Digital Art Zone

5 of 11
David and Horo I need your help sorting my cart
Posted: 24 September 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1597
Joined  2011-09-25

The Bryce Mentoring DVD I ordered arrived today, 9-24-12.  Not to bad considering the number of way stops needed to refresh the horses. LOL

On a note as to the shipping charges, the Pitney Bowes stamp says $001.640.  A rather fancy way of saying $1.64.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 24 September 2012 03:01 PM

The Bryce Mentoring DVD I ordered arrived today, 9-24-12.  Not to bad considering the number of way stops needed to refresh the horses. LOL

On a note as to the shipping charges, the Pitney Bowes stamp says $001.640.  A rather fancy way of saying $1.64.

Same here, mine also arrived today and it also had the $1.64 stamp even though I think we live in different states based on you saying the shipping charge they hit you with was $2 less then what they hit me with.

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 23 September 2012 12:51 PM

If someone would clarify something for me I’d appreciate it.  Going by the past few posts, the shipping fee Mark and I paid is not the correct price, that there should have been another option for shipping?  Is that correct?

Again, going by the last few posts, I can get in touch with zendesk(?) to make adjustments in the shipping price?  Would someone mind drawing the direction signs nice and big as to where/how this is done?  On Amazon I’d know how to do it, but I’ve never done it with anything purchased from DAZ.

Mark:  Being out in the middle of the boonies, which is itself in the middle of the boonies, it isn’t uncommon for us to wait while the horses take a break somewhere along the trail between us and shipper.  And as the Mentoring DVD is coming from Utah, more than likely they had to switch from mules to horses after getting past the Continental Divide. wink

Depending where items are shipped from, it isn’t uncommon for us to see a week or more pass before an order arrives.  So we’ve learned when it gets here it will get here, and just be patient.  Though, had I not follow this thread I wouldn’t have know there was an error in the shipping price.

I’m fine with things taking a while and I wouldn’t have even commented on the length of time except for the fact that I ordered something heavier and bigger, a day later then I ordered the DVD and it shipped from a state further away from me then Utah and got here earlier. Now I’m not saying that Daz has to speed up there process but, at least for me, that would engender more customer satisfaction then a refund on an overpriced shipping charge.

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Mark:  You have to remember, we are dealing with the mechanized pony express here.  They’ve cut back on personal, and likely, services is some areas.  So something that would have passed through a place the same day it arrived, a few years ago, it now may sit overnight until business the next day.

UPS and Fed-X don’t seem to suffer from this.  Except for the weekends around our area, something traveling by way of either carrier does seem to arrive sooner.  It may be because these two specialize in this type of shipping.  And as we were told, most of the items DAZ sells is downloaded.

Hopefully, you and I are test cases which help get the system fixed.  And if not, there are sure to be more tickets opened for adjustments.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 24 September 2012 04:04 PM

@Mark:  You have to remember, we are dealing with the mechanized pony express here.  They’ve cut back on personal, and likely, services is some areas.  So something that would have passed through a place the same day it arrived, a few years ago, it now may sit overnight until business the next day.

UPS and Fed-X don’t seem to suffer from this.  Except for the weekends around our area, something traveling by way of either carrier does seem to arrive sooner.  It may be because these two specialize in this type of shipping.  And as we were told, most of the items DAZ sells is downloaded.

Hopefully, you and I are test cases which help get the system fixed.  And if not, there are sure to be more tickets opened for adjustments.

Yeah except the company that shipped from further away and a day later but got here three days earlier also unded up using the same shipping service of PSPS, I thought they were using UPS but that was a misreading on my part. So if the problem was the USPS then it should have affected both companies the same. Also I’ve been dealing with Daz for over 10 years and have bout several items that came on DVD. The store software may be new but Daz is not new to shipping.

Anyway lets not discuss this anymore, I think my blunt, non sugar coated point of view is making some people uncomfortable.

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@Mark:  Maybe you buy the wrong brand of sugar.  grin  There are times, though, that it’s necessary to say how it is, without all the preamble.  But yeah, I’ll agree to let things lie.  I think we’ve made our views known.

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 24 September 2012 04:17 PM

@Mark:  Maybe you buy the wrong brand of sugar.  grin  There are times, though, that it’s necessary to say how it is, without all the preamble.  But yeah, I’ll agree to let things lie.  I think we’ve made our views known.

Well I’ll say this because it’s not really about Daz or the shipping issue but rather the 3D world in general. Actually not the entire 3D world but alot of the individuals in it, especially those who buy alot of stuff. I’ve noticed that a majority of folks seem perfectly content to put up with all sorts of things and not be critical for fear of pissing of companies and vendors. I have a problem with this because if someone gives you a crap sandwich (and no I’m not saying that’s what Daz did I’m just making an example) and you smile and say “Oh gee, thank you very much” Then where is the incentive for the seller to do better, to make their sandwhiches less crappy? If you’ll gladly accept crap and not complain then why should the people you’re dealing with give you anything better in the future? That’s why I speak bluntly about things relating to purchases. If a company does things right I’ll be the first to step up and say so but if they do wrong then I’ll step up and say that too. That’s how things get better.

Posted: 25 September 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3654
Joined  2004-10-01

@LordHardDriven and @GussNemo - very glad to hear that you finally got your merchandise and at a postage that is not astronomically high.

It probably took so long because the postman has watched the DVD first smile

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 25 September 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25
Horo - 25 September 2012 05:08 AM

@LordHardDriven and @GussNemo - very glad to hear that you finally got your merchandise and at a postage that is not astronomically high.

