Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Bryce 7 Pro - true 3D rendering [commercial] [on sale today]
Posted: 17 September 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3828
Joined  2004-10-01

True 3D or stereo viewing assumes that we have two eyes which are at some distance of each other. One eye sees the picture from a slightly different angle than the other one. The brain finally fuses the two separate pictures into the final picture we perceive.

If you look at an object in the distance, like a mountain, your eyes are parallel, the object is too far away. If the object is near, say a pencil 20 cm or 8 inches from your eyes, your eyes turn inwards towards the nose, more so the nearer the pencil comes to the eyes. The “toe-in” angle is the angle the eyes depart from looking straight on and parallel and turn inward.

The brain uses this angle (apart from other cues) to create a stereo image. For us humans, this is all fixed at the distance between the eyes, which is about 6.5 cm or about 2-3/4 inches or so. We can create pictures that are taken at a greater distance than the eye distance. We get a 3D effect still farther away but we perceive it as miniature - we are giants.

We can also cheat a bit by making the “inter-eye” distance larger in relation to the distance of the object and move the camera angle inwards in an unnatural way - toe-in - and give the brain a bit to ponder how to interpret what it sees.

I hope this helps for a start.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 17 September 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2691
Joined  2004-07-06

There should be one called “P40_ALS_targeting_video1” - although it is possible the names might have changed during the QA process… that happens sometimes.

Horo’s perspective offers a more technical view for the technically minded.  My vidoes are aimed more at the test files and should present a more hands on approach.

Because anaglyph’s are a bit of a hand full - that is the reason for so many videos.

Edit:  Failing that I could always make another video and upload it to youtube, if you email with a scene you are trying to anaglypherize I can make it the topic of that video and tailor it so suit - if you fancy that idea?

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 23 April 2013 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-09-15

grinhey guys ,could you bear with me and answer one ridiculous question- what is the path, i.e.- c-drive>content>whatever for installing the “true 3D” plugin or whatever we are calling it? not the same or is it, as the bryce install? windows 8 SEEMED to offer a default path when i used the installer but i cant remember and i would love to fire this thing up.

Posted: 23 April 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
lazbolt - 23 April 2013 07:57 AM

grinhey guys ,could you bear with me and answer one ridiculous question- what is the path, i.e.- c-drive>content>whatever for installing the “true 3D” plugin or whatever we are calling it? not the same or is it, as the bryce install? windows 8 SEEMED to offer a default path when i used the installer but i cant remember and i would love to fire this thing up.

If you don’t know where you’ve installed it - the path depends on what option you have selected, the easiest thing to do, I reckon, is search your computer for some of the installed files and then you can discover the path.

Try searching for any of the following for example.

ALS_Practical.pdf
Anaglyph_QTVR_Panoramas.mp4
Cubetrick11.br7 (or .bmp)
Approximator.html

Find any of these files (and I’m guessing there are not an abundance of files with these names on your HD) and you have found were you installed your content.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 23 April 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-09-15

thanks for the quick response, truth is i havent even started install , my first package is still just sitting there asking me to choose a path and there’s no default one offered, ive been working on a mac and done tons of this (even easier with the new install manager) but the PC install just eludes, my head is hung in shame!

Posted: 23 April 2013 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
lazbolt - 23 April 2013 08:40 AM

thanks for the quick response, truth is i havent even started install , my first package is still just sitting there asking me to choose a path and there’s no default one offered, ive been working on a mac and done tons of this (even easier with the new install manager) but the PC install just eludes, my head is hung in shame!

Oh well, in that case, what I do is install to desktop and that way I can find things.  Maybe this is wrong.  My desktop is very cluttered.  But I can find things!

Signature 

Posted: 23 April 2013 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3828
Joined  2004-10-01
lazbolt - 23 April 2013 08:40 AM

It’s easy on the PC as well. I usually do the first unpacking to a folder which I name “xxx” and then I see what I got and where things belong. Some parts need to be in a specific folder under the main folder where Bryce is installed, other stuff can be anywhere - provided you can find it later.

As far as stuff is concerned that needs to be in a specific location, this PDF http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf should be of help.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

2 of 2