Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Metal falls through metal ?
Posted: 18 September 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2004-08-24

I am only trying to caution people here to accept that if you don’t know the answer, it’s best not to act like an expert and make definite statements. Instead, admit the limits of your knowledge instead citing stuff as fact.

Joe , If I don’t know the answer to any issues posted here, then I won’t lie or pretend that I know, when I don’t,.
I’ll say I DON’T KNOW, or…. I’ll take a look at it , and try to figure it out..

If I don’t have the answer,. then I won’t answer the question.

Please don’t accuse me of either knowingly deceiving people , or deliberately providing false information (why would anyone do that ? )

Nobody benefit’s from bad directions.

Because there’s absolutely no way you can make the pronouncement like this based solely on experiments:

Unfortunately that statement denies decades of experimenting to prove and show either a principle, reaction, or effect in action.

through repeated testing using different density meshes and producing different results

As I mentioned, the Original question regarding paper clips is an issue with the older Carrara Physics in C6 and C7,.
whether the object is a paper-clip or a block of wood, the physics engine doesn’t care,  it’s just a set of points and faces, and it’ll use an initially large area for collision detection, (based on the (bounding area) of the model),.. and then use a smaller area collision detection based on the mesh / vertex / edge resolution of the object.

8068 is using Carrara 6 Pro.
the Physics engine in that version isn’t as accurate as Bullet, although it should still be possible to do.

Reducing the strength of the Scene gravity,. (which causes the collision of the object and floor surface), may help.

Upgrading to C8 with bullet physics, will make a big difference.

Posted: 18 September 2012 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2007-10-15

Okay, Andy.

2 of 2