Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Where can I find free Bryce stuff
Posted: 15 September 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2011-10-27

I have spent hours looking on the internet for bryce stuff to add in to Bryce but I keep getting false links and stuff

Are there any docs with Bryce stuff links out there?

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15679
Joined  2003-10-09

Well there are some links in the old forum archive here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewforum.php?f=49

You could also go to renderossity freestuff and search under Bryce.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=2

ShareCg also have quite a bit of Bryce stuff, but it is not quite so easy to get a search working there.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 September 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

In one of your other threads, you were given a link to a cabin/house….the person who posted that item one ShareCG has a large number of items available.  Click on the Gallery link under his name (on ShareCG) and you’ll get pages and pages of stuff…most of it being for Bryce.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 16 September 2012 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3482
Joined  2004-10-01

@tdrd - you don’t have to look specific for Bryce content. Bryce can import a lot of different models, you can also use SketchUp stuff from the Google Warehouse.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 16 September 2012 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2570
Joined  2004-07-06

Don’t forget the materials exchange at www.bryce5.com

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2005-11-18

All excellent suggestions, another one I would highly recommend is the site of Thandaluz—Brycetopia just click on free stuff and you can download all of the objects, materials & skies he uses for his amazing renders.  It can also be found in the renderosity free section, but going directly to his site is easier.

Also don’t forget that bryce can use any model in obj/mtl or even 3ds format directly so that opens up TONS of other options for you, and with PoseRay you can even convert several other formats for bryce to use as well including lightwave.

Posted: 16 September 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

And bearing in mind the fact that you can indeed use other content, we do try and keep some sort of records of freebie offerings over in the General Freepository.

List of Freebie Websites

Lists of specific Freebies

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

Even with all of the above options, let us not forget the Daz Studio <—> Bryce bridge which opens up even more content to be used in your scenes!  Don’t have D|S?  Might as well grab it since the latest Pro version is still free even if all you do is use it to bridge over content.

Bryce continues to be an amazing program.  I just wish Daz would finally get around to updating it to a full 64-bit program, but I am sure there are a lot of technical issues making that a difficult prospect.

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
GreyMouser69 - 16 September 2012 09:06 AM

Even with all of the above options, let us not forget the Daz Studio <—> Bryce bridge which opens up even more content to be used in your scenes!  Don’t have D|S?  Might as well grab it since the latest Pro version is still free even if all you do is use it to bridge over content.

Bryce continues to be an amazing program.  I just wish Daz would finally get around to updating it to a full 64-bit program, but I am sure there are a lot of technical issues making that a difficult prospect.

Unfortunately, that seems to be true. But time will tell.

Excellent remark about Studio content. This is indeed a huge repository of content - not free, but fairly priced.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18

Fairly priced indeed!  I remember back when a single 3d model would cost you several hundred if not thousands.  Anyone remember Zygote models?  I started with Bryce3d which was IIRC the first version of bryce that was windows compatible.  I had seen lots of stuff done with bryce previously which made me very jealous of all the Mac users out there and I was thrilled when they finally decided to port it over to windows.

In fact, didn’t Bryce start out as a photoshop plug-in?  I seem to remember it being part of Kai’s stuff before it got separated into a stand alone app.

Posted: 16 September 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Bryce 2 was first one for PC. Bryce 3 (It moves) added animation.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
GreyMouser69 - 16 September 2012 07:55 AM

All excellent suggestions, another one I would highly recommend is the site of Thandaluz—Brycetopia just click on free stuff and you can download all of the objects, materials & skies he uses for his amazing renders.  It can also be found in the renderosity free section, but going directly to his site is easier.

Also don’t forget that bryce can use any model in obj/mtl or even 3ds format directly so that opens up TONS of other options for you, and with PoseRay you can even convert several other formats for bryce to use as well including lightwave.

Thanks for the link to Brycetopia but just so others know, a bunch of the free content links are broken, not all but maybe about a third of them are.

Posted: 16 September 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-11-18
LordHardDriven - 16 September 2012 10:44 AM

Thanks for the link to Brycetopia but just so others know, a bunch of the free content links are broken, not all but maybe about a third of them are.

Yes, sadly, over the years many things have disappeared from the internet but I guess that is to be expected.

Posted: 16 September 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
GreyMouser69 - 16 September 2012 10:57 AM
LordHardDriven - 16 September 2012 10:44 AM

Yes, sadly, over the years many things have disappeared from the internet but I guess that is to be expected.

Well all that’s really need to restore the site to it’s full glory is for the site owner/creator to fix the broken links. I mean it all looks to be his creation so it should just be a matter of reuploading the broken items and updating the links if necessay.

Posted: 16 September 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
LordHardDriven - 16 September 2012 11:01 AM

Well all that’s really need to restore the site to it’s full glory is for the site owner/creator to fix the broken links. I mean it all looks to be his creation so it should just be a matter of reuploading the broken items and updating the links if necessay.

Argh - maintenance of web links is tedious. I may also have some dead ones. I’m always glad if they get reported.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah, tell me about it, The times I have regretted taking over resposibility for the list of lists of links. I am alwaysthe one gets moaned at for broken links, even if someone else made the lists.

Signature 

1 of 2