For YOU, maybe…
But for me, it just uncovered one!
And, once again…“strange”.
I checked my “content\models\character” directory as you described just to see what you were talking about.
I opened “alien_face.hxn” - and crashed.
I tried another model and then another, and all crashed on the same module: frameworkdll.dll
I then went into all the other subdirectories under models, opening 2 or 3 in each one without any problems.
I returned to the “characters” directory and tried every single model, and every single one crashed on frameworkdll.dll (Checking my dot net versions, I see I have 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 installed - should be okay)
I then did a content search on all files in all subdirectories under the “models” directory for files containing the string “jpg”
ALL the files, and ONLY those files, in the “characters” directory showed up.
All but 2 had the string “E:\3D\buste\buste.jpg” in them. The remaining two (quadrangulator and teteronde) referenced “C:\Mes documents\Eovia\envoi\wallpaper17.jpg”
I even created those directories and stuck a moxnix jpg in them renamed according to the strings above. Then I retried opening the files but they still crashed.
Not all is lost, though - I’ve never looked through that directory until now. There’s a lot of pretty cheesy crap in there, but a few of them looked interesting for later perusal.
And to Ascania: KUDOS!!! That was a very intuitive suggestion you gave that turned out to be dead on!