Digital Art Zone

2 of 5
I would really like to see this set for Genesis…okay, your turn.
Posted: 15 September 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2187
Joined  2005-09-05
Zev0 - 15 September 2012 04:16 AM

Thanks:). There is a thread on it under commercial. Oh I also want to see Nursoda’s figures released as Genesis morphs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=335459&category=allitems

I would also like to see nursoda’s figures as shapes for genesis…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 15 September 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2003-10-09

I would like to see all Generation 4 expressions to be totally compatible with Genesis and I need much more Genesis expressions, in particularly male expressions, not girly, but real male or viril expressions.

Posted: 15 September 2012 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3173
Joined  2009-08-05

What ones aren’t compatable? I managed to transfer all I have from M4/V4 via Genx.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2009-02-04

I know thorne is working to make teens for genesis - but Id love to see him/her remake Melisa Blue for Genesis - She was my favorite morph for Laura, and probably one of my favorite all time morphs ever!
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/melissa-blue/39964

Other than that Id like to see more realistic (non -doll like) ethnic morphs for Genesis, particually ones with a darker complexion.  Id love to see a nice anglo indian morph or a south east asian one with a darker skin tone avaliable.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29

Please remember to leave a link. For instance, I don’t know what Melissa Blue is but I am curious. A Link would show me right away.

Thanks for posting,m though.

Keep ‘em comin’, folks!

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2009-02-04
RKane_1 - 15 September 2012 08:34 AM

Please remember to leave a link. For instance, I don’t know what Melissa Blue is but I am curious. A Link would show me right away.

Thanks for posting,m though.

Keep ‘em comin’, folks!

Sorry - Link added above smile
I like M blue because her features weren’t too over exadurated, her eyes and mouth size still give her that ‘cutsie look’ but are still believeable in terms of realism) On many female morphs the eyes get too enlarged and the mouth is too small - so the character looks more doll/toon-like. (A look that I’m not very keen on)  But I think Thorne and Sasa really nailed it on this one, everything is just right smile
I love her her freckles too, they add so much character.
This morph actually made me buy the mil teens! If the Gen 3 product line wasnt dead, Id still be using her now.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 15 September 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4033
Joined  2004-08-11
tjohn - 14 September 2012 10:31 PM

Rammwolf just posted a bunch of free morphs for Genesis in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6841/

There are some head/face morphs that can be used to “age” a figure. The sliders are very good, you could use them to make a middle aged male or female etc. up to elderly people in combination with other morphs you may have. I’d show you the Grandma character I made, but she’s still running around naked.

Awww, thanks for the mention…. grin

*spanks Robert*  You like getting spanked I see!  raspberry Hmmmmmmmmmm raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

RAMWorks Freebies

Pan Project

Posted: 15 September 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4033
Joined  2004-08-11
Zev0 - 15 September 2012 03:34 AM

I want to see a quadraped morph for genesis that can be used for any four legged creature:) It will serve almost as a base template for various 4 legged creature morphs etc.

Can’t that be achieved with dialing in one of the animal leg morphs, rotating the body to where the torso is perpendicular to the ground, reposition the neck and head and then the legs and arms.  I think what Genesis needs is a full set of leg morphs with paw and hooves and goat hooves as well as paw and hoof morphs for the hands (IF that’s possible.. might have to check that out in ZBrush).  Cath (Mec4D) or Midnight Stories might be able to work that sort of magic on Genesis!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

RAMWorks Freebies

Pan Project

Posted: 15 September 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5423
Joined  2003-10-09
RKane_1 - 14 September 2012 10:37 PM
tjohn - 14 September 2012 10:31 PM

Rammwolf just posted a bunch of free morphs for Genesis in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6841/

There are some head/face morphs that can be used to “age” a figure. The sliders are very good, you could use them to make a middle aged male or female etc. up to elderly people in combination with other morphs you may have. I’d show you the Grandma character I made, but she’s still running around naked.

Oh crap. tjohn showed up.

*sigh*

This’ll kill the thread for sure.

*poke*

I kid. Yeah, I got those but haven’t had a chance to try ‘em yet. How ya like ‘em? RAM and I go back a ways.

