Digital Art Zone

8 of 12
DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available
Posted: 30 September 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2006-09-04
stumpc - 20 September 2012 08:57 AM

After loadiing up DS 4.5 and rendering an old scene I think I found a bug in the Open GL GLSL render setting( stage 3 on the render slider). The program crashes and needs to be restarted. I’m running :

Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 2600 Mhz
Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Display Driver 3.06.23.

And I get this error and crash:

WARNING: interface\dialogs\dzbasicdialog.cpp(164): No parent specified for DzBasicDialog!
Rendering in OpenGL…
Compile failed on OpenGL Default Material Shaders, rendering without GLSL.

I tried it with DS 4.0.3.47 and did not have any problems. As far as I can tell I’m up to date on display drivers so it may be a bug. I haven’t read through all of this thread so bear with me but I’m wondering if there are others with the same problem or if they are working on it.

Thank’s in advance my friends.

Addendum:

I also get this in the crash Message:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module “C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv32.dll” at 0023:63B27DF4

The nvogl32.dll is an Nvida module so something needs to be addressed there, I also loaded and tried Firery Scene 2 and got the same crash. I reset the 3D setting for DS 4.5 in the Nvidia control panel and it still crashes. After reading threads I saw where some shaders may be a problem which is why I loaded the new ready to render scene and am still having problems.

Has Anybody else had this problem?

I’ll Ask this again, has any body else had this problem or can try this for me .
Once again thank’s in advance.

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5239
Joined  2012-04-07
cedarwolf - 30 September 2012 12:09 PM

... edit ...

I lost almost all my download permissions while attempting to download a purchase and now that purchase doesn’t show up in the itemized list so I can ask for a reset.  I’m guessing I should call them Monday and verbally request a reset.  Does this work?

Yes AFAIK, it used to. Either calling or putting in a support ticket, calling being the faster way to get a solution if there’s one to be had.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5239
Joined  2012-04-07
dan whiteside - 30 September 2012 11:20 AM

I wonder if the DAZ site problems are still going on. I’ve downloaded .137 three times since yesterday and each time I load the .zip file I get this error message. Think it’s a site problem, file problem or I’m I missing something?

Looks like a failed download. There are a couple of other websites where this would happen also when the servers were way too busy.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 30 September 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9616
Joined  2007-11-06
dan whiteside - 30 September 2012 11:20 AM

I wonder if the DAZ site problems are still going on. I’ve downloaded .137 three times since yesterday and each time I load the .zip file I get this error message. Think it’s a site problem, file problem or I’m I missing something?

Are you using the built-in Mac unarchiver or a 3rd-party tool?  I recall hearing there was a problem with the built-in one.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 30 September 2012 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-09-30

I have purchased a few items during the PA sale over the last couple of days and also updated/reset a few items for download.  Almost every single item had a glitch. Either there was a network error message, or the download stopped before it was fully downloaded, or it downloaded but could not be installed.  A couple of times, Norton Anti-Virus deleted the items so I disabled it - also without any success most of the time.  I reset almost all the items, and had some of the problems repeated, but with enough resets, I’ve been able to install all the items I purchased or updated.

I came to the conclusion that it was just a matter of “being lucky” and that the problems probably are due to the heavy traffic with the PA sale going on right now. You just have to sneak in there when there is a lull in the activities (as for when that occurs, anyone’s guess).  I thus decided to wait with any updating/resetting until the PA sale is over.

Posted: 30 September 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2003-10-09

Patience - thanks I’ll give it a day or two and try again.

Mike - I’m using Unarchiver, which successfully opened the new Genesis Essentials which I downloaded last night.

If it fails again I’ll post a bug - but where does one report download problems?

Thanks again y’all!

Posted: 30 September 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9616
Joined  2007-11-06
dan whiteside - 30 September 2012 06:26 PM

Patience - thanks I’ll give it a day or two and try again.

Mike - I’m using Unarchiver, which successfully opened the new Genesis Essentials which I downloaded last night.

If it fails again I’ll post a bug - but where does one report download problems?

Thanks again y’all!

In the Bugtracker switch the Project to “Web Search”.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2011-01-15

Your mileage may vary but I’m still having problems with downloads. Judging by the size of the incomplete downloads the problem actually seems to be getting worse. Yesterday and today I have only gotten over 100mb downloaded once before it glitches. Friday/Saturday I got over 300mb a few times and once got to 400mb.

I managed to get the main x64 zip to download the other day and since then I have managed to download a couple of smaller files. But I still have not managed to download the Genesis Essentials 1.4 exe file. I’ve lost track of the number of times I have tried downloading and the number of resets for the beta that I have done. I’ve tried download manager, no download manager, Firefox, Chrome and even Internet Explorer. The average amount downloaded is about 40mb out of the 400+ needed for a complete download.

If I had a first-born son I would be sorely tempted to trade him for a super fast internet connection so I could finish downloading before it had a chance to glitch wink

Signature 

My Daz Gallery - My Deviant Art Gallery (Nudity!)

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-15
stumpc - 30 September 2012 01:33 PM
stumpc - 20 September 2012 08:57 AM

After loadiing up DS 4.5 and rendering an old scene I think I found a bug in the Open GL GLSL render setting( stage 3 on the render slider). The program crashes and needs to be restarted. I’m running :

Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 2600 Mhz
Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Display Driver 3.06.23.

