Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Ideal ‘hips and beauty legs’ for Genesis?  Has anyone had a chance to try these new products out yet?
Posted: 18 September 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Zev0 - 18 September 2012 05:51 AM

Im mailing him a screenie of my gaping A$$ (on the figure) and see what he says:)

LOL

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 18 September 2012 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4853
Joined  2009-02-26
Zev0 - 18 September 2012 05:51 AM

Im mailing him a screenie of my gaping A$$ (on the figure) and see what he says:)

LMAO, that will prove a point haha!!

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25
Zev0 - 18 September 2012 04:33 AM

Genesis has a muscle flex system, but that does not fix shape issues. It can be done, But nobody has done the full package, hense all these little bits from various vendors.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-muscularity

that’s not a real muscle system, that’s just done with displacmentmaps and the movement of the joints
watch bonespro or maya muscles for real muscle systems.

why not contact daz about this problems and ask for solutions to fix this?

we see again all the quick fxes done by vendors, like we had with the generation4 figures.
why can’t this be done right from the first time? frustrating, not…

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

It can be done, but then where does that leave vendors? If Daz creates for example a piece of clothing that can become anything, what will happen to the vendors and their clothing products? This is a business, the whole structure is that Daz creates a base, and vendors contribute to it. Asking Daz to release such all in wonder products will kill this small industry and vendors will be without jobs, thus leading to less variety because everybody will have the same thing. Its a topic that is definately interesting, but end of the day has no positive effect on the growth of this industry. Also daz is free, if you want maya features are you willing to pay that price? This is a hobby, a lot of uses do not have that kind of money. Genesis is already a huge improvement on what was there before, I’m sure it will only get better.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 18 September 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4853
Joined  2009-02-26

Because the software is oftern free, and the base genesis figure… The $$$ is in the expansion products, without these expansions, there’d be no profit unless (like Zev stated) the software was exceptionally high priced like Maya or Max.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 19 September 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25
Zev0 - 18 September 2012 11:33 AM

It can be done, but then where does that leave vendors? If Daz creates for example a piece of clothing that can become anything, what will happen to the vendors and their clothing products? This is a business, the whole structure is that Daz creates a base, and vendors contribute to it. Asking Daz to release such all in wonder products will kill this small industry and vendors will be without jobs, thus leading to less variety because everybody will have the same thing. Its a topic that is definately interesting, but end of the day has no positive effect on the growth of this industry. Also daz is free, if you want maya features are you willing to pay that price? This is a hobby, a lot of uses do not have that kind of money. Genesis is already a huge improvement on what was there before, I’m sure it will only get better.

for clothes or extra morphs you are right that can be a vendor business, but the base muscle system have to be a plugin or inside build tool like the rigging and weightmap paint.
and you don’t have to look to maya anymore, watch what’s possible in free blender today.
if those features can be in blender, why not in dazprograms?
and dazstudio pro wasn’t free the first time.  i’ve spent $$$ on it. i also remember a price around $429 without PA membership.
normally there was to be a free basic version, some more advanced version, and a pro version.
i expect studio 5 not for free, at least not the pro version.

Signature 

(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

Posted: 19 September 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

I don’t think it matters what happens with Studio 5 pricing wise. We are using 4.x right now. While I agree it would be nice if Genesis had better bends, remember Genesis does bend better than V4. So we did get an improvement over the prior generations for free. Sure certain poses still don’t look as nice as we may like, but we can’t forget where we came from.

I do understand the Daz biz of get people in with free and charge em for content, I can’t see how it would hurt if they improved Genesis even more in future iterations. My guess is with current budget/time Genesis is the best they could come up with and even if they were to change things it very likely would have to be in a future generation or software package.

Oh and I have the hips and legs package and they are “OK”. It helps reduce postwork or reposing a little bit, but not nearly as much as I would like. I experiment with the settings and sometimes have found things look better with the fixes set in the negative numbers. So it’s one more tool in the shed and fortunately they weren’t too expensive.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25
larsmidnatt - 19 September 2012 08:17 AM

we did get an improvement over the prior generations for free

that’s not correct to all of us, some people have paid for the program and still didn’t go for a refunds request.
i think those expect at least something when DS5 will be there.

Signature 

Posted: 21 September 2012 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2005-01-18
fixme12 - 21 September 2012 02:59 AM
larsmidnatt - 19 September 2012 08:17 AM

we did get an improvement over the prior generations for free

that’s not correct to all of us, some people have paid for the program and still didn’t go for a refunds request.
i think those expect at least something when DS5 will be there.

Right!
For me this whole DS4.5 is like a Beta release so I still use DS4.0.3.47 on my main, 64 bits, machine.

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 21 September 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2008-07-07
fixme12 - 18 September 2012 10:53 AM

Genesis has a muscle flex system, but that does not fix shape issues. It can be done, But nobody has done the full package, hense all these little bits from various vendors.

that’s not a real muscle system, that’s just done with displacmentmaps and the movement of the joints

It’s not done with displacement maps at all. It’s done by standard mesh deformation - morphs.

Signature 

DAZ Published Artist

View my DAZ3D product store!

Posted: 22 September 2012 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-08-25
Syndaryl - 21 September 2012 07:10 AM
fixme12 - 18 September 2012 10:53 AM

It’s not done with displacement maps at all. It’s done by standard mesh deformation - morphs.

it’s still a quick solution, why don’t we get a real muscle system in the pro version of studio and let us pay for the program?
that could solve all this problems, now that we have weightmaps we can move on to complete our characters more realistic.

Signature 

2 of 2