Digital Art Zone

9 of 10
DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script
Posted: 01 July 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2007-09-27

Thanks for the heads up will get an update out at Rendo. Never encountered that error. Any idea what causes it on file creation?

Posted: 01 July 2013 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

Was the Gwenyth.dsf morph created by GenX?  Or Studio itself?  Just grasping at straws here.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 01 July 2013 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14442
Joined  2003-10-09

DS 4.5. and later shouldn’t create duplicate IDs, but older versions didn’t enforce uniqueness (or even valid IDs at all judging by some content I saw when writing the script).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 02 July 2013 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4547
Joined  2004-08-11

Seems I’ve run into two Dup ID’s, probably this past update (DIM yesterday had about 30 Genesis products that had updates available. 

The two that are giving me grief are high lighted in the image below….

Image Attachments
DupID-FlirtingMaculine-PHM-LR.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 July 2013 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Those will give you duplicate formula errors, but they should have been doing so all along in 4.5 (and later 4.1, as I recall). They are the old files from the Genesis Evolution Expressions, which won’t be overwritten by the new versions. If you had an update for that set and it reintroduced the bad files then that needs reporting.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hi Richard.

Thanks for the reply. 

So then all 4 of those files as well as the Feminine files can be deleted or just the PHM’s and leave the CTRL’s intact??

I’m at work right now so can’t send in a report at this time…

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 July 2013 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m pretty sure you can remove the whole folder, the updated Genesis Evolution Expressions are elsewhere.

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2013 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hmm, OK… I’ll have a looksee when I get home tonight

Thanks Richard!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 19 November 2013 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2004-12-22

I am just having trouble loading the Genesis figure, but I have updated everything.

Duplicate id “FawneEars” found in file “/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Silver/Fawne/FawneEars.dsf” Fawn ears   I think I can take care of the duplicate ID, but I also get a bunch of Evolution morph errors.  Some of the characters requiring the Evolution morphs are working either.

example:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5169): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlLeft.dsf#PHMSnarlLeft?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5SnarlLeft.dsf

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5169): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlLeft.dsf#PHMSnarlLeft?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5HdSnarlLeft.dsf

Any idea on how to get rid of these?  I have tried re-installing the latest versions of the Evolution Morphs.

Posted: 19 November 2013 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

My script wasn’t written to handle morphs, I’m afraid, so it won’t help with the Fawne ears.

The other messages are harmless - it just means you don’t have the Genesis Evolution expressions, so the link to the correction morph for V5 (a morph that kicks in if both V5 and the expression are set, to deal with what would otherwise be a problem area) isn’t being made. Since the connection isn’t made, the unneeded morph won’t do anything - you can ignore messages like that.

Signature 

Posted: 19 November 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2004-12-22

Thanks for letting me know.  Now I won’t worry about those.  Not sure how to deal with the Fawne ears, but I will see if I can figure it out.

Posted: 03 January 2014 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2005-09-30
cwichura - 01 July 2013 08:31 AM

Edit the Gwenyth.dsf file.  At the very end of the file, change the “id” from “Gwenyth” to “Gwenyth_0”.

Bless you, cwichura - I just found this post and was able to correct my Genesis Duplicate IDs!  Thank you for posting the solution!!

Posted: 27 February 2014 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  879
Joined  2008-04-29

Does this script still work in the latest version of DS 4.6? I have a couple of items that still have duplicate ids, installed through DIM so should be OK, but they aren’t. Anyway, I ran script on them 2 or 3 times. The little hourglass ran like it was working, but still have the message when I try to load. MFD Train Exp 2 is one of them. Everything else in that package is OK.

Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 28 February 2014 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Is that supplied as a .dsf or a .duf file? I haven’t had occasion to use the script for a while now so I don’t know if there’s a breakage - but it had a few cases where it failed anyway, because of an unusual set up of the content, and that may be what you are seeing here. Check the log to see what the issue is - it should tell you the actual ID that is duplicated there.

Signature 

Posted: 12 March 2014 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-09-11

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Richard Haseltine and static drifter !!
Thanks to this script i just could fix a prop !

Best Regards !

(daz 4.5 - hair of renderosity)

Many thanks for the other advices, too !

9 of 10