Digital Art Zone

31 of 91
A New Hope
Posted: 09 October 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 451 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7103
Joined  2009-07-13

yes, seen that, he made his videos in very short segments as Carrara kept crashing too!
talked about it on the old forum.
I had similar issues on my laptop with Daz studio but persevered so know what it is like (but nowhere near as good at it!!)

actually got the shock of my life when studio crashed on my desktop yesterday!!
has not I think since I bought it!!! (the desktop computer, Carrara C8.5beta does frequently)
Mec4 beard and bodyhair bushed to the max in a render did it.
but it was the 32bit I used for lipsync, I should have saved and rendered it in the 64bit.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 452 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  603
Joined  2011-01-13

I should not hae talked smack about betas yesterday.. Your DS and my Carrara crashed after that.

Oops, sorry. Betas are cool. :D

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 453 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1007
Joined  2007-04-08

Really enjoyed that Fields of Fire one, Jacob.  The other one dragged on a bit so I closed it after a couple of minutes!

@Jeff:  I love nature, but I hate living in it!  The floor makes a very uncomfortable bed, the bugs make uncomfortable bedmates and a tent is horrible.  Give me a five star hotel any day!

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 454 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  603
Joined  2011-01-13

Yeah, I got bored with the second one too.

I’m an outside type as well. But I’m too bloody stuck on my computer. If trees trees had outlet sockets, I’d spend all my time camping.

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 455 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

I am getting frustrated with my content.  I’ve spent a bloody fortune on ‘stuff’ and every time I want to do something I find that I haven’t got what I need. 

I am working on my entry for the newbie contest and I’m fed up of trying to get shoes/boots to fit with Genesis, and I’m VERY fed up that I haven’t got any ‘normal’ clothing, it’s all fantasy or sci fi or skimpy.

GRRRRRRRRRR and such.

{edit} - I was actually thinking of getting some shoes/boots for Genesis but there’s SO little to choose from it seems.  That’s just a bit annoying when Autofit doesn’t work!

Dear content creators, Genesis needs shoes, thank’s for listening :D

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 456 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15143
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you looked at a vendor called Dogz.  He made a whole shoe set for Genesis adn the gen 4 figures, and his 3 in 1 outfot also has 3 variants of shoes and that is just for Genesisi

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 457 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
chohole - 10 October 2012 03:30 AM

Have you looked at a vendor called Dogz.  He made a whole shoe set for Genesis adn the gen 4 figures, and his 3 in 1 outfot also has 3 variants of shoes and that is just for Genesisi

Yeah, I found his stuff and it looks brilliant.  However, it’s also got a hefty price tag.  I’m going to have to shop around before I plant that much cash into shoes.  I wouldn’t even pay that for a pair of shoes for me!

{edit} - Seems there are quite a few really nice shoes in some of the $1.99 and even $0.99 clothing sets, so I’m buying some of those.  Don’t know why I haven’t already done that in fact.

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 458 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

This isn’t a whinge, this is purely a “wouldn’t it be nice if…”

Wouldn’t it be nice if you got a bundle from Daz and had the option to just download and install the whole lot at once?

Oooooooh yes!

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 459 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-07-31
wendy♥catz - 09 October 2012 08:40 AM

yes, my “blood” was just a plain shader, no refraction, reflection, transparency or anything, the render times would be horrendous.
looks better animated but not in the one I uploaded!
I posted a teaser where I accidently ticked freeze for the emiter so the blood spurts up then freezes looking like is does in the render.
look at my Alien v Predator video, the kiss to see what particles CAN look like, and bear in mind it took 2 days to render THAT!!

Anne, I only posted it last week, Wednesday I think, Australia is on the other side of the World, downunder.
and, they lose stuff on planes too! I had to give an insurance quote!! incase they lose it!!!
(not saying they will tongue rolleye so don’t panic!!!)

At least it’s not coming Pony Express.  I’m just eager to start using it.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 460 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2012-09-27

Aargh! :(  Just bought a new laptop, sprung for the total replacement plan because I’m a klutz and I’ll probably need it - and now I can’t get the damn total replacement plan to register!  Typed in all the relevant info three times, and still, no plan listed!  I paid almost two hundred bucks for this???  I’m about ready to take the damn thing back and go to Wally World.

Just breathe.  *tries to calm down*  Not a good day.  Needed to vent a bit.

(a very stressed)
Jerriecan

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 461 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

By all means vent away, I do it often enough!

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 462 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

I as well, venting is my strong point.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 463 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15143
Joined  2003-10-09

I have my days as well

Image Attachments
heat_vent-cat-phoebe-funny-comic.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 10 October 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 464 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

Today I am sleepy.  Just thought I’d say!

And Windows did its usual trick of rebooting to update while I’m in the middle of a render.  And I could have sworn I stopped it from doing that!  Still, at least I had my scene saved so not actually lost any work, just render time.

{edit} - I have never done such a complicated image, nor ever spent this long on creating one.  I am so proud!

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 465 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

I set mine the same but noticed it still did it sometimes for no known reason. It’s a real PITA. I’ve got Dialysis in 6hrs and not one lick of sleep. I will not make it, I’ll crash hard in another hour or two and that will be that. I tried so hard to sleep, but nothing helps. Oh well, I’ve missed a treatment from time to time, I’ll be just fine.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

31 of 91