Digital Art Zone

69 of 91
A New Hope
Posted: 20 November 2012 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1021 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7951
Joined  2009-07-13

the second one with the shadows looks very good Jerrican, maybe a bit of postworked shadow for the first one too!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 20 November 2012 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1022 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1015
Joined  2007-04-08
wendy♥catz - 20 November 2012 01:00 AM

the second one with the shadows looks very good Jerrican, maybe a bit of postworked shadow for the first one too!

I am not sure I agree with Wendy about the first one.  The light is obviously coming from in front of the bot, so the shadows appear accurate to me.  But something doesn’t look quite right.  I know it’s an object on a pre-rendered background, but that’s exactly what it looks like.  Maybe try to add some motion blur or depth of field to the background?  It’s quite a hard call on this one.

Definitely not a bad render though.

Actually, it might be worth trying to render something on the ground on the first image, and using post-worked shadows on that object, just so you get some idea of distance and perspective.

Sorry if that sounds very critical.  I actually like the renders!

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 21 November 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1023 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

Feeling really debuffed today, after yesterday’s trip to hospital (just a big checkup, nothing serious) and the virus I’ve got, I can hardly concentrate on anything.

Going to experiment with 3D though, seems like a good excuse to play!  And it’s not like I’ve got no toys to play with is it?

Signature 

Posted: 21 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1024 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1940
Joined  2011-07-31

You have more toys than time, so get busy playing and learning.  Have a good day and get over that virus.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1025 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2012-09-27

Thanks for the tips - here is a quick and dirty update to the image, trying out some of the advice.  Not sure how to work with depth of field yet, though.  Hope you like it. smile

And I hope you get to feeling better soon. smile

Image Attachments
aaaa1q112525hyhy.jpg

Posted: 21 November 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1026 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7951
Joined  2009-07-13

looking good, is that dust?, very cool.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 21 November 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1027 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Yes looking very good to me jerriecan, I hope to see this project when it’s finished.

Now, for something For me, About me, and yes, it made me very HAPPY to be able to post this. I now own the FULL AniMate2 and four sets of M4 Aniblocks to go with it. Happy Dance Time!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1028 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
AtticAnne - 21 November 2012 10:20 AM

You have more toys than time, so get busy playing and learning.  Have a good day and get over that virus.

Yeah this virus is kicking the lego out of me, I’ve got nearly no feeling in my left hand.  Apparently it’s because the virus attacks nerves in the neck, which makes that sore too.  It’s not nice, I don’t want it.

Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1029 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
jerriecan - 21 November 2012 01:12 PM

Thanks for the tips - here is a quick and dirty update to the image, trying out some of the advice.  Not sure how to work with depth of field yet, though.  Hope you like it. smile

And I hope you get to feeling better soon. smile

That looks SO much better, with the shadows and such, well done mate.  And I love the dust too.

Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1030 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
Jaderail - 21 November 2012 11:21 PM

Yes looking very good to me jerriecan, I hope to see this project when it’s finished.

Now, for something For me, About me, and yes, it made me very HAPPY to be able to post this. I now own the FULL AniMate2 and four sets of M4 Aniblocks to go with it. Happy Dance Time!

Congratulations, Jaderail.  Wendy got you hook, line, and sinker into animation.  What’s next?  Maybe it starts with a “C.”  Expansion of knowledge is a good thing.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 22 November 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1031 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31
BlumBlumShub - 22 November 2012 01:25 AM

Yeah this virus is kicking the lego out of me, I’ve got nearly no feeling in my left hand.  Apparently it’s because the virus attacks nerves in the neck, which makes that sore too.  It’s not nice, I don’t want it.

That is bad, BBS.  Might as well play while it runs it course.  I know a couple of people in the forums that you should give to, but not to me.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1032 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
AtticAnne - 22 November 2012 07:57 AM
BlumBlumShub - 22 November 2012 01:25 AM

That is bad, BBS.  Might as well play while it runs it course.  I know a couple of people in the forums that you should give to, but not to me.

Won’t give it to you, don’t worry.

Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1033 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

One thing I have learned lately is a massive amount of respect for the people that make the models on sale here.  It’s amazing how simple some of them are when they are deconstructed, and yet they look so great.

My own modelling is a bit of an up and down process, I do something, then I undo it to see if I can do it better, and I usually can so it’s worthwhile.  Then I find that I need to do some changes to something I did several steps previously and everything goes pear shaped!

But I am learning.  Lots.

Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1034 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-31

I guess most people have been out stuffing themselves with turkey and stuffing today. 

You have learned so much, Barry.  Thanks for letting me watch.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1035 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
AtticAnne - 22 November 2012 09:20 PM

I guess most people have been out stuffing themselves with turkey and stuffing today. 

You have learned so much, Barry.  Thanks for letting me watch.

Hehe, more than welcome.  Though I haven’t learned as quickly as I’d like.  It’s that cursed RealLife(tm) that’s getting in the way!

I think that virus has quite literally vanished overnight.  I’ve got feeling in both my hands again, my neck is feeling better and I’m not feeling at all woozy.  Fingers crossed, it’s just *poof* gone!

Today I am focusing on modelling, texturing and shading my elven style building.  I haven’t done much on it because I wanted to work on a pistol, but the pistol is becoming quite a large project, I want to do the insides of it as well (not all, just the ones visible during motion). 

But I promised someone a render and a render I will deliver :D

Signature 

69 of 91