Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
DAZ CLOTHING TOOL
Posted: 14 September 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2012-09-08

Thank so much admin for your explaining and i thank all members who tried and still helping me out…....and just for the records,i have daz 4.5 (best tool i ever had) and photoshop cs5(all plugins),zbrush,wings,marvelous designer,gimp,paint,makehuman,meshlab and many others,i am using more than 20 tool because i’m in the progress of creating a cgi movie….yes,when you read this the first thing in your minds will be (he will never do it) believe me or not,i created the soryline,characters,props,enviroments just i got pinned with clothes…......i hope that daz studio create a plugin for marvelous designer or a tool for daz can create clothes just like MD…...
My movie will hit the world of 3d….........just wait till 2014…......i will call it:

BLACK

Posted: 15 September 2012 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2004-07-01
aminrouge - 14 September 2012 11:42 PM

Thank so much admin for your explaining and i thank all members who tried and still helping me out…....and just for the records,i have daz 4.5 (best tool i ever had) and photoshop cs5(all plugins),zbrush,wings,marvelous designer,gimp,paint,makehuman,meshlab and many others,i am using more than 20 tool because i’m in the progress of creating a cgi movie….yes,when you read this the first thing in your minds will be (he will never do it) believe me or not,i created the soryline,characters,props,enviroments just i got pinned with clothes…......i hope that daz studio create a plugin for marvelous designer or a tool for daz can create clothes just like MD…...
My movie will hit the world of 3d….........just wait till 2014…......i will call it:

BLACK

with all those programs - if you don’t just ............

good luck

Posted: 15 September 2012 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15651
Joined  2003-10-09

You could use marvellous Designer to make your clothes around the zeroed figure, then import those into DAZ Studio and use the Transfer utility to rig them. Then use ZBrush as needed to create morphs, and a mix of ZBrush polypainting and Photoshop for texturing.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 September 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
Richard Haseltine - 15 September 2012 05:37 AM

You could use marvellous Designer to make your clothes around the zeroed figure, then import those into DAZ Studio and use the Transfer utility to rig them. Then use ZBrush as needed to create morphs, and a mix of ZBrush polypainting and Photoshop for texturing.

Another way would be, instead of using Zbrush to do the morphs use a cloth sim in Blender and export the frames from the animation to use as the morphs…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-09-08

You can’t use Blender Shrinkwrap, because it works. Daz has forbidden tools that work. However, might I suggest Sculptris for your Morphs. It’s one of the easiest Sculpting software to use and is great for morphs. Also, Blender does have a nice cloth Simulation. Put Collision on your person model, put Cloth Sim on your Clothing Item, hit Alt+A and watch the magic happen (or go have lunch, it’s kinda slow) . As far as initial Geometry, I like Wings3D. Just export a low-poly Genesis (any shape) from Daz Studio, import into Wings3D and lock it, then start with a cube and model away. For scale you can use the Lighwave setting, it works great. Just make sure to use it for both export and import.

Posted: 15 September 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2003-10-09

There is a tutorial for this on Youtube and I did it. There is a free script that must be loaded into your Daz Studio content and its available in the Marvelous Designer stree stuff. You also must have the animation plugin for Marvelous Designer. You can create a clothing object in Marvelous designer but keep in mind the actual drape and dynamic is done in Marvelous Designer (MD), not Daz.  In Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, you create your animation using the figure of your choice.  Once you get it the way you want it, you export your figure and it’s animation as a collada object then import it into MD.  You can follow the tutorial for the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rrKlZ3XAC4&list=FLeNgJvtAwQeMWfOkLELXWrg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I followed the instructions and was able to get a a dynamic skirt animation back into Daz Studio.  See my results in my vid on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-FXUsU4T0

This process is not as easy as just being able to do a drape using the Optitex dynamic clothing but at least you can make your own stuff and animate it.

Posted: 17 September 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-08

Hi…......again,i tried what richard said but as always….daz don’t import the textures and i don’t even know why?and i follow your way jaebea,this is the fastest way for me(so far)thanks for your help…....i need something new now!can anyone tell me a good and fast tool to create my own animations like jumping,shooting,running…..you know the rest…i don’t want to see my figures running like call of duty characters,you saw them right?and thanks for you all…..i really like you guys and if i can help you with something just ask,thanks again.

Posted: 17 September 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2003-10-09

There are lots of aniblocks and Poser mocap packs to start with here.  Here a couple of them:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sci-fi-moves-volume-two
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/animate-martial-arts-for-m4-bundle

Lots of tutorials on how to use aniMate2 on Youtube.

Posted: 18 September 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-08

Thanks again…....i really appreciate your help for me,if you need anything at all just ask .
Have a good dazing people….....

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

If you are looking to create a dynamic clothing model, then the only way is Optitex or hire someone with the program, to my knowledge.

DAZ does not have a cloth simulator that allows you to CREATE items with clothing dynamics, but there is a cloth simulator that allows you to USE clothing items made by DAZ, Optitex and Martin.

Poser does, I believe, have this. You may want to check that or splurg on the Optitex program if you seek to make clothing with cloth dynamics. If you DO buy the program, you could make up some of the money just making clothing products for DAZ. smile

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 25 September 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2003-10-09

You have to assign the textures to the model after you bring the OBJ it into DS.  If you have UV-mapped the model, the textures should apply correctly in DS or any other app that reads UV’s. 

1. go to the scene tab
2. select your obj
3. go to the shader tab
4. select a surface - or - the default surface of the object, it depends on whether you have defined multiple surfaces
5. load your textures into the color, bump, transparency and other channels, whichever you need

Now it should show your textures. 

Then use the transfer tool to make it fit the figure.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

2 of 2