Digital Art Zone

9 of 11
David and Horo I need your help sorting my cart
Posted: 19 November 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3828
Joined  2004-10-01

@markhendy - oh I was sure it was a typo. Just was a bit in the smart mood. Doesn’t DAZ recommend not using a download manager? On the old site, it was clearly stated. I’ve never used used one.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 19 November 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 17 November 2012 03:08 PM

WE have been told that when the Proposed Download/Install manager, or whatever it is called, comes into being, it will be able to check for updates, if you choose to use it.

BTW there are a couple of threads where users have been keeping check of updated products.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3885/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2602/

Okay well thanks although given the statement “when the Proposed Download/Install manager, or whatever it is called, comes into being, it will be able to check for updates” I get the feeling that’s in the realm of Daz time? Which could ultimately be months or years. Still this is the first time I’ve heard any mentioning of that. Had I heard that there was such a manager in the works I would have perhaps been a bit more patient. Till now thaough all I’ve heard is “Daz is aware of the problem”.

Still though rather then propose a solution that has to be developed and could take a long time, if they even ever get it to work, why not just bring back the old forum? If it’s because daz is too poor to pay someone to update such a forum I’d be willing to volunteer to do it if Daz could provide me with the info of what products have been updated. Then again if they could take the time to email a volunteer such info they could just as easily update the forum itself, if they would just bring the updates forum back. I just really don’t understand why daz is making it so difficult for customers to know for sure if a product has been updated or not. Hell if they could just add the few lines of text to the product page that indicates how many files for a given product and what the total file size is of those files. I could go thru and compare what I have with what it’s supposed to currently be, like I used to do back before they made a products update forum. I mean I just don’t get where there is any real benefit to Daz for keeping their customers in the dark like that. All of their competitors indicate how many files and what the current sizes are. It’s not that complicated a thing to do.

Posted: 19 November 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 19 November 2012 01:44 PM

@markhendy - oh I was sure it was a typo. Just was a bit in the smart mood. Doesn’t DAZ recommend not using a download manager? On the old site, it was clearly stated. I’ve never used used one.

You are correct, I forgot that, which kind of makes thier proposed solution to update issues rather unusual.

Posted: 27 November 2012 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2691
Joined  2004-07-06
David Brinnen - 17 November 2012 02:17 AM

Just to let you know I’ve contacted my goto guy at DAZ 3D, Paul Haber, to see if this is possible to have the Bryce Mentoring DVD as a download.  I will let you know what the answer is when one is forth coming.  Paul is a jolly good fellow and helped me out in the past, so I expect we will be able to get a straight answer one way or the other.  I can’t promise it will be the answer you want.  But at least we will have an answer.

Still waiting on an answer to this, just to say, I’ve sent an email requesting an update.  The “trick”, as I understand it, is to get hold of Kevin.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2010-12-21
David Brinnen - 27 November 2012 05:45 AM
David Brinnen - 17 November 2012 02:17 AM

Just to let you know I’ve contacted my goto guy at DAZ 3D, Paul Haber, to see if this is possible to have the Bryce Mentoring DVD as a download.  I will let you know what the answer is when one is forth coming.  Paul is a jolly good fellow and helped me out in the past, so I expect we will be able to get a straight answer one way or the other.  I can’t promise it will be the answer you want.  But at least we will have an answer.

Still waiting on an answer to this, just to say, I’ve sent an email requesting an update.  The “trick”, as I understand it, is to get hold of Kevin.

Thank you, David.

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Another update.

Good news everyone…

OK, making the DVD available for download should be possible - I have received word from DAZ 3D towers - but I don’t know what the time scale is.  I have to prepare some files and things.  I’ll get on with that the moment I have a day in the office and get the ball rolling.  And I’ll keep you posted.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-21
David Brinnen - 29 November 2012 03:15 AM

Another update.

Good news everyone…

OK, making the DVD available for download should be possible - I have received word from DAZ 3D towers - but I don’t know what the time scale is.  I have to prepare some files and things.  I’ll get on with that the moment I have a day in the office and get the ball rolling.  And I’ll keep you posted.

Absolutely fantastic news!!!!  I’m very pleased for you, David and for all the customers who have put off buying due to the shipping charges (including me LOL).  Wicked.  I think I shall have a coffee now :D

Posted: 29 November 2012 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Another update.

Good news everyone…

So does this mean I’ll be able to get the rest of my shipping fee refunded? smile Just kidding. Yeah in this day and age where so many have T-1 or greater speed with their internet connection and DVD burners are so cheap they’ve become almost a default computer part it make perfectly good sense to just let people have the option of downloading the image file of the DVD and burn it themselves. Although the shipping option should be maintained since not everyone has great connection speeds or a dvd burner.

Posted: 29 November 2012 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
LordHardDriven - 29 November 2012 05:21 AM

Another update.

Good news everyone…

So does this mean I’ll be able to get the rest of my shipping fee refunded? smile Just kidding. Yeah in this day and age where so many have T-1 or greater speed with their internet connection and DVD burners are so cheap they’ve become almost a default computer part it make perfectly good sense to just let people have the option of downloading the image file of the DVD and burn it themselves. Although the shipping option should be maintained since not everyone has great connection speeds or a dvd burner.

Yes well precisely, there have been quite a few objections to the video tutorials on the basis that some folks don’t have a sufficiently swift internet connection to take advantage of them.  So, I feel that to cater to everyone, is the best option.

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Further update.  OK I’ve uploaded the product into the system and it is assigned to Kevin.  So far so good…

Signature 

Posted: 08 December 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-21
David Brinnen - 29 November 2012 08:13 AM

Further update.  OK I’ve uploaded the product into the system and it is assigned to Kevin.  So far so good…

Any news yet on when this will hit the store?

Posted: 08 December 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
markhendy - 08 December 2012 06:50 AM
David Brinnen - 29 November 2012 08:13 AM

Any news yet on when this will hit the store?

There appears to be some confusion at DAZ towers at the moment.  I was asked to send them the files and had to remind them that they already have the files, have already tested the files and indeed have already published the product - in one form.  I’ve yet to receive a response to my last email.  That was posted on the 7th.  I’m not certain, but I don’t believe DAZ 3D works weekends.  So I don’t anticipate I will know more until at the very earliest Monday.

Signature 

Posted: 08 December 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-21

Thank you, David.

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Confusion? At Daz? No way, you must have them mixed up with someone else? smile As for weekends, I think they sometimes have people there but I believe the ones that are sometimes there on the weekend have skills limited to posting sales item of the day and stuff like that?

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3828
Joined  2004-10-01

Fact is, I had sent them the Gold Master DVD by mail on 22.08.2011. The volume name wasn’t even changed. It still reads Gold Master.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

9 of 11