Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Ultimo Paradiso Question
Posted: 16 September 2012 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

From what I can tell, it does not support instancing, is that correct?

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Not sure what you mean but I have the set and it is awesome, see here: http://cridgit.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d45zazt

There is a preload which loads everything but you can load the props separately too. I’ve managed to instance the plants and even the island itself.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Thanks Cridgit, that’s a beautiful render. Instancing the plants (or other props) is what I was referring to. Did you instance them in the plugin or separately in DS, ie… how did you do it?

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 16 September 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15258
Joined  2003-10-09

Do you mean Infinito? Ultimo Pardiso is content, it’s too old to use instances itself but there’s nothing to stop you reworking it to use them.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 September 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Thank you, yes I meant Infinito.  How would one rework it to use instancing?

On a related but separate thread, I was thinking Paradiso required Infinito, but it looks like it doesn’t, is that correct?

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

The Paradiso add-on looks great too. Do the sky domes effect lighting or are they purely textural? Would one combine these with UberEnvironment for lighting for instance?

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
Gedd - 16 September 2012 09:22 AM

Thanks Cridgit, that’s a beautiful render. Instancing the plants (or other props) is what I was referring to. Did you instance them in the plugin or separately in DS, ie… how did you do it?

Thank you. I instanced in DAZ Studio.

Gedd - 16 September 2012 12:10 PM

Thank you, yes I meant Infinito.  How would one rework it to use instancing?

On a related but separate thread, I was thinking Paradiso required Infinito, but it looks like it doesn’t, is that correct?

Ultimo Paradiso does NOT require Infinito - it was released about a year before Infinito was released. You can get Paradiso separately and instance in DS. Note that the set comes with 3 preloads for less/more vegetation.

Gedd - 16 September 2012 12:15 PM

The Paradiso add-on looks great too. Do the sky domes effect lighting or are they purely textural? Would one combine these with UberEnvironment for lighting for instance?

The skydomes is textural (with a few add-on options) and the set includes a lighting setup as well. Sorry I don’t know how to use UberEnvironment but I used the Reality IBL sphere for my render above (I didn’t use the included skydome).

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Well your image definitely sold me on Paradiso smile

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Ok, so I purchased the Ultimo Paradiso and I don’t understand the download. It has 12 parts… 6 are per OS so that’s ok.. but then there’s p1/p2 without a year and p1/p2 for 2010 and 2012… what is going on with that?

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  946
Joined  2003-10-09
Gedd - 16 September 2012 09:33 PM

Ok, so I purchased the Ultimo Paradiso and I don’t understand the download. It has 12 parts… 6 are per OS so that’s ok.. but then there’s p1/p2 without a year and p1/p2 for 2010 and 2012… what is going on with that?

I purchased the set earlier and I too was not sure what’s with all the files, but now that I see it in writing, I’m pretty sure it’s referencing installers for Poser Pro version 2010 or 2012.  I had installed the 2012 set in DS 4.5 thinking 2012 meant it was the most latest and I did have issues with the Camera’s not working when I selected them.  Also, when I loaded the bare island and then the full set of vegetation, my computer came to a screeching halt and I couldn’t move the view or do much of anything within DS.  Like I was low on memory.  Rebooted/reloaded and didn’t make a difference. I have 8 gigs of memory on Win8 64 bit OS.

I just uninstalled the 2012 installation and installed the first set of installers without the 2010/2012 and things are much improved.  The cameras are working and I can move the viewport now, though it’s not “snappy”.

The readme says:

You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
  “Cameras”
  “Environments:Landscape”
  “Lights:Exterior”
  “Materials:Landscape”
  “Utilities:Scripts”

but I dont see any DS files in the DAZ Studio Formats>My Library.  I will file a service ticket and see what DAZ’s says about the missing DS files.

