Digital Art Zone

I want to end it all, kind of
Posted: 10 September 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2010-07-20

Hi
well actually what i want to do is get myself a brand spanking new version of DS4pro with a virginal content set. In other words start all over.
The reason is that i have screwed things up beyond the powers of my puny brain to repair. If i can get to the point of starting over then i can have a new fresh start.
As usual of course there is a problem. I want to keep the existing, messed up but still usable, with irritation, DS4pro set up that i have and run it alongside the new set up until such time that i am sure the new set up is an adequate replacement.
I think that if i try to download DS4pro again, i wont be able to do so because the existing DS4 will conflict.
Any ideas please

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5859
Joined  2005-08-15

You can’t have two versions of DS4 Pro on the same machine, unless you have a dual boot. (two operating systems)

What is messed up exactly.  The latest version of DS4P has the content as a different installer to the main app.  When you install the latest version it should uninstall the previous version first.

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2010-07-20

Hi
Yeah i thought that was the case. As to whats messed up, i tried with some success to organise my content into some kind of logical arrangement. However i then got a new machine. i use a Mac incidentally, not sure if that is relevant. When i installed DS on the new machine for some reason, probably my error somewhere, a lot of the content was missing. I tried to sort things out by creating a new runtime, well things get really complex i lose track of what i have done, so maybe the best course is for me to start from scratch again. I was hoping i could keep the existing application while i rebuilt my content but it seems not.

Posted: 10 September 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7374
Joined  2007-11-06

If the problem is with content locations rather than the application itself, you CAN have two separate content folders and switch between them using Content Directory Manager.

Signature 

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products
Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club