Sci-Fi Novella Cover Design Contest (Final Render) Thread - Indie Author A. E. McCullough
I’m looking for a cover for my upcoming novella:
The Last Spartan: DJ’s Mission
Starting Date: Monday, August 27, 2012
Submission Ending Date: Sunday, September 16, 2012 @ 1800 hours (6:00 PM) Eastern time
This thread is the FINAL RENDER ie Submission thread. Post your covers here & later this week, I or a forum administrator will put up the poll for to help determine the final three.
How to Enter:
1. Be logged in to your DAZ3D Forum account to submit a valid entry. I will not accept Anonymous or Guest Entries.
2. Submit your image in .jpg format to the appropriate contest thread.
3. Upload your image using the Post Reply & Browse to Attachment feature (In other words please do not link to your image but rather post it to the thread)
4. Final image should be at a minimum 700 x 1000 pixels @300dpi (this will primarily be an eBook cover) but can be larger. Test renders can be done (and posted in the WIP thread) at smaller sizes & lower resolution for speed and ease.
5. Please follow the DAZ Terms of Service.
6. Clearly state in your thread post that the final render you wish to enter is a “Submission” to keep test and concept images easily identifiable.
1. Enter as many times as you like.
2. Use any 3D program you choose to create your image.
3. This contest is open to anyone.
Contest Legal Stuff:
—If you are selected as a contest winner or honorable mention, you agree that the organizer may publicize your community name and your contest entry. Apart from the prizes associated with being selected as a winner, the organizer shall not be obligated to compensate you in any way for such publicity.
—Each entrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold A.E. McCullough and DAZ3D harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that entrant’s participation in the contest. In no event shall A.E. McCullough or DAZ3D be liable for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the contest or to an entrant’s participation in the contest.
—Winners will be chosen by a poll placed on the ‘Final Render’ thread of this contest. Anyone entering or viewing will be allowed to vote. However, I reserve the right to choose the final image from the top three images picked through the poll. Final choice will be based on how well I believe the submission reflects my upcoming novella.
—The three finalists chosen by the poll will each receive a $25 DAZ 3D Gift Card. Their artwork will also be featured on my website with links to their own personal/professional website.
—The winner, chosen from the finalists by my wife and me, will receive an additional $25 DAZ 3D Gift Card, a mention in the book’s front matter and a section in the back of the novel titled—‘About the Cover Artist’—with a brief bio and contact info.
—No other prizes or awards are promised or implied.
Note: All images entered in the contest are copyrighted and owned by the artist. By submitting to the contest, the artist agrees to grant A.E. McCullough the right to print or otherwise re-publish the submitted images in various marketing or web materials so long as credit is given to the artist as the original creator of the image(s). No image(s) may be taken or used by any other third party without permission from the artist. Any third party digital assets used in the creation of your submission must be licensed to you for unrestricted or commercial purposes.