Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
New Release: DWD: Dystopian Worker Drone [Commercial]
Posted: 17 September 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2004-04-21

Just in case you didn’t know… the Dystopian Worker Drone (DWD) has just been released!

A rugged and reliable worker unit, that is both versatile as it is durable. Designed for heavy labor in just about any sort of environment, the DWD will keep working until its next maintenance cycle… or it decides to run amok. red face

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter
“If you don’t mind, then it don’t matter”

Team-Dystopia Store at DAZ 3D

Posted: 17 September 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21

Here are a few renders testing the range of motion of the DWD. This is render done by deci6el (donski).

Cheers! — Möe

Image Attachments
Squat5Comp5.jpgSquat5.jpgsquat5_Industrial3.jpg
 Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 17 September 2012 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21

The DWD does require some assembly out of the box, but the unit parts are well coded and the DIY instructions are very clear. tongue wink Again, these renders were done by deci6el (donski).

Cheers! — Möe

Image Attachments
PartsComp3Lo.jpgPartsForumSize0.jpg
 Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-05-09

FINALLY!!!!!

Very nice. Very very nice. And these definitely are the Droids I was looking for!

Regards,

JF

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  509
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks cool. As always.

Posted: 18 September 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21

It’s been a long while in development, but I am really happy that deci6el (donski) was able to get it out of deep freeze, work on it and get it done.

I’ll post more images later on. grin

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 19 September 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a reminder:

The Dweed looks good at different scales too. They don’t all have to be the same size. cool smile

This is still shot from an animation currently undergoing edits. Will post when I get some of the kinks out of it.

Image Attachments
dz_PrisonerSeven.jpg

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-10-04

Great work guys!  The Dweed textures are terrific!  Thanks for making DS-specific versions of the materials and not requiring DS4 to use them.  Of course the robot is well-built and well-designed, which is something I always expect from any Team Dystopia product.  I think the interchangeable heads are a good idea. If a different head is desired after it’s already been posed, it can be swapped with a simple click of the mouse.  I also like that the legs are available as a separate figure.  I’ve already thought of several fun things to do with them… grin  Here are my first few renders using the Dweed.  Not the greatest renders, but I hope people find them amusing anyway.

Image Attachments
Deer_Robot.jpgA_Off_To_Work_We_Go.jpg

Posted: 20 September 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-10-04

Here’s a couple more renders showing some different uses for the leg figures.  The first is a Goliath-Dweed hybrid that has apparently run amok as Möe foretold… cool smile  The second shows an alternate method of locomotion for one of my favorite freebies. smile

Image Attachments
TXE_Running.jpgA_Goliath_Dweed_Running_Amok.jpg

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
kastaway - 20 September 2012 10:21 PM

Great work guys!  The Dweed textures are terrific!  Thanks for making DS-specific versions of the materials and not requiring DS4 to use them.  Of course the robot is well-built and well-designed, which is something I always expect from any Team Dystopia product.  I think the interchangeable heads are a good idea. If a different head is desired after it’s already been posed, it can be swapped with a simple click of the mouse.  I also like that the legs are available as a separate figure.  I’ve already thought of several fun things to do with them… grin  Here are my first few renders using the Dweed.  Not the greatest renders, but I hope people find them amusing anyway.

Hehehehe!

They’re carrying lunch boxes! Worker drones indeed, but what could they possibly be carrying in those?

Really struggling with the one with the deer… very anachronistic take on an idyllic scene. I like it, but I just don’t understand it… don’t worry though… that’s just me being dense and analytical. grin I also didn’t realize in the range of motion that the DWD would be able to point his toes like that.

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
kastaway - 20 September 2012 10:34 PM

Here’s a couple more renders showing some different uses for the leg figures.  The first is a Goliath-Dweed hybrid that has apparently run amok as Möe foretold… cool smile  The second shows an alternate method of locomotion for one of my favorite freebies. smile

I knew that we had flexibility built into our basic design for the DWD, but I honestly did not anticipate this. I am always astonished and delighted at the level of talent you bring to the art of kit-bashing. grin These are funny!

The Goliath now has legs… and it’s become some strange city killing mega-robot! LOL! The TXE has transmogrified from a hover vehicle to an odd cyberpunk sort of palanquin. Great stuff… your sense of humor always gives my day a really positive spin. Thank you for sharing these here!

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 21 September 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2003-10-09

Kastaway,

Ditto what Moe said.
Really great to see you jump into the character the way we hoped people would. Fun for me to see him doing something new. The Sedan-chair was definitely one I didn’t see coming. lol

And while I definitely envisioned the Attack of the 500 ft Dweed, I didn’t anticipate the Goliath/Antenna version. Kooky! Plus I was glad to see a TraffiKop going down in flames. ; )

Thanks for the feedback and posting your pics.

deci6el

Posted: 21 September 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

The ‘Eat at Feng’s’ is a freebie? Do you have link?

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 21 September 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23

I love this! I have a render, but I’m thinking of entering it in a contest so I can’t share just yet. wink I look forward to add-ons. :D

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 21 September 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21

When the contest is over and you’re free to share, please do post a link in here to your render, Zaarin. grin

Cheers! — Möe

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

Posted: 21 September 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-04-21
Gedd - 21 September 2012 04:00 PM

The ‘Eat at Feng’s’ is a freebie? Do you have link?

The TXE vehicle is a freebie available only at the Team-Dystopia forums... and it is buried in the Treasury over there… where direct links aren’t allowed (only because we use the freebie items to generate interest in our forums).

If you do manage to get through all the bureaucratic red tape typical of any oppressive dystopic authoritarian regime the TXE Stand is also a free item there.

Cheers! — Möe

P.S. — If you have any trouble getting in just say that the “supreme chancellor” sent you. It doesn’t make things much easier though, because it flags you as a conformist by the resistance movement… and you’ll have to watch out for them on your own.

Signature 

Mind Over Matter

1 of 4