Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
Still nothing in the Content Library ?
Posted: 12 September 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

If you mean the Windows Explorer file browser page yes….

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 12 September 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, browse to C:/Program Files/Daz 3D and open it the first thing listed should be Content Management Service. Open that, inside you should have a folder named Uninstallers open it. Run that Uninstaller. After it runs if the folder databases is left behind delete it as well.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 12 September 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Unfortunately there’s nothing about Content Management Service, nothing in the Uninstallers either….

Image Attachments
Remove_CMS_1.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 12 September 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay. I see what the trouble might be. We need to fix all this.
Step 1: Uninstall DS4.5 after the Uninstall go back to C:Programs Files and DELETE the DAZ 3D folder.
We want a clean start. Nothing left. Delete the Content folder from Documents also after the uninstall.
Once your system is clean REBOOT and then come back and tell me. Do not install anything until you talk to me first.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 12 September 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
Jaderail - 12 September 2012 09:52 AM

Okay. I see what the trouble might be. We need to fix all this.
Step 1: Uninstall DS4.5 after the Uninstall go back to C:Programs Files and DELETE the DAZ 3D folder.
We want a clean start. Nothing left. Delete the Content folder from Documents also after the uninstall.
Once your system is clean REBOOT and then come back and tell me. Do not install anything until you talk to me first.

Never having uninstalled before there’s 3 things I’m still stuck on. First I’ve found a remove Daz Content Management Service.exe in the Programme File as in the attached pic. Second I’ve no idea how to uninstall DS4.5 as the two uninstallers in Docs and Settings are empty as indicated by the 2 lines in the previous pic. And third I’ve also found a Genesis uninstaller also as per the attached pic which I’ve done but no idea if it was uninstalled or not.

Image Attachments
Daz_uninstall_pic_1.JPGDaz_Genesis_uninstall_pic._.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 12 September 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

The one that says Remove DAZContent Management services.exe Run it. Do not bother with the Genesis one. In My Documents you have a DAZ 3D folder. Just Delete that folder. Now go back to your Control Panel and Run ADD/Remove Programs in it you should have DAZ Studio 4.5 (32bit) listed Select that and then click the Remove or Uninstall button. Once you have run the Uninstall come back and tell me.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
Jaderail - 12 September 2012 02:12 PM

The one that says Remove DAZContent Management services.exe Run it. Do not bother with the Genesis one. In My Documents you have a DAZ 3D folder. Just Delete that folder. Now go back to your Control Panel and Run ADD/Remove Programs in it you should have DAZ Studio 4.5 (32bit) listed Select that and then click the Remove or Uninstall button. Once you have run the Uninstall come back and tell me.

Unable to remove the DAZContent Management Services so nothing done yet. Nothing in the bottom Uninstaller either…..

Image Attachments
Content_manager_not_valid_Win_32.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 13 September 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Good Morning Marcus, That’s very odd it should be unless you have ran the 64bit installer. I will think about this and get back to you later.
I’m a Kidney Dialysis patent, I’ve just got home from my treatment and I will need a few hours to recover. I will think of this problem and hope we can get this all fixed for you before the day is over for both of us.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6614
Joined  2005-08-15

Jaderail - just a small point, but the uninstaller says it is 0KB on the image, so something went wrong with it?

Posted: 13 September 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14
JimmyC_2009 - 13 September 2012 09:19 AM

Jaderail - just a small point, but the uninstaller says it is 0KB on the image, so something went wrong with it?

Yup, bogus uninstaller.  You’re going to have to go back to deleting things manually.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 13 September 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Thanks. The bogus uninstaller deleted ok, any particular order for deleting everything else ? Incidentally there’s no Daz products in Add/ Remove Programmes….

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Sorry I was not back quicker but I feel almost human now. Thanks for catching that issue guys.

Marcus could I get a screen shot of Add/Remove with the D’s listed before we go any farther please?
If installed files are not listing in your Add/Remove you might have bigger issues with your system than just not being able to get DS to work properly. Even programs without uninstallers should list in that section. It’s a feature of XP and above.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
Jaderail - 13 September 2012 12:13 PM

Sorry I was not back quicker but I feel almost human now. Thanks for catching that issue guys.

Marcus could I get a screen shot of Add/Remove with the D’s listed before we go any farther please?
If installed files are not listing in your Add/Remove you might have bigger issues with your system than just not being able to get DS to work properly. Even programs without uninstallers should list in that section. It’s a feature of XP and above.

All new territory this….

Image Attachments
Ds_in_Add_Remove_programmes.JPG
 Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, that helps much. Have you Uninstalled the last Daz Studio you had on the system? Maybe with a uninstaller?

If you have not will Daz Studio still boot and run but is all messed up?

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
Jaderail - 13 September 2012 12:39 PM

Okay, that helps much. Have you Uninstalled the last Daz Studio you had on the system? Maybe with a uninstaller?

If you have not will Daz Studio still boot and run but is all messed up?

I haven’t removed any Daz Studios yet as there’s no installers left as I mentioned earlier. It’s a real mix up in there as there’s one Daz Studio in My Documents and a second one in Programmes (!) as well as the correct usual one. However both Studios are faulty being the same ones (seen in the pic in my very first post in this thread) in the empty “My Content” box though mysteriously showing elsewhere.

Hope you can follow this…

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

2 of 6