Digital Art Zone

Is there a way to Zero materials?
Posted: 09 September 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

There is a way to zero shape and pose but is there a simple one-button solution for removing all textures, materials, shaders, etc from a model?

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 09 September 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

It would seem you could make a zeroed out shader that you could apply, though I haven’t tried it yet myself.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 09 September 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3418
Joined  2009-08-05

Load blank genesis, click save as depreciated - material preset. You now have a blank material canvas. Works well to remove any texture loaded on a figure. If depreciated doesn’t work save as a normal material preset. So far I have not had any issues with depreciated.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 09 September 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2003-10-09

Load empty genesis without materials and save as MATERIAL PRESET in the same folder as genesis so next time just with 1 click you will erase all materials , it will works also for any other figures and not just genesis ..
I wish there was a button to reset the materials in the Surface tab , before there was something like apply standard blank shader but now I can’t find it anymore

RKane_1 - 09 September 2012 09:38 AM

There is a way to zero shape and pose but is there a simple one-button solution for removing all textures, materials, shaders, etc from a model?

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2003-10-09

Actually, you should zero a single material surface, then save it as a Shader Preset. You then select all materials on any figure or prop and apply it.

If you save a Material Preset, it will only apply to materials with the same names as the model you saved. A Shader Preset can be applied to any selected material(s).

mac

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Thank you, everyone!

Maclean?

Would you be so kind as to walk me through that step by step?

I am sorry, I am QUITE new to shaders and want to make sure to get it right.

Thanks so much for your help! smile

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 11 September 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2003-10-09

A Shader Preset is simply a single material, as opposed to a Materials Preset which is multiple materials. Shader Presets can be applied to any selected material(s), regardless of name, whereas a Material Preset will only apply to materials with the same name(s).

So, for example, if you save a Materials Preset for a human figure, it will only work on another figure with those materials. That’s why I said saving a Shader Preset is better. You can apply it to any materials at all, no matter what names they have, and it will work on human figures, buildings, props, etc.

To save a preset
1. Select any prop or figure.
2. Select any material on it (in the Surfaces pane).
3. Set up the material the way you want it (white or whatever)
4. Go to the Save menu (in the content pane) and choose Shader Preset, then name it.

To apply a preset
1. Select a prop or figure.
2. Select the material(s) you want to affect. (To select more than one material, hold down CTRL and click their names)
3. Apply the Shader Preset you saved

Note that you can also choose to save a Custom Preset in the dialog. That means you could (for example), only choose to affect the Diffuse Color by making it white, but leave all the other settings unchanged. That would leave things like Bump maps in place. To do that, just choose Custom, expand the channels and only check the ones you want to affect.

mac

Posted: 11 September 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

maclean? You rock. Over and out. smile

Signature