2 of 2
Night Moon
Posted: 18 September 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1544
Joined  2007-12-10
Jamahoney - 18 September 2012 04:55 AM

If interested, a global cylindrical projection of the Moon by Jens Meyer can be found here (big image 4096 X 8192) –> http://laps.noaa.gov/albers/sos/moon/moon_8k_color_brim16.jpg, which you can then overlay on to a Bryce sphere.

Jay

Thanks Jay!
That’s the picture I’ve been looking for for years. smile

Certainly much much better mapping this onto a sphere for outer space renders.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2010-02-18

@Savage…plenty more here—> http://laps.noaa.gov/albers/sos/sos.html

Cheers

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1357
Joined  2011-09-25
shaykall - 17 September 2012 11:29 PM
GussNemo - 17 September 2012 10:11 PM

@shaykall:  I so understand hit and miss and getting my head around things.  I’ve watched some tutorials more than once and still can’t get it into my mind.  I think “been there, done it” applies. cheese

I know what you mean, my main problem is, needing to know the nitty gritty of things, for example if I am watching a tutorial and following along and the instructor says do this and do that, I want to know why I do it and the result if I do it wrong, I find that I learn quicker that way.

It takes me longer to learn just by doing it and then trying to fix the mistakes, also remembering what each item / process does.
When I watch video’s by David Brinnen, Horo, Oroboros, Rashad I am amazed that they remember everything, I am pleased just to remember how to fire Bryce up lololol

@ shaykall:  You and I aren’t related, are we?  What you’ve described is the same thing I go through.  I can follow a tutorial, usually get the same results, usually, but when striking out on my own I end up watching the tutorial again.  Starting Bryce is the easy part.  Doing it myself is another question.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 18 September 2012 08:46 AM
shaykall - 17 September 2012 11:29 PM
GussNemo - 17 September 2012 10:11 PM

@shaykall:  I so understand hit and miss and getting my head around things.  I’ve watched some tutorials more than once and still can’t get it into my mind.  I think “been there, done it” applies. cheese

I know what you mean, my main problem is, needing to know the nitty gritty of things, for example if I am watching a tutorial and following along and the instructor says do this and do that, I want to know why I do it and the result if I do it wrong, I find that I learn quicker that way.

It takes me longer to learn just by doing it and then trying to fix the mistakes, also remembering what each item / process does.
When I watch video’s by David Brinnen, Horo, Oroboros, Rashad I am amazed that they remember everything, I am pleased just to remember how to fire Bryce up lololol

@ shaykall:  You and I aren’t related, are we?  What you’ve described is the same thing I go through.  I can follow a tutorial, usually get the same results, usually, but when striking out on my own I end up watching the tutorial again.  Starting Bryce is the easy part.  Doing it myself is another question.

I think this is true for most people. What we need to remember though is that people like David and Horo who make it all look so easy have been doing this for years. Once we’ve been doing it for years we won’t need to refer back to the tutorials as much. smile

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1544
Joined  2007-12-10

I’ve been doing it for years and I still learn from the most basic tutorials. red face
The DTE is so complex you could never learn it by yourself for a start.

But what I really like about David’s tutorials is that they show he is also still learning and he’s not afraid to leave the bits in where he’s forgotten to do an essential part of whatever he’s teaching or mention when there’s a bit he doesn’t really understand. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

2 of 2