85 of 91
A New Hope
Posted: 14 January 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1261 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1011
Joined  2007-04-08
Harry Dresden - 14 January 2013 10:50 AM

Meh, I’m shopping again. Stupid $1.99 items. Stupid shaders. Pimp My prop just looked so awesome I had to grab it. And all that 1950’s stuff. I’m staying away from the weekly PC rendering competition thread from now on. That’s what got me started!

Let me know what you think of Pimp my Prop.  I looked at the promos and thought the tiling was very small so there was a lot of repetition in the patterns.

The 1950s stuff is great, isn’t it?  Very flexible too.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 14 January 2013 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1262 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
BlumBlumShub - 14 January 2013 01:12 PM
Harry Dresden - 14 January 2013 10:50 AM

Meh, I’m shopping again. Stupid $1.99 items. Stupid shaders. Pimp My prop just looked so awesome I had to grab it. And all that 1950’s stuff. I’m staying away from the weekly PC rendering competition thread from now on. That’s what got me started!

Let me know what you think of Pimp my Prop.  I looked at the promos and thought the tiling was very small so there was a lot of repetition in the patterns.

The 1950s stuff is great, isn’t it?  Very flexible too.

You guys gonna make me look, and I’ve spent my 3D budget already this month.

Glad to see everyone is doing something. I’m still fiddling with my tutorial. I need to stop trying different PDF editors and just stick with what I have.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 January 2013 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1263 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7622
Joined  2006-03-19

I haven’t work on anything for the last 3 days, but I guess its time for me to start once I get caught up in the forums today.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 14 January 2013 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1264 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17

@Barry - Pimp My Prop is great. It has different tiling presets so you can choose how big or small tiles are. It won’t replace custom build environments but it’s very useful if you just want to throw a few things together and make them all look like part of a set. Or if you just want to set up two planes and pretend it’s a sidewalk. Lol.

@Jeff - You’ll love the 50’s stuff and Pimp My Prop. Think Silk Essence or Furify for buildings. Feel the power of the dark side. Mwhahaha. wink

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 14 January 2013 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1265 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Harry Dresden - 14 January 2013 02:15 PM

@Barry - Pimp My Prop is great. It has different tiling presets so you can choose how big or small tiles are. It won’t replace custom build environments but it’s very useful if you just want to throw a few things together and make them all look like part of a set. Or if you just want to set up two planes and pretend it’s a sidewalk. Lol.

@Jeff - You’ll love the 50’s stuff and Pimp My Prop. Think Silk Essence or Furify for buildings. Feel the power of the dark side. Mwhahaha. wink

I did get Pimp My Prop but never looked at the 50’s stuff. Those look like some everyday things I could really use. In cart now, what the heck. It’s only money.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 January 2013 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1266 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

Yeah, I must admit just the fact that it wasn’t bits of cotton held together with string for once made me grab it. And give me just plain old pants and shirts any day for male characters. Now I just need some proper john Travolta hair and I can re-create Grease! Lol.

Yeah yeah, I love Grease. Sue me.

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 14 January 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1267 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Harry Dresden - 14 January 2013 02:15 PM

FURRY BUILDINGS!!! YAY!!!

I might have a look at Pimp my Prop.  Especially since I’ve got some props that need pimping!

Signature 

Posted: 22 January 2013 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1268 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

It’s a poxy Star Wars inspired render, yay.

I don’t like it!

Image Attachments
Saber_Lights.png
 Signature 

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1269 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7494
Joined  2009-07-13

bored .................................

Image Attachments
Doc4.pngDoc4.pngDoc6.pngDoc7.pngDoc8.png
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1270 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

oh, I do like your render Barry,
she is very appropriately dressed for a deep space combat vixen too!  tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 23 January 2013 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1271 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
wendy♥catz - 22 January 2013 09:01 PM

she is very appropriately dressed for a deep space combat vixen too!  tongue rolleye

That’s the Guardian set by Mytilus.

I don’t even know why I don’t like it, I think I just wanted more excitement in the image.  I like the guy that’s flapping around in the background, he looks suitably worried, but the girl herself looks a bit too relaxed.

Signature 

Posted: 23 January 2013 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1272 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17
BlumBlumShub - 23 January 2013 02:18 AM
wendy♥catz - 22 January 2013 09:01 PM

That’s the Guardian set by Mytilus.

I don’t even know why I don’t like it, I think I just wanted more excitement in the image.  I like the guy that’s flapping around in the background, he looks suitably worried, but the girl herself looks a bit too relaxed.

Her pose is off. Imagine yourself with a big hunk of meat invading your personal space. The usual reflex would be to lean back at least.cheese

Signature 

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1273 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

she aint backing off!! got that piece o meat by the short and curlies!!

Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1274 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
wendy♥catz - 23 January 2013 10:19 AM

Actually that was the idea I was looking for but I don’t think I pulled it off.  I think Harry’s right, the pose is off, considering that hunk of meat is about to attack, she doesn’t look ready to either defend or counter.

Still, I haven’t done all that many renders all in all so I’m happy to at least notice these things :D

Signature 

Posted: 23 January 2013 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1275 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17
BlumBlumShub - 23 January 2013 10:55 AM
wendy♥catz - 23 January 2013 10:19 AM

Actually that was the idea I was looking for but I don’t think I pulled it off.  I think Harry’s right, the pose is off, considering that hunk of meat is about to attack, she doesn’t look ready to either defend or counter.

Still, I haven’t done all that many renders all in all so I’m happy to at least notice these things :D

Ah, but tis an easy thing to rectify mon ami. If it’s aggression you want just bend her body forward by a substantial number of degrees. Better yet, let her come face to face with her attacker with her weight resting on her front foot and her back foot enforcing her position. Ugh, now I’m gonna have to go do a quick mock up to explain coz it’s not making much sense.

Okay, this is sort of what I mean. My insta posing skills are far from good but I hope you get the gist of what I mean. wink

Image Attachments
pose.jpg
 Signature 

85 of 91