Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
A couple of questions about Mimic Pro
Posted: 11 September 2012 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2003-10-09
wendy♥catz - 11 September 2012 09:18 AM

your dmc files should be in program files x86 Daz 3D studio 3, 4 whatever plugins mimic configuration files, depending on what flavours of Daz studio you have installed, also in mimic, I have all my dmc files in a new folder seperate with my music files actually where I can find them!
and my pz2 files!
I have made a seperate runtime folder there with the lot!

T Jaiman - 11 September 2012 10:15 AM

On XP it’s C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzmimic\Configuration_Files

So I guess those come with the plugin included in Daz…

I wonder why the pro installer wasn’t updated with all the dmc’s, as well?

What about Poser users? (If DS4P were to stop being free, would DS4-basic have the mimic plugin?)

i’ve got DS4Pro, which i foolishly bought before they decided to give it away for free. in the plugins folder i’m only seeing .dlls for all my plugins plus a “PowerPose” and “Reality” folder (i normally use Reality for rendering). no mimic folder at all

Posted: 11 September 2012 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8001
Joined  2009-07-13

32 or 64 bit? they are in 32bit, yes even the free version as that only does lipsync though I believe 64bit can use mimic live.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 12 September 2012 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

well, that would explain why i’m not seeing the file

i’ve got the 64 bit version

i’d have thought there must be some way to get the file though. i suppose i could build it myself, but it seems a bit like reinventing the wheel

Posted: 12 September 2012 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Weird. Ticket-worthy… that’s gotta be an oversight. Shouldn’t have to buy a lesser Mimic to get all the configuration files for the higher-end ones.

If I recall correctly, you can have both 32-bit and 64-bit DS4 installed, as long as they are the same version.

But MimicLive is still a plugin, it should show up. Is there just a dll?

I believe MimicLive appeared a few versions, of 4, ago, but I doubt anyone is running a DS4 that old.

If you have DS3A, it has the M4 dmc (but obviously not the Genesis dmc). Dunno about not-advanced.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 12 September 2012 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8153
Joined  2009-06-11

Artzone used to have config file downloads. It’s easy to roll your own see

http://www.willsmind.com/Mphonemetute.htm

Posted: 12 September 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
T Jaiman - 12 September 2012 02:46 AM

Weird. Ticket-worthy… that’s gotta be an oversight. Shouldn’t have to buy a lesser Mimic to get all the configuration files for the higher-end ones.

If I recall correctly, you can have both 32-bit and 64-bit DS4 installed, as long as they are the same version.

I believe MimicLive appeared a few versions, of 4, ago, but I doubt anyone is running a DS4 that old.

If you have DS3A, it has the M4 dmc (but obviously not the Genesis dmc). Dunno about not-advanced.

i bought the standalone version, so i don’t have any plugin folder for MimicPro. i’ve still got DS3A installed, but i can’t see anything there either, certainly not a m4.dmc

ps1borg - 12 September 2012 03:55 AM

Artzone used to have config file downloads. It’s easy to roll your own see

http://www.willsmind.com/Mphonemetute.htm

thanks for that. whether it’s an easy thing to do or not, i don’t think i should have to do it, not for a standard character, for a product that cost $100

*sigh* it’s looking like i’m going to have to do it, though

Posted: 12 September 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

Any chance you have an old machine with 32-bit Studio installed? (Or any other computer you could install it on?).

64-bit and 32-bit Studio will co-exist.*** That is, people run both without problems. DWG, for one. I haven’t googled up official endorsement of it. If the installers were zip..

Support could probably give you the files. If they aren’t too busy, heh.

hieronymous - 12 September 2012 05:41 AM
T Jaiman - 12 September 2012 02:46 AM

i bought the standalone version, so i don’t have any plugin folder for MimicPro. i’ve still got DS3A installed, but i can’t see anything there either, certainly not a m4.dmc

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking, when I wrote some of that. I was sleep deprived, but that’s pretty mangled.

You’d have the 64-bit DS3A, of course, and LipSync was never written to 64-bit.***

MimicLive was in DS4 one time, but you had to buy the serial.*** Probably would’ve had another folder name.

***I checked. I don’t trust my memory.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 12 September 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

ok, i’ve just sat down and created my own.dmc file for m4 from scratch. it wasn’t TOO difficult, although i was fairly miffed that i even had to do it at all. but still, i’ve got one now, and it looks as if it works ok

BUT, now all i want to do is to automatically link it to the associated .cr2 file. in other words when i load M4.CR2 into the “Character File” slot in the Mimic Pro session manager, i want it to automatically load the associated new “M4.DMC” file that i’ve just created into the “Configuration File” slot in the session manager, same as it does for the other characters

so, um, anyone have any ideas how i do that? quite happy to manually edit the dmc files or whatever, but i’ve browsed through a few existing ones and i can’t see anywhere that seems to hold the assocation, so i’m guessing it’s probably held somewhere else

Posted: 12 September 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

ok. never mind. just answered my own question

the relevant info is stored in “OBJ2DMC.INI”

Posted: 12 September 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8001
Joined  2009-07-13

there was a page on the old site with the configuration files for all the Daz originals and other figures.
they seem to have misplaced it
the link was on the mimic page in the store.

you can install the DS4.5 32 bit as well as the 64bit, infact you NEED it for lipsync, the file for M4 has to be in there or lipsync would not work.
you can always unistall it after grabbing the dmc files if you really don’t want it.
but since exporting Genesis as a .duf scene with lipsync works in Carrara, you might want to keep it just for that.

I just looked in the 64 bit
I did not put these here, Mimic pro must have or they came with it
have a look

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
wendy♥catz - 12 September 2012 01:17 PM

there was a page on the old site with the configuration files for all the Daz originals and other figures.
they seem to have misplaced it
the link was on the mimic page in the store.

you can install the DS4.5 32 bit as well as the 64bit, infact you NEED it for lipsync, the file for M4 has to be in there or lipsync would not work.
you can always unistall it after grabbing the dmc files if you really don’t want it.
but since exporting Genesis as a .duf scene with lipsync works in Carrara, you might want to keep it just for that.

I just looked in the 64 bit
I did not put these here, Mimic pro must have or they came with it
have a look

thanks

i’m not intending to install DS4.5 (either flavour) until all the add-ins that i’ve got have been updated to run with it, and i’ve already checked a couple of times for anything related to MimicPro or LipSync in the relevant folders, and found… nada

to be honest it wasn’t a great deal of effort to create an m4.dmc file

it could have been made into a one-click process, of course, because all the software needed to do was to look for any installed visemes in the relevant .cr2 file, look for any expressions, and then just install them in the .dmc file (and as a tiny courtesy, add an entry in the relevant configuration file too). still, the fact that it’s copyrighted from back in 2008, probably tells the story of how much effort’s gone into it recently

hey, i’m sure the next big release will feature GOD RAYS though…oh, and genesis… maybe adam. and eve. and a talking serpent too

2 of 2