Digital Art Zone

18 of 91
A New Hope
Posted: 30 September 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 256 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1007
Joined  2007-04-08

@Pam:  How do you like Poser 8?  I like it a lot but still prefer DS even though I don’t know why.  And of course I’m a bit grumpy about paying for Poser and preferring DS!

And I am NOT getting into a fight about which is better, partly because that’s pathetic and childish but mostly because it’s all down to personal choice and nobody will change anyone’s mind by arguing.  Just thought I’d say, before any trolls appeared.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 30 September 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 257 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15136
Joined  2003-10-09

So far I quite like P8, although I am bit miffed because Shader Spider won’t work in it, and I use Shader Spider a lot .Apart from that I guess I can live with it.  Mostly I only use Poser for setting things up, then they go into Bryce. If it’s stuff for my site, then I set up the mat poses in Poser, and do the promo renders in Poser.

Not sure how I am going to do my mat poses without Shader Spider.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 September 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 258 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

I don’t actually know what Shader Spider is.  Sounds like a bug that hangs around in dark corners.  Creeeeepy!

I has a new picture!  Originally it conformed to the rule of thirds, and then I must have moved the camera and it didn’t any more!  Still, I like it.

Image Attachments
ProjectAngel.png
 Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 259 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8381
Joined  2007-11-06
BlumBlumShub - 30 September 2012 05:00 PM

I don’t actually know what Shader Spider is.  Sounds like a bug that hangs around in dark corners.  Creeeeepy!

It’s one of those extra plugins you need to buy to make Poser able to do what DAZ Studio has built-in :devil:

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 30 September 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 260 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  603
Joined  2011-01-13

Boy, today has been one of those days when all I want to do is think and imagine.

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 30 September 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 261 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7103
Joined  2009-07-13

I think I sprayed a shader spider with insecticide behind my computer desk last night.
Poser7 runs ok on Win7 home premium.
I use the compatibilty wizard on some programs under rightclick troubleshoot compatibility
but have a few I cannot use inc Sonic the hedgehog!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 01 October 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 262 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

I has a new picture!  Originally it conformed to the rule of thirds, and then I must have moved the camera and it didn’t any more!  Still, I like it.

I like it Barry. Keep it up bro.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 October 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 263 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 01 October 2012 05:03 AM

I like it Barry. Keep it up bro.

Thanks Jeff.

So… Now… I’m kind of used to lighting (in a newbie sort of way), and I can position things, and come up with a half-decent render using a subject and a background.

Next step from an actual art point of view… Attention to detail!  My art has mostly been an experiment in posing, lighting, etc until now, and I’m improving enough at that to make me want to get better at putting more in my scenes, in a logical and artful way.

Expect another piece soon.

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 264 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

How are we all today?

I’ve spent a good day with a friend today and am ready for a good night.  Got to pick my stepdaughter up later, but other than that I’m up for some relaxation and possibly playing with DS.  Won’t be working on any modelling or anything tonight, feeling the need to stick with what I know tonight.

Not sure what theme to use, I seem to be on a downward spiral with my BlumBlumShub character render.  Maybe I should just put that on hold.

Got a fair bit of stuff to look through from the PA sale, so I’m looking forward to that.

One thing I do have to do is uninstall some stuff that I got a refund for, because I totally forgot to do that.  I can remember it all though so it won’t be a problem.

What are you guys up to?

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 265 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

My normal Tuesday stuff. Did clinic so not feeling 100% but that’s normal as well. I’m gonna make a new Freebie set into Smart Props and that’s all I have planed for today.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 266 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2012-09-27

Just spending the day at work - fun fun fun! wink  Trying to figure out a texturing issue on a model I’m using, but can’t try a new suggestion until I get home.  Lots of questions about DAZ, brand new to the program and 3D modeling in general, but those will have to wait a bit.  Playing with Filter Forge, cranking out textures for later use.

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 267 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Jaderail - 02 October 2012 10:35 AM

My normal Tuesday stuff. Did clinic so not feeling 100% but that’s normal as well. I’m gonna make a new Freebie set into Smart Props and that’s all I have planed for today.

That’s pretty productive.  I might pick your brains about making smart props at some point.

Oh, that reminds me… well… something reminds me, probably just seeing you here actually… You play Spore don’t you?  Do you have the online stuff active?  I got a copy over the weekend and am probably going to start it soonly.

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 268 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15136
Joined  2003-10-09

Me I am toddling around the forums, as usual, looking for fires to put out.

Twiddling my fingers waiting for the nod that the download problem is fixed, so I can have another go at downloading the long list of stuff I purchased and didn’t bother to Download till I had the new PC up and running.

Keeping an eye on the PC sale, first members choice thread is up.

Apart from that not doing a lot.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 269 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7103
Joined  2009-07-13

I better put that matchbox away then snake

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 270 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
BlumBlumShub - 02 October 2012 10:38 AM
Jaderail - 02 October 2012 10:35 AM

That’s pretty productive.  I might pick your brains about making smart props at some point.

Oh, that reminds me… well… something reminds me, probably just seeing you here actually… You play Spore don’t you?  Do you have the online stuff active?  I got a copy over the weekend and am probably going to start it soonly.

I have it all installed, I’ve never done the on-line but I’m not adverse to it. Let me know when you want to try it. You got my E-mail right?

Signature 

18 of 91