LOL! Well I finally caught Grandma and got some clothes on her. I spun so many Genesis morph dials to get this character I lost track. This is rendered in Dimension Theory’s Urban Environment Set found here:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/urban-recreation
This is an amazing set, which I bought at 50% off. I literally built the figure, loaded the environment, added a camera and moved it into position and hit “Render”. The only post-work was adding the sig. So anyway, heeerrrreeee’s Grandma!

Image Attachments
grandma.jpg
 Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery
My ShareCG Freebies
I think I might start spelling my name with an umlaut. Tjöhn. Hmmm…

Posted: 15 September 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14826
Joined  2009-01-22
RKane_1 - 14 September 2012 08:32 PM

I would really like to see this set for Genesis..

But with separate morphs so you can customize elements of the character’‘s face. It helps round out the types of characters that can be made with Genesis.

Aged for V4/M4

Okay… your turn…. please provide a link to the set you want and add your input about what set you would like to see it for Genesis and why.

You can use 90% of it on Genesis right now. Only the Head morph is not useable.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3115
Joined  2012-02-06

Forget who gave me this idea, but an anime/toon morph set would be a nice addition. As is, if you want to create anime or toon characters, you need to use a modeler, d-formers, or anime or toon shapes. Having a variety of appropriate morph dials would be awesome (and used to a small extent, would probably be helpful in creating some unique-looking realistic characters, too).

I noticed that there are several freebie-providers posting here, so I just wanted to say thank you! smile

Jaderail - 15 September 2012 11:59 AM

Yeah, I got it on sale and use the textures on Genesis…the displacement maps in particular really come in handy.

Nice render, tjohn! At first glnce I thought it was a Reality/Lux render. That DimensionTheory set looks impressive…!

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Join the Custom Character Contest!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
RAMWolff - 15 September 2012 10:54 AM
Zev0 - 15 September 2012 03:34 AM

I want to see a quadraped morph for genesis that can be used for any four legged creature:) It will serve almost as a base template for various 4 legged creature morphs etc.

Can’t that be achieved with dialing in one of the animal leg morphs, rotating the body to where the torso is perpendicular to the ground, reposition the neck and head and then the legs and arms.  I think what Genesis needs is a full set of leg morphs with paw and hooves and goat hooves as well as paw and hoof morphs for the hands (IF that’s possible.. might have to check that out in ZBrush).  Cath (Mec4D) or Midnight Stories might be able to work that sort of magic on Genesis!  grin

Depends on how far you can lengthen the mesh, on the foot/hand bones, and mash them together to look like leg bones.

On the other hand, maybe if distortions are bad, they could be hidden by ZBrush fiber fur, or something.

When a person compares the skeletons, the backwards rear knee is actually the heel.

Cats are simply standing on their tippytoes, and kinda squatted down, and the leg bones are shorter.

On horses, the foot/hand bones are much longer. And, although it doesn’t show,  they lose two foot/hand bones, with 2 more shrunk, and one of those fused to the main one. I imagine because they’re runners.

A mouse’s limbs look more like ours…

Longer necks might be a problem.

Then you have to reshape & resize some other stuff. Heads, hips and thighs might be tough.

Weight-mapping might be a boon for this sort of thing.

Edit: I wonder… if Genesis doesn’t have enough polys, for something, maybe a morphed and weight-mapped Gen 4 might work.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29
Jaderail - 15 September 2012 11:59 AM
RKane_1 - 14 September 2012 08:32 PM

I would really like to see this set for Genesis..

But with separate morphs so you can customize elements of the character’‘s face. It helps round out the types of characters that can be made with Genesis.

Aged for V4/M4

Okay… your turn…. please provide a link to the set you want and add your input about what set you would like to see it for Genesis and why.

It looks like its a V4/M4 morph and I do not have Gen X. How do you get those morphs on to Genesis?

Did you mean the textures and displacement maps? THAT I know how to bring over. I just wanted the accompanying morphs.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4758
Joined  2009-02-26

You DO need GenX

Signature 

- - My Render Thread - - My Deviant Art - - xSPYROx Freebies - -

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4758
Joined  2009-02-26

Gen X is the application that transfers morphs from other characters into genesis. Unless you intend to make your own original morphs (Which requires additional software and knowledge of 3d modelling at a whole new level) You will require Generation X plugin.

Signature 

- - My Render Thread - - My Deviant Art - - xSPYROx Freebies - -

2 of 5