Digital Art Zone

3 of 11
David and Horo I need your help sorting my cart
Posted: 18 September 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

@Horo: After the order is placed you are given the option of how to pay.  Then you are presented with, I believe, 4 different options for shipment.  Ground, least expensive,  3-5 day, next expensive, 2-3 day, more expensive, and next day, most expensive; $54 US for me.  I don’t ever use the quickest way to get an order shipped because it isn’t something I needed last week, two days ago last year.

I have dealt with some sites that don’t charge S&H if the order is over a certain amount.  Be nice if that was used at DAZ.

Oh, and David, I’ll e-mail you as soon as my DVD arrives.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3823
Joined  2004-10-01

Thank you LordHardDriven and GussNemo. Shipping used to be free and it was also advertised as such in the forum. The old one.

I’ll check when I get home what stamp I have on the envelope in which the DVD came to Switzerland at the time. The price options offered seem extreme to me.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 19 September 2012 12:32 AM

Thank you LordHardDriven and GussNemo. Shipping used to be free and it was also advertised as such in the forum. The old one.

I’ll check when I get home what stamp I have on the envelope in which the DVD came to Switzerland at the time. The price options offered seem extreme to me.

Well like I said, they might include the lowest level of shipping at full price but then added it in as a secondary charge because the sale takes too much of the profit away. Plus the cheapest option isn’t the same for everyone, like GussNemo said his was around $12 plus change where as mine was $13 plus change. That’s why it’s even more puzzling that Daz doesn’t use the US Postal Service’s flat rate option. The sales pitch is that “if it fits, it ships, up to 75lbs, anywhere, for one low flat rate” and I already know from experience the size and weight of a dvd would end up being around $5 using the appropriate sized flat rate box. That’s the only realistic way I could see Daz offering shipping included in the price.

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

I’ve sent me an email home with the link of this page so I won’t forget to look at the stamp when I get home in 8 hours or so. Stay tuned.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 19 September 2012 12:49 AM

I’ve sent me an email home with the link of this page so I won’t forget to look at the stamp when I get home in 8 hours or so. Stay tuned.

Well you being outside the US would be subject to international rates and so whatever shipping cost on yours might not be relevent in comparrisson to someone like me within the same country as Daz?

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
LordHardDriven - 19 September 2012 01:00 AM

Well you being outside the US would be subject to international rates and so whatever shipping cost on yours might not be relevent in comparrisson to someone like me within the same country as Daz?

Right, but postage within the US shouldn’t be higher than sending it abroad.

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 19 September 2012 01:22 AM
LordHardDriven - 19 September 2012 01:00 AM

Right, but postage within the US shouldn’t be higher than sending it abroad.

Depends on what methods were used. I’m thinking in your case they may have in fact sent it via regular mail rather then something like FedEx, UPS or DHL. Whereas the options given to people here in the states look to be just UPS and FedEx. Also did you get that as a customer or as a vendor? If it was sent to you as a vendor just so you can see how they packaged your product then they probably wouldn’t tack on a handling fee and they’d be more motivated to find the most cost effective method to send it especially if it was on their dime.

Posted: 19 September 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

Here’s the stamp on the envelope for the DVD. I don’t remember how long it took, perhaps two weeks or more.

Image Attachments
stamp.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2007-10-08

The shipping tool we are using is not the best. So please place your order, then open a zendesk ticket for Sales Support > Britney, will work with you to lower the cost of shipping the product. Sorry about the crazy tools we are using right now.

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 19 September 2012 10:25 AM

Here’s the stamp on the envelope for the DVD. I don’t remember how long it took, perhaps two weeks or more.

Yeah that looks like it went thru regular mail as I suspected. I’m kind of used to the rates charged these days for other shipping and what Daz charged isn’t really out of line with that. They did give me choices and if I had a big issue with it I always could have backed out of the sale. It’s not like they led me to believe the price was one thing and then hit me with a different price. Like I said before the only real gripe I have is no way of tracking the order other then going to the help desk. So for now I’ll wait a reasonable time frame (a week) and then if it still hasn’t shown I’ll go to the help desk.

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@Blaine - Thank you for the clarification, very much appreciated. I found it a bit confusing and hard to believe.

Signature 

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_bfurner - 19 September 2012 12:21 PM

The shipping tool we are using is not the best. So please place your order, then open a zendesk ticket for Sales Support > Britney, will work with you to lower the cost of shipping the product. Sorry about the crazy tools we are using right now.

Thanks and that’s generous of you to offer but see above. If Daz really didn’t mean to charge that much then perhaps I will pursue some sort of partial refund but really I’d like to think that Daz isn’t filling orders that have to be shipped using a shipping tool that overcharges. I prefer to think your offer is just born out of a desire to try to keep people happy and not because of something charging more then Daz intended. If it is I’d advise against expressing that idea or you’ll overload the zendesk with people wanting refunds on shipping costs even if they were okay with the price of shipping.

Posted: 20 September 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2011-09-25

Out of curiosity, what’s the origin of the DVD shipment?  If it’s outside the US that could be the reason I saw such a high price for the lowest rate for one item.  I’ve paid these prices before, but I’ve had multiple items in the order.

And knowing how to get lower shipping rates after an order is placed is a bit like closing the barn door after the horse is out.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 20 September 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
GussNemo - 20 September 2012 12:33 AM

Out of curiosity, what’s the origin of the DVD shipment?  If it’s outside the US that could be the reason I saw such a high price for the lowest rate for one item.  I’ve paid these prices before, but I’ve had multiple items in the order.

And knowing how to get lower shipping rates after an order is placed is a bit like closing the barn door after the horse is out.

At least in my case it was Utah (see ZIP) and I don’t see a reason that changed.

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17032
Joined  2003-10-09
GussNemo - 20 September 2012 12:33 AM

Well they had to know that the horse had bolted first. Be fair. DAZ 3D doesn’t actually ship many physical items, so possibly hadn’t realised that there was a problem till it was pointed out. rolleyes

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

3 of 11