Digital Art Zone

4 of 10
DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script
Posted: 21 September 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-08-31

I don’t understand the script.
I start the script and than I must select a dsf-file. In the readme stands: “Don’t directly select files in the \data folder”
Which file must I select?
For example:
My message in the log is: Duplicate id “B25Leotard1” found in file “/data/Bobbie25/B25BW/B25Leotard/B25Leotard1.dsf”
I found this dsf-file in the data folder. There is no other dsf-file.

Is there any description for the problems:
- Unsupported formula
- Could not find target property for formula
- Duplicate formula

Nobody can thing that we will get for all items updates!!

Posted: 21 September 2012 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5346
Joined  2008-03-06

You select the clothing dsf from People/Genesis instead of from data.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 21 September 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15775
Joined  2003-10-09

If you run the script with File>Merge, or as a custom action, and you have the problem items showing in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats then the script wills tart in the folder that holds them and you need only select the items that need fixing.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 30 November 2012 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-09-17

Thanks. It works fine. grin

Posted: 10 December 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-11-08

Hello
As a Newbie and non english , i can ensure everybody that the script it’s really easy to use and it works great !
Just a long process dependig on how many things you have.
Anyway as was said just i put the sript in my libray script.
Then browsed in Mylubrary\People\genesis and found all items that created ID error so i selcted them pressed Ok then it worked again perfectly.
I did it for Chlothing and Hair
So if you have a large libray my advice it’s to keep the script inside mylibray\scripts then when you will going to use something and it will have this error run the script if you don’f find the object just search for it by typing the name with windows search select it press ok and it will be fixed.
This just to avoid to spend all day to fix everthing.

Thanks so much again for providing the sript

Kinds Regards
Jack

Signature 

I beg you pardon for my english

Posted: 24 December 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2011-11-29

Richard,

While the script works well on a lot of content, there are still items for which it doesn’t seem to work. For example, eblank’s excellent J_Dress still generates an error even after I’ve run the script. I noticed when I run the script on the item, I don’t get the “watch” icon that usually indicates the script is working. Here is the log:

Loaded file: J_Dress.dsf
Duplicate id “J_Dress” found in file “/data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf”
WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
File loaded in 0 min 8.6 sec.
Loaded file: J_Dress.dsf

The dress seems to work perfectly otherwise. Do you have any suggestions for removing the Duplicate ID error?

MrWizard1024

Image Attachments
Figure_in_eblanks_J_Dress.jpg

Posted: 24 December 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

There are two or three items that I had to fix manually for one reason or another - one of which was very strange (it had two dsf files in the data folder, both of which seemed to be used). I don’t have that dress - if it’s a freebie, do you have a link so I can look at it?

Signature 

Posted: 25 December 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-29

Here’s a picture of the dresses in the set.  It was item 57172 on sharecg, but it doesn’t seem to be there now. I’ll send you the zip file in a private message.

Many thanks for your helping to fix this.

MrWizard1024

Image Attachments
Genesis_Dress.jpg

Posted: 27 December 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-29

Richard Haseltine found the solution to this problem. The solution to the problem was to use the Batch Convert feature (menu Windows -> Panes -> Batch Convert) to decompress the .dsf files in both the Content Directory (e.g., /My Library/People/Genesis/Clothing/J_Shirt) and the corresponding file in the /data folder (e.g., /My Library/data/Author/Product/J_Shirt). Then I ran the Fix Duplicate IDs script, and the file now loads fine without an error.

Many, many thanks to Richard Haseltine at DAZ for working on this over his Christmas holiday.

MrWizard1024

Posted: 29 December 2012 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2085
Joined  0

Rich…I clicked the 4shared link you provided, signed in, clicked download…and I got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up.

Image Attachments
WebAttack1.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hmm, it may have been an ad on the page rather than the isntaller, but I will check as far as I can.

Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Didn’t get an issue just now, and I use Norton too - I would definitely suspect an ad that slipped some malware though the checks.

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2009-03-31

I too am having trouble with Duplicate IDs relating to the Leotard. I have waded thru this thread for the solution and have to admit defeat; it is all way over my head.

I did, however, notice a comment to the effect that this problem has now probably been corrected and one would need to reset , re-download and re-install the original product. I searched through my Order History with great difficulty; it is not possible to search on the Product code. What made matters worse is that the product description on the Reade Me does not tally with the description in the Order history.

Notwithstanding, I did manage to re-download and, with eager anticipation, I re-installed the Basic Wear for Gen.

I am still being told that there are Duplicate IDs! blank stare

Posted: 02 February 2013 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

If there’s a product like that, with the latest version giving errors, please make a bug report to bugs.daz3d.com in the Content list (it’s a separate system so you will need to register, if you haven’t previously).

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2013 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-12-12

I am having problem trying to fix the duplicate ID error on SAV’s Dragon Hair. I run the script as a custom action, selecting the hair file located at My Library/People/Genesis/Hair/SAV/Dragonladyhair but it does not fix the duplicate ID error. The log shows this:

DEBUG: Script starting
WARNING: Script Error: Line 62
WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
WARNING: Stack Trace:
<anonymous>()@:62
Duplicate id “SAVDragonLHair_Gen” found in file “/data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf”
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
File loaded in 0 min 7.6 sec.
Loaded file: DragonLHair.dsf

Signature 

Specs: Win7 x64 • Gigabyte GTX 570 • Gigabyte P45T-ES3G • Intel Core2 Quad 3.0ghz • 16gb Ram
Click For My Rendo Gallery Old Post Count 910

4 of 10