Digital Art Zone

9 of 12
DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available
Posted: 03 October 2012 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2007-01-08

@stumpc: I get only the specular highlight when rendering with GLSL on a 32 bit system, not sure about 64 bits. I’ll file a bug report if nobody has yet.

Posted: 03 October 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2006-09-04
ReDave - 03 October 2012 04:11 AM

@stumpc: I get only the specular highlight when rendering with GLSL on a 32 bit system, not sure about 64 bits. I’ll file a bug report if nobody has yet.

Thank you my friend, for some reason the bug reporter will not send me a confirmation to log on so I can’t check or file a report.

Hopefully they can figure this out ReDave.

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2009-09-11

Fantastic things that used to covert to genesis no longer work I was able to use the boots from shoe pack 2 just fine before but now…. How lame…

Image Attachments
bts.jpg
 Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17
Bobvan - 03 October 2012 11:16 AM

Fantastic things that used to covert to genesis no longer work I was able to use the boots from shoe pack 2 just fine before but now…. How lame…

If they worked before, file a bug report.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11

Thats a pain it takes you to another log in I forget my info

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4592
Joined  2004-08-11

That’s really bad Bob.  WOW… so that was a previously converted pair or a newly convert using the newest DS? 

I’m always logged in at the bug reporting area but hell, maybe that’s changed now.  I’m getting hardly ANY notifications right now I’m subscribed to about 20 threads.  Store looks great but the forums are a mess again.  DS is NOT perfect either.  Lag time when starting the program is pretty bad, about 30 second wait.  4.0 was up in a matter of seconds ready to go.  If conversions are worse rather than better that’s not good either.  I do notice that the ZBrush bridge is a total mess.  If I send over Genesis, make some changes and then hit the send back button… nothing happens.  Freezes up.  Just starting the bridge really lags allot.  Not good.  So yea, while parts of DS 4.5 seems better like that lighting issue, I guess, never noticed it but other things seems broken or crippled.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11

Why would something that worked now fail this is crap and how often has submitting a bug report lead to nothing being done DS3A anyone? Its bad enough that a limited amount of shoes / boots convert but lets break what was working just *&^ genius

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
RAMWolff - 03 October 2012 11:35 AM

That’s really bad Bob.  WOW… so that was a previously converted pair or a newly convert using the newest DS? 

I’m always logged in at the bug reporting area but hell, maybe that’s changed now.  I’m getting hardly ANY notifications right now I’m subscribed to about 20 threads.  Store looks great but the forums are a mess again.  DS is NOT perfect either.  Lag time when starting the program is pretty bad, about 30 second wait.  4.0 was up in a matter of seconds ready to go.  If conversions are worse rather than better that’s not good either.  I do notice that the ZBrush bridge is a total mess.  If I send over Genesis, make some changes and then hit the send back button… nothing happens.  Freezes up.  Just starting the bridge really lags allot.  Not good.  So yea, while parts of DS 4.5 seems better like that lighting issue, I guess, never noticed it but other things seems broken or crippled.

Startup time will vary depending on where you left your “Content Library” pointing to.  If it is to an area with a lot of items (say, Poser Formats->Pose) then DS will stall while it reads, sorts, and displays the contents of that area.  If you are at the base root then it’ll be pretty much instant.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
Bobvan - 03 October 2012 11:43 AM

Why would something that worked now fail this is crap and how often has submitting a bug report lead to nothing being done DS3A anyone? Its bad enough that a limited amount of shoes / boots convert but lets break what was working just *&^ genius

There was probably an area change on either a calculation or a glitch in the autofit clone.  In either case, if the devs are told about it they can revert back to the “working” code.  They can’t fix what they don’t know is broken.

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4592
Joined  2004-08-11

The program never stalled at version 4.0 regardless of the directory it was pointed at before dismissing the program last.  So I really don’t consider this an improvement.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
RAMWolff - 03 October 2012 11:59 AM

The program never stalled at version 4.0 regardless of the directory it was pointed at before dismissing the program last.  So I really don’t consider this an improvement.

Just explaining the phenomenon, not making a judgment.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2011-01-15

Well I’m happy to report that Daz fixed the download issues yesterday and I managed to finally get the Genesis Essentials downloaded. I installed the 4.5.0.137 beta this morning and have had a chance to play with it a bit and I’m relieved to have no problems to report so far. After all of the horror stories I was pretty worried.

I haven’t tried the new autofit yet so I can’t speak to that but other areas show no problems and there are some significant improvements over DS 4.0. The load time for Genesis is much much faster and I notice that things seem to be running in parallel during startup now. I had quite a few newly installed items and by the time metadata was finished importing for them Genesis was already loaded. In 4.0 it didn’t seem as if the default scene even started loading until after any metadat imports were completed.

Rendering seems to be MUCH faster than 4.0 and the quality of the 2 renders I did was very good. So far no issues with duplicate ids or shaders so I’ve got my fingers crossed. I’m sure there are going to be at least a couple of glitches at some point but so far I’m a happy camper.

There is still one big thing that Daz needs to improve however: The first post in this thread points to installation instruction for Mac and Windows. The same thing is in the original 4.5 release thread. The Mac version is still 4.0 specific but does have some info available. The Windows instructions have STILL not been completed. There are 2 screenshots and that’s it! Neither one has any information at all on the upgrade process from 4.0. Is there nobody at all working for Daz that is competent enough to take a couple of hours and do proper tutorials? It would certainly be beneficial to Daz to have fewer confused customers needing support would it not?

Signature 

My Daz Gallery - My Deviant Art Gallery (Nudity!)

Posted: 03 October 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11

I submitted the report I use Reality / Lux i quickly tested a few renders with UE even though they look cleaner still looks like DS3A it never seems to change much..

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2003-10-09

Does it work now with Bryce?

Posted: 04 October 2012 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-10-09
Vile - 03 October 2012 01:12 PM

Does it work now with Bryce?

After 5 tries I got working downloads (yea!) and the Mac Bryce bridge seems to work quite well.

9 of 12