23 of 27
Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven
Posted: 18 August 2013 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6151
Joined  2007-12-04
LightofHeaven - 18 August 2013 06:59 PM

I wasn’t reallty thinking fluid. More like fireworks exploding one ater the other from the same point.. Or likuew whatever’s takiung pliace at, like, 0:20 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded

Sorry, my sight isn’t the best. lol

Yes, you have it right. Carrara certainly has all of the power and facility that you need to do this stuff - and particles is an incredibly popular method - because it’s such a versatile and (I know I keep using this word) powerful. One of the really great features we have in the particles emitters is the “Facing Camera” particle - which then you simply use a flat texture to determine the output appearance. You can the set the shader to act by particle, and then you have a choice of the particles age or… etc.,
In this way you may use a color gradient who’s place along the gradient is determined by particle, and what portion of the particle you select to control it - like age, for my example since I cannot recall of hand the others.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 18 August 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5403
Joined  2006-08-27

I wasn’t reallty thinking fluid. More like fireworks exploding one ater the other from the same point.. Or likuew whatever’s takiung pliace at, like, 0:20 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded

Well, going by your previous post, it wasn’t fireworks behavior that you described, it was fluid behavior. confused

For the fireworks like effect you’re asking about in this post, have you tried any of the settings in the particle emitters’ Advanced tab under Spawning? You can select the spawning at either collisions or age, but not both. There’s even a check box to allow spawning of spawned particles. I would use that with caution though, as it could quickly bog down your system.

Good luck!

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 18 August 2013 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2011-01-13
Dartanbeck - 18 August 2013 07:15 PM

I know that many Carrara users and faithful CG FX artists scorn me when I say this, but I’ve often thought that, whith the power of Carrara’s texture room being able to really manipulate appearances, Nerd3d’s Slash Tool and/or other fun effects products from Nerd3d might be just what the doctor ordered. I am going to be working on a new method of fluids for Carrara VERY soon. It’s one of the next things on my list. No… it won’t be ‘true’ fluid physics simulation. But rather, a great way of simulating moving fluids in your renders. I’ve been studying for this for quite some time.

Anyways, I haven’t messed with them for some time now… but Nerd3d’s effects tools for Poser are really well made products - hence my recommending trying them. I have The Waterfall Tool and the Thunder River and Tropical Cove sets that go with it and the effects of the waterfall tool are really cool! Plus the river in Thunder River contains special morphs - then you go to Nerd3d’s website (as noted in the ReadMe, I believe) to pick up the pose files to make the river flow during animation shots, and also placement/scaling poses for the waterfall tool - makes it line up perfectly in all of the locations within thunder river that were made to use it. Really well thought out - and again, with the power of Carrara’s Texture room… wink

Also have the Rain Tool which contains buckets of falling rain drop with a master control object for animating them and setting up their behaviors and shapes, etc., and then another tool that makes the splashes on the ground. To round out the effect, he gives you more isolated drops and splashes that you can add to individual surfaces - when a whole broadcast effect wouldn’t be the way to go. Again, master controls… really cool!

Embarrassingly enough, I don’t have any more of his ‘effects’ products - an overlooked problem that I think I shall soon rectify when Rosie gives me another allowance! smile Because the splash tool, spray tool, footprints tool, and others are certainly items that I’ve been wanting to add to my arsenal!

Have you seen this? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/10339/

Never tried it, but it has “real” fluids, IU think.

evilproducer - 18 August 2013 07:23 PM

Well, going by your previous post, it wasn’t fireworks behavior that you described, it was fluid behavior. confused

For the fireworks like effect you’re asking about in this post, have you tried any of the settings in the particle emitters’ Advanced tab under Spawning? You can select the spawning at either collisions or age, but not both. There’s even a check box to allow spawning of spawned particles. I would use that with caution though, as it could quickly bog down your system.

Good luck!

Sorry, I’m not always good at explaining things. lol. Just to clear it up, the effect I was trying to describe is the repetitive outward push of particles in all directions from a single point.  I tried an emitter with a point force set to a negative number that increases and decreases, but i jussssssst couldn’t figure it out.

I’ve never treied spawning. I’m not een sure how it works. Gonna messa with it now.i

Signature 

I’m too stubborn to quit.

Posted: 19 August 2013 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I did it! Er…no, I didn’t…

Using spawning, I managed to make a niucely shaped thingy. But it seems like it just appears instead of exploding outward. And even with collision enabled, it doesn’t seem to hit my plane

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2013 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7642
Joined  2009-07-13

I moved your keyframe to end and eased out the tweener 0-79%

Image Attachments
loh.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 20 August 2013 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Sneaky keyframe!

Thanks, that’s better than what i renderedjjjjjjjjj.

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2013 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2011-07-31

Happy to see that you’re still learning, Jacob.  Keep at it.  Now you do one and let us see it.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 20 August 2013 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Anne, you can see a vid o my messed up on in my FB group.

Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Here’s a new one…

Image Attachments
atest2.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 20 August 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I Still find it crappy. Back to fiddling.

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2013 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I’m bored, so in yo’ face. :D

Image Attachments
srtar.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2013 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

For Jacob in reference to Skype post
C8.1

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 05 September 2013 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

C8.5

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 01 October 2013 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

a quick emotiguy skin texture for you
and a better one
America in front below

Image Attachments
earth.jpgDoc4.pngDoc5.png
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 01 October 2013 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Cool, but shouldn’t the shadowed part of the texture be, like, neutralized?

Signature 

23 of 27