After seeing the work you and David do, it’s not surprising.  Wonder if we’ll see any renders?

@Mark:  I agree.  It isn’t out of line for customers to express their displeasure if they find something that doesn’t leave them with a pleasant experience.  This doesn’t mean it has to be an adversarial encounter, but one that provides useful information to the business.

Going in like a bull in a china shop does nothing but further enrage a riled customer and put the business on the defensive.  Contact should be polite, as polite as possible, no one should be personally attacked, corporate could have set the policy, and as much information given as possible.  It’s hard to go this route, but in many cases things are resolved much quicker. 

Signature 

Posted: 27 September 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 25 September 2012 05:08 AM

Well the actual postage was not astronomically high but comparatively speaking what I paid for it was because while I followed suggestions and encouragements to do so I did file a “ticket” with zendesk several days ago like GussNemo did and I have yet to hear anything back and I’m not finding anyway to check on the status of said “ticket”. Since GussNemo also filed one and said he’d report on the results once there were any but to date he hasn’t reported anything more, I’ll have to conclude he has not heard back either?

Posted: 27 September 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16353
Joined  2003-10-09

There is a bit of a log jam in Customer Support at the moment, for various reasons.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 September 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

Still patiently waiting.  No sense rocking the rocking horse that fast.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2643
Joined  2004-07-06
GussNemo - 27 September 2012 07:56 PM

Still patiently waiting.  No sense rocking the rocking horse that fast.

An opportunity for one of my favourite quotes,

“Retribution” is a short poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:

Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience he stands waiting,
With exactness grinds he all.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 28 September 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  Longfellow certainly got that right.

Well, an update on the excess shipping charges.

I did receive an e-mail from DAZ telling me they gave me a refund as a credit to my account.  I had started to let everyone know this when I suddenly had a few questions and reread the e-mail.

Seems the credit went into my DAZ account as Store Credit.  Hmmm…not how other sites have handled the matter.  When I saw how much I was given as Store Credit another bell went off.  I know what I was charged for shipping, I know what DAZ was charged to ship the DVD because it is stamped on the mailing envelope, and I saw what I was given as Store Credit.  Something didn’t add up.

Getting out my trusty prehistoric calculating tools I discovered there’s a bit of US currency unaccounted for.  So I followed the link in the e-mail to the help desk and left another message concerning this unaccounted money, and how the refund was given.

Now I’ll just let Longfellow run through my thoughts.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 28 September 2012 10:42 AM

@David:  Longfellow certainly got that right.

Well, an update on the excess shipping charges.

I did receive an e-mail from DAZ telling me they gave me a refund as a credit to my account.  I had started to let everyone know this when I suddenly had a few questions and reread the e-mail.

Seems the credit went into my DAZ account as Store Credit.  Hmmm…not how other sites have handled the matter.  When I saw how much I was given as Store Credit another bell went off.  I know what I was charged for shipping, I know what DAZ was charged to ship the DVD because it is stamped on the mailing envelope, and I saw what I was given as Store Credit.  Something didn’t add up.

Getting out my trusty prehistoric calculating tools I discovered there’s a bit of US currency unaccounted for.  So I followed the link in the e-mail to the help desk and left another message concerning this unaccounted money, and how the refund was given.

Now I’ll just let Longfellow run through my thoughts.

Well my guess is they’re still trying to charge a handling fee as in “shipping and handling” however handling is a bogus fee, there is no handling charge the post office or UPS or FedEx adds on to things, it’s a pure markup for the seller. The problem with handling fees for a company that does such a small amount of shipping is it’s not really justified. It’s not really justified for any company because there is no value being added, the cost of employees and shipping materials and any other imaginable expense in shipping an item should be covered in a company’s operational overhead. It looks especially bad in this case because the shipping was done in the least frills manner possible. No packaging for the disk, just a plastic case the size and shape of the disk stuck in the smallest envelope that could contain it. No special shipping/packing material to add additional protection from improper handling during delivery. So where’s the justification for the handling fee? Larger companies might at least be able to point to things like bubble wrap or shipping peanuts arguing it can’t be factored in as overhead because it varies with each order and it’s not far to average it out over all customers because not all customers require as much due to varying sizes of orders. Again though with as few items as Daz ships this doesn’t really apply to them.

This is exactly why I was trying to avoid going ahead and treating it as a private individual problem thru zendesk. Because I knew, just like every other company out there, Daz is more interested in keeping it’s handling fees for service that doesn’t deserve it then they are in customer satisfaction. The handling was they stuck it in an envelope and gave it to the postman. I’m guessing the handling fees or whatever is larger then the less then the $2.00 postage. To get that disk to me it had to travel 2200 miles and it cost about $1.60 to go international to get to Horo in Europe it cost a little more then twice that. Since Daz gets a 50% mark up on all vendor products that they didn’t have to do any additional work for they should be able to keep such small postage fees as being included in the price like David and Horo were told it was back when they first released it.

The store credit aspect though I fully expected that, not that it’s right, just that it’s not that uncommon for companies to do that. They already tricked you into spending more money then you were wanting to spend so why let it go, just force you to spend it on something else. This might be okay philosophy in a booming economy where everyone is doing well but in a sluggish economy where people are struggling to make ends meet keeping money a company was never entitled to but got accidentally shows absolutely no care or concern for the customers wants or needs let alone their satisfaction. I wonder how Daz would respond if their “Crazy shipping tools” not only overcharged for shipping but caused an over the limit fee?

5 of 11