37 of 91
A New Hope
Posted: 14 October 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 541 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
AtticAnne - 14 October 2012 08:17 AM

Jeff, I am so sorry.  My prayers and thoughts are with the nine families involved in the loss of Donna and Jacob.

Thank you Anne, it will be a time for me to be strong for those around me.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 542 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15280
Joined  2003-10-09

I alwasy find it hard to find the right words, when it comes to something like this. It brings back memories and makes it difficult for me to express my heartfelt sympathy.

Please do believe though, that my thoughts are with you, and I feel your pain, and that of those around you.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 543 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
chohole - 14 October 2012 08:31 AM

I alwasy find it hard to find the right words, when it comes to something like this. It brings back memories and makes it difficult for me to express my heartfelt sympathy.

Please do believe though, that my thoughts are with you, and I feel your pain, and that of those around you.

Thank you as well Pam, I’m sorry it has brought back times you had faced and put to rest. I’m the strongest in the family at times like this. As the baby it became a normal part of life as I grew up, my siblings and younger friends are the ones who will have to lean more on others.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 544 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1008
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 14 October 2012 05:19 AM

Big Downer Alert!

It is a sad time for all of us here in this part of the grove. Nine families, all within walking distance of my house, were touched by a loss in the family yesterday. We lost two People yesterday, one is in a better place and has been released from her years long fight with several medical issues. Donna will be missed by family and friends, her passing has left a dull place in my heart. I grew up with her and watched her children become young men and women.

We also lost Jacob, my Almost brother in laws (he and my sister are a couple but refuse to marry) youngest son from another marriage. It seems the young man, in his teens, and at least one friend were playing with guns. All I know for sure is he passed away and Brian and my sister are devastated.

I am in shock myself, I have known these people like my own family and think of them as family. May the Lord give them peace and help those here who will need him more now than ever before.

Sorry to hear that Jeff, I’m not sure what else to say except you’re in my thoughts.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 545 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7519
Joined  2006-03-19
BlumBlumShub - 14 October 2012 02:12 PM
Jaderail - 14 October 2012 05:19 AM

Big Downer Alert!

It is a sad time for all of us here in this part of the grove. Nine families, all within walking distance of my house, were touched by a loss in the family yesterday. We lost two People yesterday, one is in a better place and has been released from her years long fight with several medical issues. Donna will be missed by family and friends, her passing has left a dull place in my heart. I grew up with her and watched her children become young men and women.

We also lost Jacob, my Almost brother in laws (he and my sister are a couple but refuse to marry) youngest son from another marriage. It seems the young man, in his teens, and at least one friend were playing with guns. All I know for sure is he passed away and Brian and my sister are devastated.

I am in shock myself, I have known these people like my own family and think of them as family. May the Lord give them peace and help those here who will need him more now than ever before.

Sorry to hear that Jeff, I’m not sure what else to say except you’re in my thoughts.

Same here. Not much to say but sorry for the loss. Its always hard to loose someone close.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 546 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

You guy’s take care, I’m well. My brother, 17 years plus my senior is not holding up very well. One of the ones I’m going to have to help. He feels things very deeply. Still no word on what the families need or if anyone is thinking about the things that must be done. I feel a bit helpless, by now I could have sent food (Southern thing) or at least spoke with someone so I could make plans and offer my help if needed. My phone has been very quiet for this day. Maybe tomorrow.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 547 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2011-01-13

Jeff, I don’t know what to say, except… Stay strong for the people who need someone to lean on. And I don’t mean literally lean on. lol

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 548 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thanks Jacob, I’m starting to wonder. This is a bit odd for my neighborhood. I feel the need to know who is doing all the gathering of info and family get together’s. I should know by now. The Church should have let me know by this time today. Maybe the fact I’m 90% home bound has slowed things down but I expected a visit from the family (some one) by this time. I pray all is well, and it’s not to much for them to take. I can only pray at this point.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 549 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4613
Joined  2004-07-01
Jaderail - 14 October 2012 03:36 PM

Thanks Jacob, I’m starting to wonder. This is a bit odd for my neighborhood. I feel the need to know who is doing all the gathering of info and family get together’s. I should know by now. The Church should have let me know by this time today. Maybe the fact I’m 90% home bound has slowed things down but I expected a visit from the family (some one) by this time. I pray all is well, and it’s not to much for them to take. I can only pray at this point.

peace and love to you all

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 550 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2011-01-13

Some brighter news:

I was at an event last night when a girl in her 20s came up to meet me. After the first exchange, she wanted to give me a big hug. Another exchange, another hug. A third exchange, a third hug, and this time…well…I haven’t washed off all the lipstick on my neck and left cheek yet.

That’s never happened to me before. lol

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 551 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2012-09-27

Jaderail, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 552 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you all, please post some other stuff. I’m having to deal with family (mine) and Daz is my escape right now. I thought It would all be planned ahead by now but it’s not. This will be part of my life until the healing can begin. Until I can help them see the other end of this time and they can see it as well I would much rather, help and chat as we always did

I’m at a loss, why do today’s people, even when it is known, not plan for this? Not dealing with the hard things so the hard times are easier on everyone is one thing I think today’s world has given us. It’s a much different world than I thought.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 553 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-09-27

Can we post WIPs in this thread? I’m hoping to get better at DAZ and 3D modeling, and the only way that will happen is getting feedback.  Here’s a sample of my latest efforts, featuring the Genesis Nano Suit and free environment, sidearm and hair.

Image Attachments
TEST3.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 554 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
jerriecan - 14 October 2012 05:30 PM

Can we post WIPs in this thread? I’m hoping to get better at DAZ and 3D modeling, and the only way that will happen is getting feedback.  Here’s a sample of my latest efforts, featuring the Genesis Nano Suit and free environment, sidearm and hair.

Work on your Hand posing. Tip when you have your figure ready with the END pose but other stuff looks a bit off Select that body part, switch your camera view to Perspective and do the Center on Selected thing, then zoom in and start editing. You are using a camera that will not move your Render camera and you can get close enough to edit everything just the way you want it. The Center on Selected is the Broken Box with the + in it.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 555 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-09-27

I tried to align the gun, but when I tried to rotate it the Y and Z axes both rotated on the Y axis - no matter what I tried I couldn’t make it align the way I wanted.  And with each new body pose, it seemed to get a little further out of what little alignment I had.  Not sure what I was doing wrong. :(  I’ll give your suggestions a try ASAP. smile

37 of 91