Digital Art Zone

Two questions for Hexagon. Domes and Grid adjustment
Posted: 15 September 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  748
Joined  2011-05-17

Question 1: Is there a way I can make the reference grid bigger? I am trying to make something about 50’ wide and do not want to have to deal with figuring out scaling issues later on. I’d rather just make it 1:1. Is there a way to increase the reference grid’s size to accommodate that? Currently the Sphere I have is just engulfing it at that size.

Question 2: How do I make a dome? Is there a way to cut up a sphere? I guess the real question is how do I cut objects.

Posted: 16 September 2012 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6439
Joined  2005-08-15
Paradigm67 - 15 September 2012 08:35 PM

Question 1: Is there a way I can make the reference grid bigger? I am trying to make something about 50’ wide and do not want to have to deal with figuring out scaling issues later on. I’d rather just make it 1:1. Is there a way to increase the reference grid’s size to accommodate that? Currently the Sphere I have is just engulfing it at that size.

Question 2: How do I make a dome? Is there a way to cut up a sphere? I guess the real question is how do I cut objects.

You cannot resize any of the grid planes in Hexagon, but there is nothing to stop you from using a Plane Primitive, and adding a texture to it.  It can then be any size and ratio that you need.

To cut a sphere in half, select all the faces on one half and delete them.  There are several kinds of spheres in Hex taht you can use, then scale them up to a size that is useful to you, or send via the bridge to DS4P.

Posted: 17 September 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2003-10-23

“You cannot resize any of the grid planes in Hexagon,”

Please look at user prefs, UI, grid   and adjust as you see fit for your use

Posted: 17 September 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1317
Joined  2008-01-01

You can also adjust the units you want to use under properties.

Posted: 18 September 2012 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6439
Joined  2005-08-15
Roygee - 17 September 2012 11:18 PM

You can also adjust the units you want to use under properties.

I had forgotten about that, thanks.