Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Can’t find Posed for V5
Posted: 13 September 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2003-10-09

I just downloaded DAZ 4.5. Every time I open it or try to open a DAZ duf file I get an error messagw saying:

“Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected. The following files could not be found:
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/011.dsf”

I redownloaded the Posed for V5 and reinstalled it but I get the same error message. When I save a duf file with a certain pose and try to open it, I still get the same error message. The character I saved with a pose loads with another pose.

Anyone else who has the same problem?

Best regards.

Posted: 13 September 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13570
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, firstly you shouldn’t be installing content into the data folder - the installers will put the things that need to go into data in there as long as you point them to My Library (or whatever folder you chose as your content directory). Did you install the Genesis Essentials stuff - to My Library?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 September 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I think I installed ii in My library. I don’t touch data and don’t install thinks in data (voluntarily). Whwn I install a DAZ product it points automatically to my DAZ folder. I install there.

Best regards.

Richard Haseltine - 13 September 2012 07:17 AM

Well, firstly you shouldn’t be installing content into the data folder - the installers will put the things that need to go into data in there as long as you point them to My Library (or whatever folder you chose as your content directory). Did you install the Genesis Essentials stuff - to My Library?

Posted: 13 September 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, the files have ended up in the Data folder - People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/011.dsf should be in the My Library folder. What folders do you have selected as DAZ Studio Content Directories?

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 13 September 2012 01:31 PM

Well, the files have ended up in the Data folder - People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/011.dsf should be in the My Library folder. What folders do you have selected as DAZ Studio Content Directories?

The folder is

C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio

Posted: 13 September 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Lyone - 13 September 2012 02:21 PM
Richard Haseltine - 13 September 2012 01:31 PM

The folder is

C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio

Then I put the files manually in my Library. When I use the folder “C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio” the files do not install in My Library so I have to put them in. But I don’t put anything in data.

And I have to say that when I open an old DAZ (DAZ4.0 file with Genesis with Gen X morphs) in DAZ 4.5 and save it as “duf” I can’t open the duf file. The figure exploses. I get the same message with Posed forV5 but it’s not sure there is a connection betwween the two events. Maybe the figure exploses because DAZ 4.5 new Genesis mesh doesn’t like the old Genesis one. I don’t know. It’s only speculation.

Posted: 13 September 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

A lot of people with the exploding figure have found that saving the exploded scene and opening that restores everything.

If your content directory is set to C:\Users\Salome Masseron\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio then that’s the folder you should isntall to - My Library is just the default, if you have seelcted the Studio folder as the content directory then that’s the one you want instead.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 13 September 2012 03:51 PM

A lot of people with the exploding figure have found that saving the exploded scene and opening that restores everything.

If your content directory is set to C:\Users\Salome Masseron\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio then that’s the folder you should isntall to - My Library is just the default, if you have seelcted the Studio folder as the content directory then that’s the one you want instead.

COOL!! It works!! When I save my exploded figure as you mentioned and I reopen it, I get my character and all is in place. No more exploded character. Thank you for that.

Posted: 13 September 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 13 September 2012 03:51 PM

...But for the missing file, I’m not sure I understand what you wrote. If I installed the product correctly, why is there some missing file? Should I install the file (Posed for V5) in My Library instead?

The problem is when I load the new Genesis figure or every time I open DAZ. The old Genesis figure has disappeared from my library but when I open my old scenes with Genesis iconic shapes, they open well and I don’t get any error message. But when I open the new Genesis, he/she opens in a specific pose and not the zero pose. It’s always the same specific pose and the pose is probably the missing one. Evey time I save a scene (duf) and reopen it, the figure comes with the same specific pose and it doesn’t care about any pose I used and saved the figure with. Is it normal? Is there some preset that I should use to save the pose when I save a scene in DAZ 4.5? It wasn’t like that in DAZ 4.0. The figure was saved with his/her pose and when I reopened the scene I had my “posed” character.

Best regards.

Posted: 13 September 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh Goshhhh, is it already ONE O CLOCK??? I have to go to bed. I have a long working day shut eyewaiting for me tomorrow. Good night.

Posted: 14 September 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Is the figure still posable, or is it locked in the pose it loads in? I suspect that you have used the save Modified Assets at some point - that’s usually the cause of genesis loading in a non-default state - in which case a reinstall of the Geensis stater essentials should fix it.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 14 September 2012 05:53 AM

Is the figure still posable, or is it locked in the pose it loads in? I suspect that you have used the save Modified Assets at some point - that’s usually the cause of genesis loading in a non-default state - in which case a reinstall of the Geensis stater essentials should fix it.

Hi, the figure is still posable. I can pose it however I want but if I save the scene with a new pose and open the scene again I get the error message and the figure loads with the “bug pose” (the loading non-default pose). So I loose the pose I put on the figure.

If I reinstall Genesis starter essentials, should I install it in Studio or in My Library?

I don’t remember that I saved some pose or used Modified Assets. Actually, I just installed the Genesis starter pack and when I opened DAZ 4.5 for the first time I get directly the error message and the wrong pose, before I did anything.

Best regards-

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Install to the folder you have selected as your main content directory - the one that appears in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats.

Signature 

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 14 September 2012 12:26 PM

Install to the folder you have selected as your main content directory - the one that appears in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats.

I don’t have any Content library. I only have My Library and Documentation in the Studio folder.

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I just saw this forum thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7340/

It seems like my problem. Do I also have to delete the “bug pose” in data?

Best regards.

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Not a folder called Content Library, the Content Library pane in DAZ Studio - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library.

The other thread is a different issue. However, it does remind me to tell you to see what (if anything) you have listed in Edit>Preferences>Startup next to Load File, and in Edit>Preferences>Scene next to Load file under On New.

Signature 

1 of 2