Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
New to clothing….
Posted: 10 September 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

Still very much a newbie to Daz but getting on slowly and surely with my very first project Lady Godiva, ideally from beginning to end, but now faced with what I assume must be somewhat of a novel clothing issue on both V4 and Genesis ?? Like ummmm….how to remove them then cover everything with hair as I’m stuck with V4 in a red bikini that I haven’t the faintest idea how to remove….!

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16774
Joined  2003-10-09

You need to give your figure a new skin. There are lots of free ones around, or you could buy a character pack. I am not sure if DS has a pose for V4 without the bikin, although I know Poser does.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6944
Joined  2005-08-15

I am not sure what comes with V4 these days, but i thought the Sample_res texture came with it for free, it does not have the Bikini painted on.  You will find it in Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > MATerials Sample-Res.  Make sure that V4 is selected in the Scene tab, and then double click on the icon.  The one you want has NG (no genitals) in the filename.

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Thanks both. Looking at the Bryce landscape at the bottom do they do mediaeval townscapes to simulate Coventry ?

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Not specifically I don’t think, but with good picture references shouldn’t be too hard to simulate. THere are some good medieval buildings in the DAZ 3D store

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=Medieval+Village

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge

Posted: 10 September 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Just what I’m looking for thanks. I’m beginning to see how expensive this could all get too so looks like all future projects will have to be Middle Ages as well !

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, it can be a very expensive hobby.  I would hate to ever add up how much I have spent over the years.

However, as I have been using Bryce since it first came out for the PC I do tend to “build” my onw scenery in it.  This is a village I made, all built in Bryce, using various more invloved tecniques than simple landscaping.  I then add figures to suit

If you are interested, this was my reference for the village

http://www.ihpc.ie/ihpc/main/Enquiry.asp?iPictureID=4677&iTownID=513&iCountyID=12

Image Attachments
Lusk_revisted.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Really interesting well done. Is this all Bryce ?

Besides pencil drawing I do a lot of fiction writing when I get time, and I’ve been wondering lately whether it would be better to insert/ weave pics like yours above into suitable places in the text rather than long laborious drawings ? Could text be flowed around Daz/Bryce pics instead ?

Edit sorry just read it was all in Bryce - very interesting and atmospheric !

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Not sure about that, although you can render in bryce, and then create a render mask to only include pasrts of the image.

For me, once I have created the snee, I then add 3d figures to it, to make a complete image, but then I am image driven more than word driven. THe words often inspre an image, but haven’t doen anu illstrative writing sine my Grandkids got too old for fairytales.

ANother variant on the village

Image Attachments
lusk.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Impressive ! How long did it take ?

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
JimmyC_2009 - 10 September 2012 06:28 AM

I am not sure what comes with V4 these days, but i thought the Sample_res texture came with it for free, it does not have the Bikini painted on.  You will find it in Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > MATerials Sample-Res.  Make sure that V4 is selected in the Scene tab, and then double click on the icon.  The one you want has NG (no genitals) in the filename.

I found the NG ok but couldn’t tell from the pic or afterwards if it was V4 or Genesis. Does it matter ?

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Marcuse - 10 September 2012 10:05 AM

Impressive ! How long did it take ?

You really wouldn’t want to know.  Brycers get used to things taking their time. That is actually several different renders layered using the layer mask, as my PC is not very powerful. Whne my new PC is delivered, and all set up I will try another render using the village and see how long it will take

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2010-10-10

What beautiful images Chohole. The winter one would make a lovely Christmas card.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, now to get the thread back on to the real topic,  Marcuse did you manage to find a way of getting rid of that wretched purple bikini ?

If you are using genesis with the V4 uv map, then it doesn’t matter if you use a V4 skin.

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
chohole - 10 September 2012 01:45 PM

Thanks, now to get the thread back on to the real topic,  Marcuse did you manage to find a way of getting rid of that wretched purple bikini ?

If you are using genesis with the V4 uv map, then it doesn’t matter if you use a V4 skin.

Lol no still stuck with it however I need to use just V4 because some of the long hair packages are quite old, however I’d forgotten the skins idea and found some interesting free stuff but haven’t had a chance to understand them yet. As long as the skin colour is the same as the NG one that’d be fine.

What’s a V4 uv map sounds interesting….

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  259
Joined  2010-07-20

I may be wrong but i dont think anyone mentioned it and i am a little worried about offering advice from my position of extreme dimness, but here goes. You may find that you can use a background that possibly would create the effect you want. In Daz go to edit and then backdrop. You then get a window like the one in the attachment click on browse and you can open any image on your machine and use it as a backdrop. There are lots of free stock images on Deviant art that are available for personal use. The link for DA is here
http://www.deviantart.com

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-09-10_at_22.35_.24_.png

1 of 2