Posted: 17 September 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1319
Joined  2009-10-27

Hi, Ultimo Paradiso installers have been updated just a few days ago with updated scripts for Poser Pro 2012.
Odd that this little modification might bring so many issues. Please open a support ticket, probably DAZ made an error producing the installers.
As a note, prior loading the full vegetation script (which loads a huge amount of geomtry) it’s advisable, in both Poser and Studio, to switch drawing mode to bunding boxes, so that the interface will be responsive.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 17 September 2012 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16
Lindsey - 16 September 2012 11:43 PM

The readme says:

You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
  “Cameras”
  “Environments:Landscape”
  “Lights:Exterior”
  “Materials:Landscape”
  “Utilities:Scripts”

but I dont see any DS files in the DAZ Studio Formats>My Library.  I will file a service ticket and see what DAZ’s says about the missing DS files.

Thanks, this helps.. I’m curious about that second part also.

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  946
Joined  2003-10-09
Alessandro_AM - 17 September 2012 02:40 AM

Hi, Ultimo Paradiso installers have been updated just a few days ago with updated scripts for Poser Pro 2012.
Odd that this little modification might bring so many issues. Please open a support ticket, probably DAZ made an error producing the installers.
As a note, prior loading the full vegetation script (which loads a huge amount of geomtry) it’s advisable, in both Poser and Studio, to switch drawing mode to bunding boxes, so that the interface will be responsive.

Thanks for chiming in, Alessandro.  Due to my ignorance in working with scenes with a huge (and I mean HUGE!) amounts of geometry with the fully loaded island vegetation, it didn’t occur to me to change the drawing mode to bounding boxes… and it made a HUGE difference in moving around within the viewport.

I’m notorious for not reading documentation if provided.  I’ve read through your manual and you do address issues that I’ve come across and the rendering tips are very helpful.  In particular I wasn’t aware of external 3D Delight rendering and will definately take a look at that thread mentioned in the manual. ( Here’s a updated link to the thread in the forum archive http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1744671 ).  I’ll also try Reality rendering with the setup instructions provided, thanks for including that in the manual.

As far as DS4 presets, I filed a service ticket to see if a DS installer was inadvertently excluded from the downloads.  In particular, I’d like to have optimized DS material presets if they are available.

Posted: 17 September 2012 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2011-05-17

A super shallow reason, but I can’get get over how silly the name sounds to buy it

Posted: 17 September 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Paradigm67 - 17 September 2012 12:47 PM

A super shallow reason, but I can’get get over how silly the name sounds to buy it

Meaning what exactly?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 17 September 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-27
Lindsey - 17 September 2012 12:35 PM
Alessandro_AM - 17 September 2012 02:40 AM

Thanks for chiming in, Alessandro.  Due to my ignorance in working with scenes with a huge (and I mean HUGE!) amounts of geometry with the fully loaded island vegetation, it didn’t occur to me to change the drawing mode to bounding boxes… and it made a HUGE difference in moving around within the viewport.

I’m notorious for not reading documentation if provided.  I’ve read through your manual and you do address issues that I’ve come across and the rendering tips are very helpful.  In particular I wasn’t aware of external 3D Delight rendering and will definately take a look at that thread mentioned in the manual. ( Here’s a updated link to the thread in the forum archive http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1744671 ).  I’ll also try Reality rendering with the setup instructions provided, thanks for including that in the manual.

As far as DS4 presets, I filed a service ticket to see if a DS installer was inadvertently excluded from the downloads.  In particular, I’d like to have optimized DS material presets if they are available.

Hi Lindsey, yes indeed switching to bounding boxes is good “common practice” to use with huge scenes. I remember at the time I developed UP I had bounding boxes on all the time, so that I could easily pan and rotate the camera, position it where I wanted and finally hit the render button.
About the “deferred” render, that’s something that really a few use but is a very powerful feature that allows to avoid potential crashes upon rendering within Studio.

I don’t understand what’s the exact nature of the issue with latest UP version. I mean, every prop has an associated .dsa file that will load automatically within the prop and set the materials. So what’s going wrong exactly? Can you make an example?

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

1 of 4