And I get this error and crash:

WARNING: interface\dialogs\dzbasicdialog.cpp(164): No parent specified for DzBasicDialog!
Rendering in OpenGL…
Compile failed on OpenGL Default Material Shaders, rendering without GLSL.

I tried it with DS 4.0.3.47 and did not have any problems. As far as I can tell I’m up to date on display drivers so it may be a bug. I haven’t read through all of this thread so bear with me but I’m wondering if there are others with the same problem or if they are working on it.

Thank’s in advance my friends.

Addendum:

I also get this in the crash Message:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module “C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv32.dll” at 0023:63B27DF4

The nvogl32.dll is an Nvida module so something needs to be addressed there, I also loaded and tried Firery Scene 2 and got the same crash. I reset the 3D setting for DS 4.5 in the Nvidia control panel and it still crashes. After reading threads I saw where some shaders may be a problem which is why I loaded the new ready to render scene and am still having problems.

Has Anybody else had this problem?

I’ll Ask this again, has any body else had this problem or can try this for me .
Once again thank’s in advance.

I’m no expert but this seems strange to me: C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv32.dll

You have a 64 bit system so are you using 32 or 64 bit D|S? If you are using a 64bit version then a 32 bit dll seems strange.

If you are using the 32 bit version of D|S try the 64. And it never hurts to update your video card drivers whether you think they are up to date or not.

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08
erostew - 01 October 2012 11:25 AM

Your mileage may vary but I’m still having problems with downloads. Judging by the size of the incomplete downloads the problem actually seems to be getting worse. Yesterday and today I have only gotten over 100mb downloaded once before it glitches. Friday/Saturday I got over 300mb a few times and once got to 400mb.

I managed to get the main x64 zip to download the other day and since then I have managed to download a couple of smaller files. But I still have not managed to download the Genesis Essentials 1.4 exe file. I’ve lost track of the number of times I have tried downloading and the number of resets for the beta that I have done. I’ve tried download manager, no download manager, Firefox, Chrome and even Internet Explorer. The average amount downloaded is about 40mb out of the 400+ needed for a complete download.

If I had a first-born son I would be sorely tempted to trade him for a super fast internet connection so I could finish downloading before it had a chance to glitch wink

I have a superfast internet connection, and I’m getting the same problem!  Tried to download the Winx64 zip multiple times at two different locations (Mom’s house and my apt) onto two different computers, and the downloads always “finished” having only gotten a partial file (how much was different every time).  Same problem trying to get the Genesis Essentials 1.4 exe file.  Frustrating!

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 01 October 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-04
erostew - 01 October 2012 11:33 AM

You have a 64 bit system so are you using 32 or 64 bit D|S? If you are using a 64bit version then a 32 bit dll seems strange.

If you are using the 32 bit version of D|S try the 64. And it never hurts to update your video card drivers whether you think they are up to date or not.

Thank’s for your reply,

That is the latest driver and I use the 32bit 4.5 when getting this error, I also have DAZ Studio3 64 and 32bit installed. As I mentioned when I first ran into thjs problem I Unistalled 4.5 and reinstalled 4(the latest version) and did not have this problem I then reinstalled 4.5 (32bit beta both times) and I’m still having this problem. It also works flawlessly in 3.1. Did you give it a try? I’m wondering if it’s just me but it seems funny that it works in all the other versions accept 4.5 and being that it causes a violation error in the Nvidia openGL module is there an instruction that is not correctly written to access this dll.

Posted: 01 October 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2007-05-26

I am getting the download errors too. Different amount downloads before error each time… guess I will wait a couple days and try again… was just wanting to fix the area lights problem so I could use some of the associated products.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 01 October 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-15
stumpc - 01 October 2012 02:04 PM
erostew - 01 October 2012 11:33 AM

Thank’s for your reply,

That is the latest driver and I use the 32bit 4.5 when getting this error, I also have DAZ Studio3 64 and 32bit installed. As I mentioned when I first ran into thjs problem I Unistalled 4.5 and reinstalled 4(the latest version) and did not have this problem I then reinstalled 4.5 (32bit beta both times) and I’m still having this problem. It also works flawlessly in 3.1. Did you give it a try? I’m wondering if it’s just me but it seems funny that it works in all the other versions accept 4.5 and being that it causes a violation error in the Nvidia openGL module is there an instruction that is not correctly written to access this dll.

I would definitely try using the 64 bit version of D|S just to make sure. With 8 gigs of ram there is really no good reason at all to be using the 32 bit version.

I still can’t manage to finish downloading the stupid thing to install 4.5 to try it so I can’t help you there. You might want to try a bug report and searching the bug tracker.

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-04
erostew - 01 October 2012 08:08 PM

I would definitely try using the 64 bit version of D|S just to make sure. With 8 gigs of ram there is really no good reason at all to be using the 32 bit version.

I still can’t manage to finish downloading the stupid thing to install 4.5 to try it so I can’t help you there. You might want to try a bug report and searching the bug tracker.

Your most likely right although I always test 32bit first as all the plugins I have are available on that platform, I figure if it works on 32bit it should work on 64 bit. I never overload my scenes to ever come close to using all my ram,

I will check the bug tracker though and if there’s anyone else who has had this experience that could chime in it would most appreciated.

Thank’s for your help there erostew.

Posted: 02 October 2012 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  2006-02-20

Well - the download errors may be the server getting overloaded because of the PA sale ...
Not that it will get much better, because the PC sale is about to be started after this.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

8 of 12