Digital Art Zone

7 of 10
DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script
Posted: 22 April 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13401
Joined  2003-10-09

Line 62 has loaded the DSON file and is asking DS to turn the text into usable data - presumably for some reason it’s failing to do so.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 May 2013 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2009-08-28
Richard Haseltine - 01 June 2012 04:16 PM

With the Content Library showing the folder you want to work on, under DAZ Studio Formats, run the script (File>Merge, though if you use it a lot it may be worth making it a custom action and adding it to a menu). Pick the file or files that give the error (usual system - click to seelct one file, ctrl/cmd-click to add another single file, shift-click to select a range). Click Accept. That should do the job - try reloading the content to make sure the Duplicate IDs error has gone.

How does one make this custom action?

Posted: 01 May 2013 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Find the script in the Content Library pane (that is, go to the folder you placed it in) and right-click on it, then from the menu select Create Custom Action. That will add a Scripts menu between Window and help, if it isn’t already there, and place the Fix Duplicate IDs script in it.

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2013 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

OK, thanks, it came up

Posted: 06 May 2013 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2006-03-31

I have been reading through this thread and there are a lot of questions that are being answered specifically, but I am lost as I have tried to piecemeal this into a start-to-finish method.
So:

Could someone please list the individual steps, from A to Z, on how to solve this duplicate IDs problem?

Also, if you have a step like “make it a custom action”, could you please list that as well?

Also, also, I am very confused on this whole scripting issue. It has been a long time since I have tried my hand at this and the language was very different back then. Can anyone tell me where to get a good tutorial on script writing for Studio?

Thanks.

Signature 

Forget world peace…
    visualize using your turn signal!

Posted: 06 May 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Unzip the script to a folder in one of your content directories that isn’t in Runtime, Data or Readme’s.

In DS, open the Content Library pane, go to the folder you placed the script in and right-click on it, then from the menu select Create Custom Action. That will add a Scripts menu between Window and Help, if it isn’t already there, and place the Fix Duplicate IDs script in it.

When you try loading a piece of content that gives the Duplicate IDs error, ideally go to the folder that holds it in the Content Library pane Under DAZ Studio Formats. Then click on the script’s entry in the main Scripts menu. If you were using the Content Library pane it should show the folder with the problem file(s). Select the file or files that give the alert, using ctrl (cmd on Mac) to add the second and subsequent files, and click Accept/Load.

That should be it - try reloading the content from the Content Library (or Smart Content) and see if it loads without error.

——————————————————————————————————————

As for scripting, look in general at Javascript and for the DS version at the examples and the DS3 scripting docs which are available on pages reached from http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/start

Signature 

Posted: 06 May 2013 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-31

Thanks Richard, I knew was missing a step there somewhere.

Ok, so I tried to load Genesis and I got the Dup ID Error.

I went to the log and found this message:
Duplicate id “Lindsay” found in file “/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/FWArt/Lindsay/Lindsay.dsf”

So, I went to the Content panel for Genesis, I was already there, and I clicked on Genesis.

Then I ran the script from the Scripts menu.

As per the log, I navigated to: data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/FWArt/Lindsay/

I selected Lindsay.dsf and clicked OK

Now I get a “Failed to open files” error that says:
“Error processing C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\FWArt\Lindsay\Lindsay.dsf”

Is this normal?

I tried to load Genesis again, and got the same error.

Lindsay is a morph injection and should have nothing to do with the basic Genesis figure, should it?

Signature 

Forget world peace…

Posted: 07 May 2013 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Don’t use the script on Genesis - the figure is OK, so there’s a problem with that morph which this won’t fix. What you do when the script is applicable is select the file or files you double-click in the content pane, not the hidden data folder files - the script will find those itself (and that’s probably why it failed here).

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-31

I see.
Well, I haven’t used Lindsay since I acquired it, so I deleted it and the problem went away.

I haven’t had any other issues as of yet, so it may be that the Lindsay File was created incorrectly or was corrupted.

If I run across any other Dups I will use the process and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Signature 

Forget world peace…

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Are there any other ways to fix the Dup ID?

I have free content for Genesis, and the script can’t seem to fix them all.

Would a resave solve the issue?

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22
Vata Raven - 14 May 2013 10:49 PM

Are there any other ways to fix the Dup ID?

I have free content for Genesis, and the script can’t seem to fix them all.

Would a resave solve the issue?

YEP! I do it all the time. I save them out as ItemFixed and then remove the ID error version.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Can you please give more detail on the steps?

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1597
Joined  2012-09-16

Hmm, since 4.6 I get a duplicate id’s message. But I only get it with Genesis figures but also on the base genesis figure. I re-installed all of Genesis and tried the script, but no luck so far.
What I do is:
Select figure in content tab+ Scripts=> Fix duplicate id’s=> select the figure.dsf file

When I try to reload the figure I still get the error. But that’s because I think the error lies with the genesis base as well, but the script won’t fix the base either.
Am I missing something?

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-31

I think that is a separate issue with the same error message. A lot of people (used to) get that, me too, with genesis. New updates in Studio have corrected that issue, though.

EDIT: See Richards post # 108 in this thread for the correct explanation of what it does.

Signature 

Forget world peace…

Posted: 22 June 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1597
Joined  2012-09-16

Aaah, I understand what it does a bit better now.
But so far I had no luck in eliminating any duplicate id’s errors, no matter what figure I try the script on :(
Or do I need to erase all the errors before the message will stop appearing?

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

7 of 10