Posted: 18 September 2012 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5573
Joined  2006-02-20

DazStudio Change Log
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2003-10-09
SassyWench - 17 September 2012 09:21 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting the Genesis Essentials content? I’m getting a “download not found” page. Actually, do we need to install it or will the last version work?

Looks like you’ve been caught by the same issue that I and others have - can I assume you “Reset” DAZ Studio 4.5 and are trying to re-download the Genesis Essentials 1.3? If so you’re downloading what you probably alredy have - you need to reset the DAZ Studio Beta and the Genesis essentials will be 1.4 - and will actually download!

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3106
Joined  2007-06-22

The problem I was having with installation seems to have been on my end.
I’ve got 4.5 instlled no problems so far.

I do get an error on loading Genesis
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Danmoria/Sirena/Sirena Body.dsf
it doesnt seem to be a problem except shes not showing up as dials under parameters or shaping, her parts head ear spikes etc are under Parameters but not her.
I’ve reinstalled her but the problem remains.

Posted: 18 September 2012 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2004-04-07

No problems with install, I went and ‘bought’ the Beta, as it seems my previous 4.5 was a different product! That gave me the correct download (and updated ‘Genesis Essentials from 1.3 to 1.4’)

There was a slight delay of several seconds before the uninstall phase, that’s a long time on a fast machine.raspberry

The first thing I tried was full GI with the kitchen HDR. It actually rendered in the same time (or slightly faster) then ‘Occlusion with shadows’:-)

I did notice when applying a Lana material to Genesis; the first option on context menu invites you to do the wrong thing and ‘Add as New’.

Signature 

regards
prixat

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2285
Joined  2007-12-07
scorpio64dragon - 18 September 2012 02:58 AM

it doesnt seem to be a problem except shes not showing up as dials under parameters or shaping, her parts head ear spikes etc are under Parameters but not her.

That issue was addressed in another thread a week to two (or three) back.  The upshot is that you can track down that specific file and delete it.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

I want to clearfy some Confirmation items to install new DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta

1. I downloaded 4.5rc2 before, so I need to itemized order history, and install new 4.5 beta
then now In my downlodable product
there is two items for PC

DAZ Studio Pro Beta - 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.4_trx.exe - PC
DAZStudio_4.5.0.137_Win64_Bundle.zip - PC

2 . I need to uninstall ds 4.5 product ver?

3. I need to uninstall,  genesis Starter Essentials contents?

4. I need to stop CMS before install this beta ver?

5 I need to install some plug-in again ?  or they can run without problem with new ds 4.5 beta?

6 if I install it, some my handmade products and meta-data remove?

7 if I install it,  is there some bad news which I can do it on ds 4.5 product ver well?

for me,  what I lose (if it has problem) is more improtant than the improvements from ds 4.5 product ver.

(it seems usuall there must be some improvements
when updated products or new version rereased)

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 18 September 2012 01:21 AM
acanthis - 18 September 2012 12:27 AM

ANOTHER Beta? So soon after the Release Candidate fiasco?

For God’s sake ... when will you people learn?  The aim is stability, not endless updates!

Ehm - because people want working area lights?
For example

EXACTLY .... and the question that you should ask is why those lights were not working after the end of the original beta and Release Candidate process. Such a fundamental issue should have been picked up long ago in the 4.5 development cycle and NOT still be present in what was alleged to be the “release” version.

But I suppose if you enjoy installing version after version after version after version then I understand your point of view.

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5573
Joined  2006-02-20
acanthis - 18 September 2012 04:23 AM

For God’s sake ... when will you people learn?  The aim is stability, not endless updates!

For example

EXACTLY .... and the question that you should ask is why those lights were not working after the end of the original beta and Release Candidate process. Such a fundamental issue should have been picked up long ago in the 4.5 development cycle and NOT still be present in what was alleged to be the “release” version.

But I suppose if you enjoy installing version after version after version after version then I understand your point of view.

Sorry - but I prefer new versions more often than to wait for Service Releases for months when I know that Service Release fixes a bug in for example Poser. smile
And this is a beta version, not a release. Nobody says you have to install it. If you don’t need working area lights, you can still go with the official release.
The betas are for people who like to work on betas. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

it is not improvement about removing the problem which must need for using products
which are selling in daz shop .

