...By default, the group a property is in (i.e. its path) is determined by the title of the brick the property belongs to. Unless you specifically customize individual property paths, you can change the group a property is in by changing the title of the brick (option menu, in the top right corner of the brick)...
Somebody please tell me I’m not going crazy. This simply doesn’t work for me (most of the time*) !
I can change the brick title no problem, but the changed title is not reflected in Shader Mixer’s ‘Properties’ tab, nor DS4.5s ‘Surfaces’ tab, which both use the brick’s original name. I’ve got it reproducible (more-or-less*) with this minimal sequence, but don’t think I should file a bug report unless somebody else can reproduce it too…
1) Open DS4.5, Create > Primitive > Sphere, select the sphere, and select it’s ‘Default’ material on the ‘Surfaces’ tab.
2) Window > Panes > Shader Mixer, then File > New Shader > Material > Accept
3) Insert > Bricks > Functions > Textures > ImageMap
4) Change Title, rename it and Accept.
5) Connect Image Color O/P to Diffuse Color I/P of DS Default Material and hit ‘Apply’
After step (4) the new brick ‘Image Map (3)’ has been renamed ‘Stencil’ as expected, but it’s still ‘Image Map (3)’ in Shader Mixer’s ‘Properties’ tab.
After step (5) the sphere’s default material on the ‘Surfaces’ tab consists of these groups:
UV Maps, Smoothing, Diffuse, Specular, Ambient, Opacity, Image Map (3)
*N.B. I was about to post this a couple of hours ago, and ran through the procedure one last time just to check - the darn thing worked properly! So I thought it must be finger trouble. All seemed fine for an hour or so, then it started playing up again. I’ve just run through th e above sequence and the problem definitely occurred this time.