Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
Wishlist has shrunk…what happened?
Posted: 08 September 2012 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-10-09

These continuing website problems are incredibly tedious.

I first noticed the “mysterious Vanishing Wish List” a couple of days ago, but I have become so jaded by the stupendous incompetence of the web developers here that I just assumed it was the latest in a very long list of failed site updates and moved on. There were things in my W/L that might have been in the PA sale, so maybe I have missed the opportunity and the merchant has lost a sale.

I don’t even have the energy any more to try and find out - but I do wonder if the artists that sell here have any feelings about the way that DAZ has managed the longest running web site migration in recorded human history.

Do they mind losing sales in this way? I just wonder.

Posted: 08 September 2012 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2007-03-07

Interesting . . . I just re-added one of the items that had been removed from my wishlist back in. While it tells me the item has been added, it does not show up in the new wishlist. Yet the count of items I have in my wishlist went up (even though that same item is in there twice now).

Posted: 08 September 2012 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2009-07-22
Cypherfox - 07 September 2012 12:48 AM

Greetings,
My wishlist supposedly has 257 items on it, as per the UI and my own tools.  I’ve been diligently reducing that number as the PA sale progresses, but…uhhh…my wishlist page now only shows 116 items.

How do I know those numbers so well?  I wrote 3dwishlist.com to track my wishlist, show me items I’ve already bought from that wishlist, and email me when items go down in price.  (Since the store doesn’t do any of that right now, writing it myself seemed the best option.  It also handles purchase history, and recognizing items bought via bundles.)

There’s a second person using 3dwishlist.com.  Their wishlist got cut in half between 10:55am and 6:55pm.  So, unless they deleted a significant amount of their wishlist, something happened between 10:55am and 4:27pm that broke the wishlist.

Today, Lantios Lights 2 and GIS Orion Lights vanished from my wishlist, along with well over a hundred other items.

Thankfully I have a backup of my wishlist, because 3dwishlist.com keeps all old copies of what it retrieves (just in case I screw up) so I can restore it for my own use but I’ve seen scattered reports of the same thing happening to others.  Also thankfully the deletion happened AFTER I’d added Lantios Lights 2 and GIS Orion Lights to my cart.  (At first I thought that maybe they were removing items from the wishlist that were in my cart, but no…there’s LOTS more missing.)

Hopefully, given that the number at the top of my screen on the store still shows 257, everything’s still in the database, and it’s just a display issue.

I know this is a temporary hiccup, and I have faith that the DAZ folks will fix this, but it needs to be brought to their attention.  Is anyone else having this problem, and can you quantify it?

— Morgan

Yes, me as well.

I went to check some things on my wishlist. The number still says 83, but I only count 30. The ones that were taken off seem random. Not the newest, not the oldest.

Posted: 08 September 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2009-07-22
Misty Whisky - 07 September 2012 07:11 AM

holy crapp,
there’s only 1 thing in my w/l. 
the Sensual hair and Berry Dragons are gone. 
how am i supposed to know when they hit the pa sale?
does this mean the pa sale is glitched, too?

That’s how I was using the wishlist as well. But since they don’t put the artists, though make other less relevant details available,I’ve had to use their comment window to add that detail so I could see the pattern.  With much of the wishlist AWOL it’s not very useful as a tool right now. I’m sorta glad I’m not the only one. Maybe they’ll get on it next week sometime.

Posted: 08 September 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-10-10

I have the same problem as well. Only about 30 items out of 72 items are showing :(

Posted: 08 September 2012 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2009-05-31

Posted: 08 September 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9871
Joined  2005-10-07
bad4u - 08 September 2012 06:11 AM

You can use the RSS Feed link on top of your wishlist to see a full list of your items, too. Then use Ctrl+F in your browser and search for “Special” or “Special Price” to quickly jump from one sale item to another (well, still including $1.99 PC items). This way you shouldn’t miss one sale item from PA sales that you have on your wishlist.

This works for Firefox, but I guess it’s the same with IE.

Finally still having access to full lists in some way means these have not been corrupted and should be available again sooner or later -.-

oh, there it is under rss smile  Thanks!

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 08 September 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2009-05-31

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

So I put everything in my wishlist into my shopping cart, but my wishlist showed I still had 1 item in it although there was nothing there.

I put 29 items back into my wishlist, but only 20 showed up even though it listed 29 items.

I dumped the rest of the items back into my wishlist, 149 items, only 79 showed up in the list, but it listed 149 items.

My guess it showing I still had 1 item in the list when it was empty may be a key to the problem. Just guessing of course, I don’t know a damn thing about software, hardware, underwear or programming. Hell I forget how to turn on my PC every once in a while.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 08 September 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1275
Joined  2008-03-30

21 items in my wishlist, only 10 visible, and its the weekend, so obviously not going to be fixed, is it another thing that’s ‘inconvenient’ for the web team to fix, really really getting peed off, don’t even want to come here anymore

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 08 September 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1643
Joined  2008-05-31
Penname - 07 September 2012 10:21 AM

I did find that if I used the “share” button and sent the list to myself, all the items showed up in the email.  Not a perfect solution but at least a reminder.  My w/l is small though.  I don’t know about adding items since lately all the great items have been going straight to cart! - lol.  (I am going to go into shock with my cc bill arrives). 

I’ve been really tolerant of the various glitches through the changeover but must say the w/l thing is a little annoying, especially during a PA sale.

No need to worry then I believe, the database seems to be OK which is the important thing. Now DAZ only have to fix the web interface so it works correctly.

I wouldn’t rely on that things are working correctly though if you try to manipulate the content of the list at the current stage. I’d leave it as it is until it’s fixed.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2005-08-05

This is a new one! I just went to move a couple of my WishList items to my cart and discovered to my shock and surprise that the majority of items ( I have over 400 on my list) on my list are gone. I tried to find somewhere to complain to but have no idea where to turn. Can someone advise me, please? Thanks.

NAMASTE;-)
Michael

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15143
Joined  2003-10-09

Merging this post with the existing thread on the subject.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1647
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

korstemplar - 09 September 2012 05:23 AM

This is a new one! I just went to move a couple of my WishList items to my cart and discovered to my shock and surprise that the majority of items ( I have over 400 on my list) on my list are gone. I tried to find somewhere to complain to but have no idea where to turn. Can someone advise me, please? Thanks.

NAMASTE;-)
Michael

My bug report is here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47844

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2007-03-07

Well, it is finally fixed . . .at least for my wishlist. But not before I missed quite a few sales. *Sigh* Hopefully, the catch-up sale will be at 50% also rather than a lower percentage as I have seen in the past.

Edit: Oops! Spoke too soon. It is broken again.

3 of 5