I am not guest who exciting new technology of star-ship.

daz studio is tool for using daz selling products in many many many sales
at least for those who bought products in daz shop.

if the tool has problem , DAZ must correct it as soon as they can, and it is usuall to apologize about problem
and wait user who paid money.

(I do not want to say , please apologize me.  but it is funny,  if the version up is something DAZ can pride,
and user must say thank you about what they achieve)

version up for removing bug is not festival.  it is duty of company.and it should be released as product ver
in principle. actually they can update when removed the bug, and can release it for user. I think.

all of customer not hope to be tester for DAZ.beta or RC1.2.3 .

I think ds 4.5.0 114 is just RC3 they shoud nam it as RC version.

I feel DAZ many time make miss announcement for selling the product.

I just want to use daz items which I bouoght in daz shop, in daz studio without problem.

I want not to install beta ver, but if I do not, I can not use the product which I bought!

the fact is problem.

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3106
Joined  2007-06-22
SimonJM - 18 September 2012 04:13 AM
scorpio64dragon - 18 September 2012 02:58 AM

That issue was addressed in another thread a week to two (or three) back.  The upshot is that you can track down that specific file and delete it.

Thank you

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13593
Joined  2003-10-09

Plugins and shaders should still work - if they were working in 4.5.0.114, of course.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 September 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 18 September 2012 06:34 AM

Plugins and shaders should still work - if they were working in 4.5.0.114, of course.

The first page gives a link to plugins that are compatible as:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/plugins-utilities?compat_software=99

But this doesn’t include any of the PoseWorks shaders (the ones now sold as “DAZ Originals”)... have they not been updated for 4.5 yet?

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
acanthis - 18 September 2012 04:23 AM

For example

No reason to ask, the reason is known:  there was a bug in the 3Delight rendering engine.  It was not under DAZ’s control, nor did anyone find it until it was too late.

From your comments I can surmise that you are looking for a reason to “down” 4.5… guess what, it works VERY well with fewer hiccups than some other software that I can name that I have had to pay for.

I find it interesting that for a few *here* the fact that DAZ provides prompt updates is a fault, when that is actually a strength.  Users of other (very expensive) software would be ecstatic to get updates as often as DAZ provides them.  In fact, those forums are replete with complaints that updates don’t happen enough.

Then there are the “WAAAHHH!  DAZ has created a new version with better features, but someone with an error between the keyboard and chair has complained!  I’m not upgrading, and it’s all DAZ’s fault!” people.  Folks, one or two people reporting a problem is a GOOD THING!  That means that everyone else is not having problems.  Hundreds of people reporting a problem is a bad thing.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2003-10-09
Cliff Bowman - 18 September 2012 02:41 AM
SassyWench - 17 September 2012 09:21 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting the Genesis Essentials content? I’m getting a “download not found” page. Actually, do we need to install it or will the last version work?

Looks like you’ve been caught by the same issue that I and others have - can I assume you “Reset” DAZ Studio 4.5 and are trying to re-download the Genesis Essentials 1.3? If so you’re downloading what you probably alredy have - you need to reset the DAZ Studio Beta and the Genesis essentials will be 1.4 - and will actually download!

Cheers,

Cliff

Thanks Cliff smile You’re exactly right except that I was resetting DS4P. LOL It worked the last time smile

Maybe I’ll just “buy” 4.5 to make it easier to keep track.

Area lights again! YAY!

Thanks again!

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2005-09-01
Orphanslayer69 - 17 September 2012 11:37 PM

Can’t get Genesis Essentials either and merging a character into a scene causes them to explode. Oddly I can merge older characters into scenes without them blowing up (for now), I just can’t save anything to work on later because the new file format does not work.

Damn it Daz, get yourself sorted out.

Also, yes I’ve heard some kind soul created some file that can supposedly sort this out. What some people don’t seem to grasp is that not all of us can understand the gibberish of “well first you flip the dizzle and insert >>>left font X<<< and then….” the instructions would make more sence in Vulcan than they do in tech talk..

(Pictured below… a beautiful???? lady who apparently got her hands on a Cenobite Puzzle Box)

This is because of an applied pose, designed for a figure other than Genesis and saved before 4.5.0.114, that changes the rotation order. This breaks the binding to the rig. If the same scene is created in 4.5.0.114 that won’t happen as DAZ Studio won’t let you change the rotation order thought he pose will still work, as well as it did before.

2 of 12