A New Hope
Posted: 08 October 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1025
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 08 October 2012 11:20 AM
chohole - 08 October 2012 11:08 AM

I think you been bouncing up and down on me, i feel somewhat less than bouncy.  Did I really volunteer for this. rolleyes

Yes, and I did as well, we got to take it as it comes. But I’m running off for awhile so it’s all yours and the others for awhile.

P.S. Ruff day so far, lots of questions.

Oh dear.  I’d offer to help if I actually visited more areas of the forum.  And if I actually knew any answers instead of having a fluffy brain!

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 08 October 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8231
Joined  2009-07-13

oh. God, now we will have to help Barry with all his Carrara questions
please mate, venture out of the new users forum into the Carrara forum
Jacob has a “Carrara academy” thread you can join for safety and familiar faces (avatars)
Andy/3dage drops in and is the most helpful Carrara CV ever.

at least unlike Maya, we can help, hoping Attic Anne will join in more too, I can only answer questions if asked!
and you only learn by asking questions.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1025
Joined  2007-04-08
wendy♥catz - 08 October 2012 01:02 PM

Jacob has a “Carrara academy” thread you can join for safety and familiar faces (avatars)

at least unlike Maya, we can help, hoping Attic Anne will join in more too, I can only answer questions if asked!

I’m not enjoying Maya at all, because I don’t feel comfortable asking anyone a question for fear that they will beat me to death with the snobbery stick.  It will be a slower process learning that, because I will be doing it almost completely alone.

Carrara excites me more because I can learn with friends, and because it’s got most of the stuff that Maya has, though differently I guess.

I’ve had Carrara 7 Pro for a while, and Carrara 6 Pro too, but never really used them much because I felt out of date!  Now I can feel like I’m on the cutting edge right up until 8.5 is released!

Going to enjoy this.  A lot.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2004-07-01
BlumBlumShub - 08 October 2012 03:21 PM
wendy♥catz - 08 October 2012 01:02 PM

I’m not enjoying Maya at all, because I don’t feel comfortable asking anyone a question for fear that they will beat me to death with the snobbery stick.  It will be a slower process learning that, because I will be doing it almost completely alone.

Carrara excites me more because I can learn with friends, and because it’s got most of the stuff that Maya has, though differently I guess.

I’ve had Carrara 7 Pro for a while, and Carrara 6 Pro too, but never really used them much because I felt out of date!  Now I can feel like I’m on the cutting edge right up until 8.5 is released!

Going to enjoy this.  A lot.

sorry to hear you give up on Maya
was looking forward to you posting about it
skull

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

a lot of people stll use Carrara 7 pro, it is more stable in many ways.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

I also wanted to see what you could do in Maya
not snobby, we just cannot afford it and want to see what all the fuss is about.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 October 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

Poser7 physics being annoying for me, all I wanted was m4 flopping on an operating table.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2011-01-13
wendy♥catz - 08 October 2012 05:56 PM

Poser7 physics being annoying for me, all I wanted was m4 flopping on an operating table.

Do I want to know what you’re doing to poor Mikey? lol

Signature 

I’m too stubborn to quit.

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

lol! just getting the pz2 for him lying there with his chest cracked open and bleeding out while the two Genesis doctors argue.
rendering in Carrara but spurting blood particles taking forever.
that and the metaball blood over the internal organs.
used M4 as it was just easier than a third Genesis, get lots of autofit errors with multiple ones unless I save them all seperately.
he has his internal anatomy, a second M4 with musclemaps and a skeleton conformed, alpha map on chest and guts, vertex softselected stretch to pull chest open either side of alpha map to show innards and muscle tissue.
I might have to lose the spurting blood as it will take too long to render.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Are they arguing about who should be Surgeon of the Month? :D

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
wendy♥catz - 08 October 2012 07:20 PM

lol! just getting the pz2 for him lying there with his chest cracked open and bleeding out while the two Genesis doctors argue.
rendering in Carrara but spurting blood particles taking forever.
that and the metaball blood over the internal organs.
used M4 as it was just easier than a third Genesis, get lots of autofit errors with multiple ones unless I save them all seperately.
he has his internal anatomy, a second M4 with musclemaps and a skeleton conformed, alpha map on chest and guts, vertex softselected stretch to pull chest open either side of alpha map to show innards and muscle tissue.
I might have to lose the spurting blood as it will take too long to render.

WTF? You really going that far? Sounds Gruesome to the max, will you even be able to post that one to a site? I’m not a big fan of gore just because (Saw movies ect…) but I will need to see this. And I thought Hell Farm was effed up. You awesome in my book.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

actually quite boring!
he just lies there twitching slightly while they argue.
the particles will make it if they are worth the time.

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I’ve had a horror scene/animation in mind since last Halloween. But I’m not that good at posing to set keyframes.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
LightofHeaven - 08 October 2012 09:00 PM

I’ve had a horror scene/animation in mind since last Halloween. But I’m not that good at posing to set keyframes.

Jacob I got DS just because I thought I wanted to do animation. I bought AniMate Plus when it was brand new and looked like it was the best way to go. I also bought LOADS of the AniBlocks to make it all easy to do. To this day I have not RENDERED one little animated file. I just do not have the skill needed to do a DANCE animation even with all the AniBlocks for Hip Hop and the other sets added together. I have no trouble seeing a still image in my mind but when I try to get things to move I just can not keep up with everything involved. Just getting V4 to walk down a hall is beyond my ability. I can get her to slide and glide and the camera to move without me wanting it to, but for the life of me I can not get close to Wendy or even the really cheap Saturday morning hand drawn stuff. It takes way more detail than I have the brains to do. I’m not saying this to discourage you, I’m saying it so you will get a BEE up your BUTT and prove your able to do it!

cool grin cool smirk cool smile !!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

first thing I tried when I opened studio was an animation.
but I started 3D with iClone.
I have been running around with a video camera and annoying evryone for over 20 years.
video was the reason I got a computer.
I DID have a darkroom and B&W developing equipment though so still photos interested me.

Image Attachments
scubs_m5248.pngscubs_m5009.png
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

28 of 91