Digital Art Zone

3 of 4
New Release: DWD: Dystopian Worker Drone [Commercial]
Posted: 25 September 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2003-10-09
Moebius87 - 22 September 2012 01:40 AM

Not sure if you’ve noticed this already, but also shown below is the “sensor” located at the “palm” which allows the DWD to better “see” what it is holding or manipulating. It pretty much makes the challenge of hand-eye coordination insignificant, when you’ve got an “eye” on your hand.
Cheers! — Möe

http://youtu.be/mdRa4cLDopY

Here is a test animation I ran back when I was testing the hand poses. It’s very rough so feel free to laugh at it. : )
The real value is just to get a look at the sequence for its use of the camera embedded in the hands.

Everything I did was rendered in Poser 8 and the tanks and Goliaths added in After Effects.

And just to note re: Moe’s Fly Catching Movie, there is a fly catching hand pose included, but no fly.

More later,

deci6el

Image Attachments
DWDTac.png

Posted: 25 September 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2006-01-22

And there i was struggling to get those broomsticks right for the render ohh.

How would i manage to even try to catch a fly!? downer

I like the animations cheese.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Posted: 25 September 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2003-10-09

some of you will not know how long this one has been in the workshop, well it was worth the wait.
anyways heres a test render of a very versatile droid.
yes four hands are better than two

Image Attachments
dweed02.jpgdweed03.jpg

Posted: 25 September 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2004-12-23
SoulTaker - 25 September 2012 12:35 PM

yes four hands are better than two

Twice as many hands shaken in any given amount of time! The ideal politician!... cheese

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2004-04-21

I really liked how you’ve stacked them up… and it looks like you’ve got him carrying a bit of kit from one of Nightshift’s sets… and that corridor looks like something I released over a decade ago! That modular set pre-dates Dystopia. grin

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter
“If you don’t mind, then it don’t matter”

Team-Dystopia Store at DAZ 3D

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
jeanke - 25 September 2012 10:31 AM

And there i was struggling to get those broomsticks right for the render ohh.

How would i manage to even try to catch a fly!? downer

I like the animations cheese.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Hehehehe… I cheated. I started with the fly caught in the fingers at frame 150 then went backwards to an open position. Doing things the old fashioned way by beginning with the end in mind.

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 26 September 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Moebius87 - 25 September 2012 08:10 PM

I really liked how you’ve stacked them up… and it looks like you’ve got him carrying a bit of kit from one of Nightshift’s sets… and that corridor looks like something I released over a decade ago! That modular set pre-dates Dystopia. grin

Cheers! — Möe

He stacked easily and very well, I have no problems with him, he’s the new goal keeper at dystopian steel.
Well spotted on DZfires kit and yes the corridor is yours, may be 10 years old but stands up for its self today (has it realy been 10 years)

Posted: 26 September 2012 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
SoulTaker - 26 September 2012 12:33 AM

Cheers! — Möe

He stacked easily and very well, I have no problems with him, he’s the new goal keeper at dystopian steel.
Well spotted on DZfires kit and yes the corridor is yours, may be 10 years old but stands up for its self today (has it realy been 10 years)

Oh dear… I guessed wrong then… I said “Nightshift”, but then you confirmed it as a “DZfire” item.

Yes, it has been a little more than ten years since I released the “Deco-Tech Modular Props” (with Platypus3d) over at that other place. A render in my gallery there has a date of September 5, 2002. I’m really glad to see that it still does it’s job fairly well. grin

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 26 September 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Moebius87 - 26 September 2012 01:05 AM
SoulTaker - 26 September 2012 12:33 AM

Cheers! — Möe

Oh dear… I guessed wrong then… I said “Nightshift”, but then you confirmed it as a “DZfire” item.

Yes, it has been a little more than ten years since I released the “Deco-Tech Modular Props” (with Platypus3d) over at that other place. A render in my gallery there has a date of September 5, 2002. I’m really glad to see that it still does it’s job fairly well. grin

Cheers! — Möe

I must Apologise. my bad, you are right I am wrong it was nightshift and not DZfire.

Posted: 27 September 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-01-22

Hey, in regards of my issue with DWD_B and _C.

I can confirm it’s an issue with the latest beta version, i reinstalled the previous build (4.5.0.114) and every thing loads just fine, no crash.
In the beta, it doesn’t load the toso of B and C (not the unity) and when you move your cursur in the view port it crashes downer .
Gosh, having a hard time explaining and translating this in my head. ohh

So the good news is that your product is fine cheese, just the beta version doesn’t like it long face .

Now should i (try to) file in a bug report or will one of you guy’s (PA’s) do it? If you have the time, that is.
If not, i’ll do my best to file one.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2004-12-23
jeanke - 27 September 2012 12:46 PM

Now should i (try to) file in a bug report or will one of you guy’s (PA’s) do it?

Do it, you have more weight being a D|S user and a paying customer… I guess SoulTaker will file one too, but it’s clearly a case of “the more the merrier”.

Signature 

Extinct

Posted: 28 September 2012 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-01-22

Ok, i filed a report, ID is ‘0048022’. For those that want to add something smile.

Now hoping for a easy fix cheese .

Grtz Jean-Claude

Posted: 28 September 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3460
Joined  2009-08-05

Question, can it use Gen4 poses?

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 28 September 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-01-22
Zev0 - 28 September 2012 05:46 AM

I would say no, it’s a totaly different figure than generation 4 characters.

It does come with some pose presets smile.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Posted: 28 September 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2003-10-09
Zev0 - 28 September 2012 05:46 AM

You could always try and see what happens. It probably won’t be pretty because the DWD as a robot has a different joint setup than most other characters (human). Limits and disabled channels restrict his movement appropriate to what he is and any human pose would have a different number of bones.

The poses included are a good start plus its good to start from scratch just to get used to the rig and how its unique to other robots.
As I learned to use it I thought it was a fun character to pose.

3 of 4