Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
I would really like to see this set for Genesis…okay, your turn.
Posted: 14 September 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

I would really like to see this set for Genesis..

But with separate morphs so you can customize elements of the character’‘s face. It helps round out the types of characters that can be made with Genesis.

Aged for V4/M4

Okay… your turn…. please provide a link to the set you want and add your input about what set you would like to see it for Genesis and why.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06

I’d really like to see all the heels done by idler168 redone for genesis.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4963
Joined  2008-03-06

I second the request for more older characters that have morphs as well as displacement wrinkles (the best and most real aged character sets have both).  These do not convert well with Gen X.  I tried with the free V4 Aging set from ShareCG, which had wonderful face morphs especially.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

FMSC…

You forgot to provide a link

:/ 

:(

Is this the set you are talking about?

Heel Shoes for V3

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

My bad, it’s actually called Maturing V4.

I especially liked it because it could be used for middle-aged characters as well.  Usually the options appear to be under 30 or over 70.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Thanks, Sickle. You are right! Thos are a great set of morphs. On Genesis, you could also use them to age a male character with some success as well.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6246
Joined  2003-10-09

Rammwolf just posted a bunch of free morphs for Genesis in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6841/

There are some head/face morphs that can be used to “age” a figure. The sliders are very good, you could use them to make a middle aged male or female etc. up to elderly people in combination with other morphs you may have. I’d show you the Grandma character I made, but she’s still running around naked.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 14 September 2012 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

Ooooo.  Thanks ever so.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 14 September 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
tjohn - 14 September 2012 10:31 PM

Rammwolf just posted a bunch of free morphs for Genesis in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6841/

There are some head/face morphs that can be used to “age” a figure. The sliders are very good, you could use them to make a middle aged male or female etc. up to elderly people in combination with other morphs you may have. I’d show you the Grandma character I made, but she’s still running around naked.

Oh crap. tjohn showed up.

*sigh*

This’ll kill the thread for sure.

*poke*

I kid. Yeah, I got those but haven’t had a chance to try ‘em yet. How ya like ‘em? RAM and I go back a ways.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

FSMC mentioned specific shoes, but I’ll just expand that to say shoes in general, since shoes are one thing that the transfer tool ALWAYS butchers.

The next category would be things that could benefit from geografting in Genesis.  Such as a proper mermaid tail, Creatura Serpenta and Creatura-The Black Widow (I’m not sure if the black widow would actually work as a geograft, but I still want it for Genesis whatever form it is implemented in).

My next category would be some old classics that get butchered by the transfer tool.  For example,
0009 Uniform for Aiko 3 (the buttons on the jacket get smeared by the transfer tool making it unusable on Genesis, which is a shame since the jacket would be great for kitbashing)

Another category is older stuff with skirts, another item that the transfer tool usually butchers.  For things in the DAZ store that suffer from this, I’ve always personally really liked Dementia for V4, but this would be riskier as an update to Genesis since it’s a pretty iconic outfit that’s been used a lot already and doesn’t have the same kitbashing potential that the jacket from 0009 does.

And the final category for me would be stuff like swimsuits and dresses that convert with unnatural breast following (“supercling!”) that even the Genesis breast correction morphs pack can’t really fix.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3569
Joined  2012-02-06

I’d like to see some more ethnic clothing for Genesis…any culture would be appreciated (although in particular I’d like to see more Japanese, southeast Asian, and central Asian clothing). The new Mec4D sets (sari, kurta, and tunic) are a step in the right direction. Hoping we’ll see some ethnic sets released as PC items, as in Gen 3 and Gen 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_costume

For older characters, here’s another new freebie that will help: FaceJowls for Genesis by Zev0
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7763/

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3414
Joined  2009-08-05

I want to see a quadraped morph for genesis that can be used for any four legged creature:) It will serve almost as a base template for various 4 legged creature morphs etc.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4910
Joined  2009-02-26

I reckon a Genesis Evolution Part II would be fantastic!!! I’d buy it straight away!

I really want to see more sliders for both expressions and individual morphs such as new noses, eyes, ears, wrinkle morphs etc. You can never have too many of these options!! I’d also like to see some more developed claw morphs (A bit like sabretooth in Wolverine Origins film, they’re what I call human claws!)

I think the torso needs more additional morphs too such ‘Lesser developed’ shaping sliders (Younger people who aren’t built muscularly have MANY different body details/shapes, that you can’t always get from the current muscle morphs.) Again, we need morphs for the elderly as well.

I don’t want to see FULL head or FULL body morphs which are all too common now, they have less uses in my opinion… I find the separate individual morphs/details are what I use MOST when creating characters. Full head and body morphs can restrict originality and creativity. When I use full morphs, it’s only as a base figure to work with.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
FSMCDesigns - 14 September 2012 08:53 PM

I’d really like to see all the heels done by idler168 redone for genesis.

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 September 2012 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4910
Joined  2009-02-26

I’ll be very interested to see your upcomming face weight morphs your advertising aswell Zev! The banner looks great

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 15 September 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Thanks:). There is a thread on it under commercial. Oh I also want to see Nursoda’s figures released as Genesis morphs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=335459&category=allitems

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

1 of 5