Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
InaneGlory’s Photo Studio 3 and PA Sale[Commercial]
Posted: 16 September 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2007-03-10

I really like this light set….so many adjustments and backgrounds too!!

Image Attachments
ZipSpeedy.jpg

Posted: 16 September 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3302
Joined  2007-06-22

One more

Image Attachments
spot-and-broad2.jpg

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2005-06-23
Gedd - 16 September 2012 08:47 AM

Do these work with the UberLightKit Controller and/or UberEnvironment? Also, how well do they work swapping/adding UberSpot/UberPoint, or do these have all of the features such as falloff/gobo/barndoors that those lights have?

And yes beautiful renders, both promos and Scorpio’s

All of the Photo Studio Lights will work with UberSoft Lighting or UberEnvironment. You can get very nice results if you set the UbE to Bounce or Indirect Lighting (but these require a big strong, fast render machine and will greatly increase render times).

No, you can’t swap out for UberSpots or UberPoints. I’m sure you could turn off the mesh light and parent the UberSpot if you really wanted to but the quality of light created by the mesh lights is very different from an UberSpot. You could UberSpots/Points to a scene with Photo Studio Lights. The Area Light Shader supports falloff, the Gel Light (only) supports gobos. None have built in barndoors but any plane put in front of/to the side of one of the mesh lights will do the job quite nicely smile

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/inaneglory

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
Knight22179 - 16 September 2012 10:35 AM

Bought them! How will I know when the beta will be released that fixes the lights? I know InaneGlory said later this week but will I recieve some kind of notice or something?

I don’t know if they will notify anyone about it but as soon as I know its released I’m sure I’ll be going out of my way to lets as many people know how it get it. Plus, then I finally get to upgrade to 4.5 too smile I really wanted to re-render the feather dancer with April’s new feather hair but I can’t get them together in the same scene quite yet.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
scorpio64dragon - 16 September 2012 10:12 AM

These lights are worth getting even if you have to wait a few days to use them.

Love the emotion in these

Edit: kind of sucks the original pictures get lost in the reply’s

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
pete.c44 - 16 September 2012 01:38 PM

Very cool!

Who’s the little robot guy?

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23

Looks like the part of the features list that talks about the compatibility between the 3 sets of Photo Studio Lights didn’t make it into the final version of the page. The features list should have this at the bottom:

Fully compatible with Photo Studio and Photo Studio 2 light and presets

All poses and presets for set X1 will work with the light sets from Photo Studio 1

All poses and presets from Photo Studio 1 will work on set X1

All poses and presets for set X2 will work with the Twin Key light sets from Photo Studio 2

All poses and presets from the Twin Key light sets from Photo Studio 2 will work on set X2

All poses and presets for set X3 will work with the Twin Fill light sets from Photo Studio 2

All poses and presets from the Twin Fill light sets from Photo Studio 2 will work on set X3

All of the textures from each of the 3 Photo studio sets will work on each of the 3 background props

Built in DS3.1.2.24

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-10
InaneGlory - 16 September 2012 03:19 PM
pete.c44 - 16 September 2012 01:38 PM

Very cool!

Who’s the little robot guy?

Why that’s “Zip Speedy”.

Posted: 16 September 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
InaneGlory - 16 September 2012 03:04 PM

...the quality of light created by the mesh lights is very different from an UberSpot…

By very different I take it you mean you don’t find the UberSpot works as well as the mesh light? Does the mesh light allow adjusting falloff the same as the US/UP?

Also, the reason I was asking about the UberSoft Light Kit is that it supposedly manages all of the shadows of all of the lights and in doing so cuts down on render time. Is this redundant to features in Photo Studio 3? Also, Photo Studio 3 you said you could move the lights, swap them out etc.. so I guess I’m wondering if the UberSoft Light Kit is beneficial or redundant.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 16 September 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-10

I used a light dose of Interjection on this.Absolutely no post work.

Image Attachments
Model.png

Posted: 16 September 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
Gedd - 16 September 2012 04:58 PM
InaneGlory - 16 September 2012 03:04 PM

...the quality of light created by the mesh lights is very different from an UberSpot…

By very different I take it you mean you don’t find the UberSpot works as well as the mesh light? Does the mesh light allow adjusting falloff the same as the US/UP?

Also, the reason I was asking about the UberSoft Light Kit is that it supposedly manages all of the shadows of all of the lights and in doing so cuts down on render time. Is this redundant to features in Photo Studio 3? Also, Photo Studio 3 you said you could move the lights, swap them out etc.. so I guess I’m wondering if the UberSoft Light Kit is beneficial or redundant.

Comparing the UberArea Light & UberSpot Light is like comparing apples and oranges. Yes, fall off is handled pretty much the same.

UberSoft only manages the shadows created by the special lights that come with the kit, not any regular DS lights or other Uber lights so it’s not going to speed things up by itself. But if you where to light up a large set (light Stonemason’s Backstreets with lots of UberSoft lights and then used PS3 lights to frame your subject it would probably help speed up your render times.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/inaneglory-simple-soft-lighting
This set was designed to specifically around the UberEnvironment/UberSpot or UberSoft Lighting

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  911
Joined  2007-06-13

Scorpio60dragon, fabulous renders as always. There is so much feeling in the on with the 2 mech women. The guy in the bathtub is just creepy. (Is that AntFarm’s kill zone set?) You are doing awesome work with the gel lights too. It is always a treat to see you pictures.

pete.c64, very fun pic with the Zip Speedy. Great skin on the lady in black. I’m glad you’re having a good time with all the settings and the backgrounds.

Thanks for the comments Knight22179, JimmyC_2009, reeylor, gingercakes47, and Gedd.

I’m loving all the renders. Thanks so mucb for sharing them and keep them comiing everyone.
More questions? Post them here and we’ll get back to you.

cheers!

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16
DestinysGarden - 16 September 2012 07:54 PM

The guy in the bathtube is just creepy. cheers!

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  911
Joined  2007-06-13

Good reference pic Gedd. Now get me a render of it for full points. wink

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-16

Scorpio already did it for you wink

Signature 

2 of 6