Digital Art Zone

5 of 27
Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven
Posted: 27 September 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

I think you’d need to delete a load of stuff from the imported model before you add the soft-body modifier, and it would take a while to process, but yes, It’ll flatten with gravity and the right soft-body settings. even without a weight dropping . wink

Posted: 27 September 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2011-01-13

LOL. I tried messing around with what Barry described. I made a 4x7x1ft mattress in the modelk room and added soft body to it. I honestly have no idea what happened. Even with the scene gravity on or off and Bounce at 0, Faaaaaat Vicky (with no softbody) was tossed off the bed into the air, flipped over to land on her stomach and slid off the end of the mattreas head first.

It was weird and kinda funny. And no, i couldn’t fix it. So i’m back to harnessing the power of the Forces.

Signature 

I’m too stubborn to quit.

Posted: 27 September 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2011-07-31

Jacob, I could just see that and am laughing like crazy.  I needed a bit of cheering up and you did it again, my friend.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 27 September 2012 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Glad I could help. smile Did you figure out the browser yet?

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Andy, can you actually “write” and make scribbles wrth particles like in this video?
\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7652
Joined  2009-07-13

well DT did when I only just started 3D by that upload date!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 28 September 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1012
Joined  2007-04-08

Ah I didn’t think of magnets, thanks Andy. 

My lovely partner wants to buy me a prezzy, so I’m thinking of getting Carrara 8 Pro.  I’ve asked if there’s a direct upgrade path from 6 Pro since that’s the only version I’ve got registered with Daz, even though I’ve got an unregistered 7 Pro.

Obviously I’d like to wait ‘til 8.5 Pro comes out, but that’s not out until “Soon” so I’ll probably have retired by then anyway.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 28 September 2012 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

There used to be an upgrade to C8Pro, but I can’t find it anymore.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7652
Joined  2009-07-13

my 7pro was off a mag disc, they never even questioned my upgrade to 8pro.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 28 September 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
wendy♥catz - 28 September 2012 03:05 AM

my 7pro was off a mag disc, they never even questioned my upgrade to 8pro.

That’s interesting, and something I can try.

I did ask if they could possibly pleasyweasy register it without proof of purchase, but in all honesty if I was in their place I would refuse that!

Still, I can try to upgrade and if they question my prior purchase I can always take it on the chin and not upgrade.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08

Actually I can’t even find a way to upgrade!

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI All smile

Barry smile
the upgrade options are something that’s been discussed at length in the Carrara forum, and, (I think) there’s still no solution.
(As far as I know) it’s an issue with how the new store works. 

You can contact Daz and they can sort out an upgrade for you, but,...
unless it’s something you Need to do right now,.. I’d wait a while, until there’s an announcement on C8.5, because there’s usually a sale / special offer thing, at that time to entice existing users to upgrade,.. and at that point I think they’ll NEED to have an upgrade option in the store.

As for C7, ..Daz should be able to sort that out for you, since it was available (free) on a Mag coverdisk.
there should also be no problem upgrading to C8,... I’s technically not an “Upgrade”.. It’s a completely different program, (C8 pro is also 64 bit)  ..so it’s not required to have C7 installed.. to install C8.

smile

Jacob, smile
Yes, you can write with particles, and create lot’s of random ambient patterns. plus, particles can also be carrara objects like fog or fire, or custom objects you’ve made, like tomato’s smile

do a you tube search for “Carrara Particles”

Age of Armour, and Dimension Theory have some great particle examples and tut’s

smile

Posted: 28 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
3DAGE - 28 September 2012 07:27 AM

HI All smile

Barry smile
the upgrade options are something that’s been discussed at length in the Carrara forum, and, (I think) there’s still no solution.
(As far as I know) it’s an issue with how the new store works. 

You can contact Daz and they can sort out an upgrade for you, but,...
unless it’s something you Need to do right now,.. I’d wait a while, until there’s an announcement on C8.5, because there’s usually a sale / special offer thing, at that time to entice existing users to upgrade,.. and at that point I think they’ll NEED to have an upgrade option in the store.

As for C7, ..Daz should be able to sort that out for you, since it was available (free) on a Mag coverdisk.
there should also be no problem upgrading to C8,... I’s technically not an “Upgrade”.. It’s a completely different program, (C8 pro is also 64 bit)  ..so it’s not required to have C7 installed.. to install C8.

smile

Jacob, smile
Yes, you can write with particles, and create lot’s of random ambient patterns. plus, particles can also be carrara objects like fog or fire, or custom objects you’ve made, like tomato’s smile

do a you tube search for “Carrara Particles”

Age of Armour, and Dimension Theory have some great particle examples and tut’s

smile

I don’t need 8Pro yet, as such, I just want to be current.  But I see your point about the waiting game.
What surprises me is that this new site software even got used.  It’s been a long time since it was implemented and we’re still not up to where we were with the old one held together with chewing gum.  Clearly it’s not Daz’ fault, as there are regular improvements, but honestly, if something didn’t do what I wanted I wouldn’t use it.

The particle thing interests me a lot because I want to make fantasy based renders, and often dragons are known to breathe fire, and faeries are magical, and mages cast spells, and… oh I don’t need to continue, you get the message.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I’ve looked at a lot of particle vids on youtube, but I haven’t seen anything about tracing the letters yet.

Signature 

Posted: 28 September 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

OH, you mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFxGFPoyXXc

AoA and DT FTW!

Signature 

5 of 27