Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Help: Bryce 7 Pro crashes on launch {Side by side error]  Windows Error
Posted: 27 February 2013 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-27

I have a slightly different problem when I attempt to load Bryce; It simply drops. The program appears to be loading for a moment, I get a dialogue box asking if I want to allow the program to make changes to my computer, then… nothing. I’ve tried running it as the administrator, and I’ve tried disabling Avast,

Any ideas? I’m running win7/64 bit

Thanks

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2005-01-24
ravynclover - 01 February 2013 03:03 PM

Does anyone know why I’m getting that error message now after formatting the pc.  Bryce 7 & 7 Pro both worked fine in it before. (Also no problems with a couple older versions I reinstalled)  All the MS updates are installed, even some that I hadn’t done before.  I’m using Vista .. 32 bit.  There are three 2005 MS Visuals ++ installed, one 2008 (x86) & one 2010 (x86) ..  Could one of them be causing the problem?

I just went through this excercise getting Bryce lightning up and running on my machines.

Leave Bryce alone.

Uninstall all versions of “Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable”  ALL of them.  Leave the 2008 and 2010 alone.

Only uninstall the 2005 versions.

You dont have to reboot at this point.

Download and install this version from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=26347

and the side by side error should be gone.

Signature 

My Audio Production: http://soundcloud.com/analog-x64

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2005-01-24
BILL.TIMKO - 27 February 2013 07:48 AM

I have a slightly different problem when I attempt to load Bryce; It simply drops. The program appears to be loading for a moment, I get a dialogue box asking if I want to allow the program to make changes to my computer, then… nothing. I’ve tried running it as the administrator, and I’ve tried disabling Avast,

Thanks

I dont have a specific answer, but this is how I would approach it.

1. Look in the Event Viewer and see if there are any errors in the application log that might give you a clue as what is going on.
Click the Start button. In the Search box, type Event Viewer, and then, in the list of results, double-click Event Viewer.
If you cant find and answer try step 2.

2. uninstall all instances of “Microsoft Visual C++ 2005”  and re-install from the link I provided above.

If this doesnt work, try step 3 but it could be risky as CCleaner is better suited for advanced users.
and I dont know your computer skill level.

3. uninstall Bryce and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Run CCleaner to registry and remove any traces of Bryce.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Use your judgement when following these instructions.

Signature 

My Audio Production: http://soundcloud.com/analog-x64

Posted: 27 February 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
BILL.TIMKO - 27 February 2013 07:48 AM

Thanks

I’m not sure this is the solution to your problem but did you make sure you were installing the latest version of Bryce 7 Pro which is v7.1.0.109? I think I remember seeing someone having a similar problem and it turned out he was attemting to install an earlier version of Bryce 7 Pro. If my memory is correct then he reset his downloads, downloaded and installed the newest version (v7.1.0.109) and that solved his problem.

Posted: 28 February 2013 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-27
LordHardDriven - 27 February 2013 12:31 PM

I’m not sure this is the solution to your problem but did you make sure you were installing the latest version of Bryce 7 Pro which is v7.1.0.109?

Yes.

Analog-X64 - 27 February 2013 08:59 AM

I dont have a specific answer, but this is how I would approach it.

1. Look in the Event Viewer and see if there are any errors in the application log that might give you a clue as what is going on.
Click the Start button. In the Search box, type Event Viewer, and then, in the list of results, double-click Event Viewer.
If you cant find and answer try step 2.

Wow.. that’s confusing… I’ve no idea how to use event viewer effectively.

2. uninstall all instances of “Microsoft Visual C++ 2005”  and re-install from the link I provided above.

If this doesnt work, try step 3 but it could be risky as CCleaner is better suited for advanced users.
and I dont know your computer skill level.

3. uninstall Bryce and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Run CCleaner to registry and remove any traces of Bryce.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Use your judgement when following these instructions.

Did all that. It’s still not loading. *cries*

Posted: 02 March 2013 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well I have no idea then, I’m running Bryce 7 Pro in Win7 64 bit and I’m having absolutely no problems. I know it’s a pain but you might try redownloading and reinstalling Bryce 7 Pro because the only thing I can think of is somehow either your install files got corrupted but are somehow still able to run .or something went wrong in the installation process. Bryce doesn’t make any unusual calls out thru the internet so there is no reason a virus program may have blocked it from running with a firewall.

Posted: 22 April 2013 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2005-11-06
chohole - 11 September 2012 03:38 AM

I guess that you are using a 64 bit system and are missing a .dll in your visualc++

Pop over to the microsft site and download this redistributal

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948854

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

make sure you download the   vcredist_x86.EXE that is the 32bit version that is missing.

Thanks for this Chohole - I tried the solution given in the help center first and that didn’t work - this information should really be posted there too.

