Digital Art Zone

Can’t ‘Send to Daz’ from file menu
Posted: 06 September 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-14

Hi all,
For the longest time i’ve been waiting for the Mac version of 3D Max since my shift to Mac. I only realised that Daz and Hexagon could solve that. I downloaded Hexagon and started to follow the tutorial from geekatplay. After tinkering with it i realised that i cannot render my model from Hexagon (am i right?). I saw this ‘Send to Daz’ under file menu and downloaded Daz 4.5 so that i could use Daz to render my object created in Hexagon.

After the necessary installation of Daz, i went back to my model in Hexagon and tried to use the function but nothing happened.
I clicked on the ‘Documentation’ under ‘Help’ menu and still nothing happens, Is there something that i could have overlooked? I do apologize if this is a stupid issue but i really do need help in sorting this problem.

My system is 64 bit so i used the 64 bit installer. I cannot find the 64 bit installer for Hexagon however and installed the 32 bit version. Could this be an issue?

Thanx in advance.

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-09-15

In reverse order;  There is no 64 bit version of Hexagon.  You have to employ a rendering engine to render your model as there is no pucker renderer within Hexagon.  It is a standalone modelling program you can only produce a simple AO render and save it as a screen grab from within Hexagon.

In short you transfer your model to a second program designed to render it.  Be it a Daz program or any other you may wish to use.  I use Kerkythea which is free but you may not like it, entirely upto you.

I’m afraid for the reason mentioned above I have never used the bridge function to send my model to the Daz prog’ that you mentioned although it is on my computer.

Signature 

Cheers, Fanners.raspberry

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1288
Joined  2008-01-01

The Studio-Hexagon bridge is meant primarily for making morphs, although you can send props to Studio from Hex.  Strange that it’s not working for you - could be that the 64bit version doesn’t work, I don’t know, I’m on 32bit.

To get your models into Studio, rather export as .obj and import to Studio.

Studio is primarily used for posing and rendering e-dolls, so not the best choice for a general renderer.  Kerkythea is really good Bryce is another app in the Daz stable that is free at the moment - really good renderer, but, like all apps, takes some getting used to.

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2008-11-14

Thanx RedSquare and Roygee…
I do appreciate the inputs. Seems to me you guys have the experience in Mac issues. I’ll try out Kerkythea…
Thanx again…

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-11-14

Just out of curiosity. Can i export the model from hexagon to Blender? If yes, in what format would be the best?
Thanx in advance…

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-01

Yes, you can - use the most common format - .obj

Posted: 11 September 2012 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-09-15

Seems to me you guys have the experience in Mac issues

Actually I’m pretty sure that, that Roy and, this Roy both use a PC. smile

Signature 

Cheers, Fanners.raspberry

Posted: 12 September 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-01

Absolutely - I see too many complaints on too many forums to ever even consider a Mac.Lol