Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
DAZ|Studio 4.5 wont’ save .DUF
Posted: 15 September 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-01-14

yes what I do is open a file that is a daz file and make some changes then save it. It save fine . say it is a file of a room scean. then I open a diffrent .daz file of a person and make changes also, then merge the .duf of the original room with changes to the daz of the person. now I hit save and since it is a .daz file it askes me for a name. I select the .duf file of the room and it askes if I wish to overwrite i say yes. it dose its thing and then i hit new. wait for the scene to clear and then open.  I select the .duf I just saved and when it opens none of the things I just merged into it were saved.

I hope that maks things a little clearer.

Signature 

“We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.”

Orson Welles

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2010-01-14

I will try that but it will take a few minutes I just reinstalled daz 4.0 so i could work today. i will have to reinstall 4.5

Signature 

“We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.”

Orson Welles

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7082
Joined  2005-08-15

I would merge the DAZ file into the DUF file, rather than the other way about, although I just tried this and it makes no difference to me.

When you get the merged scene the way you want it, don;t save it with the same name, use a different name, say add ‘_1’ or ‘_2’ to the end of the filename.  When I am creating a scene file, I save it quite often, but si save it incrementally, that is to say, I save each one with an incremented number, so taht I can go back to any previous version of the scene.  It is not a great idea to overwrite scene files anyway as a general rule.

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2010-01-14

I’m trying that as we speak

Signature 

Orson Welles

Posted: 15 September 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2010-01-14

yes merging a .daz to a .duf works. but for some reason the other way around will not on this machine. go figure.

I have one more small problem that you might be able to help with. if not its not to bad to deal with.

in one of my .daz scenes i have a room with many props i have all props parented to the room so if i need to move the room to a new location to fit it to something else it all moves as one. when save this room as a .duf the light fixtures end up moved to a new location but the parameters numbers say it is in the same place as it was.  when i select the lights fixtures in the scene tab the bounding box is were it supposed to be but i have to move the fixtures some 800 units to th plus side ( or right) to get them back were they were. this moves the bounding box and manipulator way out of the view.

any Ideas?

Signature 

Orson Welles

Posted: 15 September 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Are the lights parented to the Null as well?

When you move the Null to move the props, do you then move the lights to where you need them bfore saving the scene?

Posted: 15 September 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2010-01-14

Honestly no they are not . I’m not using a null at all Its not the lights themselves I’m having a problem with. they stay were they belong. it is the fixture pros that a re parented to the room base i have not added lighting to the scene yet.

Signature 

Orson Welles

Posted: 15 September 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

I am not sure what is going on, but DS4 has a recent new ‘Group’ option which can be found in Create > New Group, it is even easier than using a Null or parenting for what you want.  Select everything that you want to moave as a group, selecte create new group, and you can rename the group to smoething you will recognise like ‘Room’.

You could do the same with the lights, and create a new ‘Lights’ group too.  It would probably work a lot better.

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-03

This is really a pain in the butt…I can save DUF files now but when I reload them the hair is suddenly invisible. I am gonna probably just downgrade to 3.2 like I have been using for years. This is getting to be ridiculous that I can’t get any work done because DAZ|Studio 4.5 is being a pain.

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

What hair are you saving, and what versin of DAZ Studio are you using?

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2008-05-03

I am using the Elvin Prince Hair and the Fairytale Hair.

I have DAZ|Studio Pro 4.5

Posted: 19 September 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

Which version of 4.5 Pro, is it 4.5.0.114, there was a problem with invisible hair, which has been fixed in the latest Beta version 4.5.0.137.

You can ‘buy’ it here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-pro-beta

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2008-05-03

Oh yay! It fixed the hair but now for some strange reason it says there is an error during the rendering process. ^^;

Posted: 19 September 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

A lot of render messages are warnings, sometimes about shaders.  What is the error message, youshould be ablt to find it in the log, Hlp > Troubleshooting > View Log File.

If the render was produced OK, then there may not be anything to worry about.

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2003-10-09

This is an old thread, but I hope that someone in the know reads it.  I have been trying to save some of my characters that were built in 4.0 Pro in the new 4.5 duf format, but they tend to explode.  I’m using Version 4.5.0.114 Pro Edition 64 Bit on a Windows 7 platform.  The sequence of events is that I load a previously saved scene (which is in a .daz format).  I then Save As a Scene (or even as a Scene Subset) in the .duf format.  One pic shows the file that I loaded.  The other pic shows the explosion.  This happens every time I try to save a scene.  I can save a preset, but that doesn’t help when I can’t save the hair along with it.

Am I missing something?  Seems to me it should be pretty straight forward.

Image Attachments
SceneFile.jpgSceneFileSaved.jpg

2 of 3