Signature 

BEGINNERS TUTORIALS FOR BRYCE
MY DAZ 3d STORE  for Bryce & DAZ Studio Materials and Shaders
BRYCE ARENA News and resources for Bryce

Posted: 26 June 2013 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  0

Is your Bryce installation in the “Program files” folder? you want to be sure you are installing it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7

Right clcik your Bryce icon and choose properties-open file location and check where it is.

Uninstall Bryce and then delete the bryce folder that is in it’s current location, then re-install it and be sure the path is in the 32 bit program files location.

Posted: 27 June 2013 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3559
Joined  2004-10-01
BurrMan - 26 June 2013 02:30 PM

Is your Bryce installation in the “Program files” folder? you want to be sure you are installing it here:

Right clcik your Bryce icon and choose properties-open file location and check where it is.

Uninstall Bryce and then delete the bryce folder that is in it’s current location, then re-install it and be sure the path is in the 32 bit program files location.

That’s probably not very wise. I’ve never ever installed a program on the C-drive, which is exclusively reserved for the operating system. None of all the Bryce versions from 4 to 7.1 and several betas I have installed runs from the C-drive, neither do the three Studio versions 2.3, 3 and 4.6.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 27 June 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 27 June 2013 12:39 AM
BurrMan - 26 June 2013 02:30 PM

That’s probably not very wise. I’ve never ever installed a program on the C-drive, which is exclusively reserved for the operating system. None of all the Bryce versions from 4 to 7.1 and several betas I have installed runs from the C-drive, neither do the three Studio versions 2.3, 3 and 4.6.

Not everyone has multiple drives though. Many still have just the one hard drive (Drive C). That being said I agree completely that when possible it’s best to have programs like Bryce on a separate drive. Me personally I have a drive that is dedicated to nothing but 3D related programs (Bryce, Studio, Poser, etc.)

Posted: 27 June 2013 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  0
Horo - 27 June 2013 12:39 AM

Well Horo, for you to acheive that, you have probably jumped through a few other hoops. Like disabling UAC and also knowledge on managing your permissions/ particular installation problems etc…....

I always put my apps on my C drive. The x86 program files folder is where 32 bit programs should reside when doing so on a 64 bit system, and Bryce wants to default to the program files folder, which would be incorrect.

which is exclusively reserved for the operating system.

No. That would be the “root of c”... The program files folders (the 2) are where apps are installed (and should be installed) by default.

There is nothing wrong with creating a seperate software install drive other than C, but that should be done by knowledgable users.

Posted: 27 June 2013 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3559
Joined  2004-10-01
LordHardDriven - 27 June 2013 11:09 AM

Not everyone has multiple drives though. Many still have just the one hard drive (Drive C). That being said I agree completely that when possible it’s best to have programs like Bryce on a separate drive. Me personally I have a drive that is dedicated to nothing but 3D related programs (Bryce, Studio, Poser, etc.)

There’s something like partitioning a drive.

BurrMan - 27 June 2013 01:19 PM

Well Horo, for you to acheive that, you have probably jumped through a few other hoops. Like disabling UAC and also knowledge on managing your permissions/ particular installation problems etc…...

Well, no. Since I’m not on C, I’m not having that kind of issues. Problem is, I’m a complete computer dummy and need that things work.

But no problem, everybody should be happy the way he/she finds suitable for the purpose. Since I started with computers (1980) I never ever encountered issues as some forumites report. Therefore I think I can’t have got it completely wrong. But it might well be that I’ve just been lucky.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 27 June 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16006
Joined  2003-10-09

I am completely hopeless when it comes to the technical side of computers, but I too have all my programs installed on my D drive. THat includes a couple of different versions of Bryce, Poser and Photoshop and have had problems at all, apart from needing to install the redistributal from MS to add the missing 32 bit .dll. when I first installed Bryce 7 on this new win 7 computer.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 June 2013 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  0
Horo - 27 June 2013 01:42 PM

There’s something like partitioning a drive.

I’m a complete computer dummy and need that things work.

Since I started with computers (1980) I never ever encountered issues as some forumites report.

These statements dont equate to each other…..

“Most” people just work out of defaults.

The op has an issue and I gave a suggestion for him to try to eliminate the crash. To state that installation in either of the program files folders on the C drive is “not recomemded/desirable” is incorrect. Thats just a preference. (And there is nothing wrong with that preference)

I guess you would suggest that if he installs bryce on his D drive that would fix his crash? That may do it also, but he would still have to delete the original installation folder.

Posted: 01 October 2013 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1373
Joined  2008-01-01

So glad I came across this while looking for a solution to the same problem smile  If this is a known issue, why does Daz not simply bundle the vcredist with Bryce - or simply put in a short readme?

Anyway, it is working - thanks to you all.

A related question - there are three .exe files that came with the main .exe - do I need to run them as well, or did the installer do that automatically?

2 of 3