Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Heavy, ornate armor - for Genesis! The Genesis Cavalier! [Commercial]
Posted: 07 September 2012 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09
Valandar - 06 September 2012 10:28 AM
Jaderail - 06 September 2012 10:27 AM

I so wish I still had my AD&D troop. Great stuff for the games we used to play. I still got to have this.

Heh, the second pic up there was inspired by a certain infamous drawing in the 1st Ed PHB - “A Paladin in Hell” :D

hehe I knew it soon as I saw it!! Well done, sirrah or lady! smile
Always loved some of the superb art in the AD&D books, one of my faves is the sort of gladiator with two handed sword challenging a lizard king, in the original Fiend Folio, pure classic art (alas I don’t know that FF picture’s proper title and cna’t find it on net, sigh)

And of course, the Fiend Folio art gave us the drow and the githyanki and their art set the tone ever since.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/S_p6LK5Gu1I/AAAAAAAAYSY/O7BmwCvknsc/s1600/ff-drow.jpg

My thanks to the creator of this armour set for genesis, and all the great content makers over the years for giving me and others the items to let our dreams come alive! *applause* smile

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  563
Joined  2003-10-09
Silverblade The Enchanter - 07 September 2012 02:01 AM

I so wish I still had my AD&D troop. Great stuff for the games we used to play. I still got to have this.

Heh, the second pic up there was inspired by a certain infamous drawing in the 1st Ed PHB - “A Paladin in Hell” :D

Always loved some of the superb art in the AD&D books, one of my faves is the sort of gladiator with two handed sword challenging a lizard king, in the original Fiend Folio, pure classic art (alas I don’t know that FF picture’s proper title and cna’t find it on net, sigh)

And of course, the Fiend Folio art gave us the drow and the githyanki and their art set the tone ever since.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/S_p6LK5Gu1I/AAAAAAAAYSY/O7BmwCvknsc/s1600/ff-drow.jpg

My thanks to the creator of this armour set for genesis, and all the great content makers over the years for giving me and others the items to let our dreams come alive! *applause* smile

Is this the pic you’re talking about?

Image Attachments
lizardking.jpg
 Signature 

A good pun is its own reword

“The greatest sin is to be willfully unteachable” - Dr. Pat Allen

Posted: 08 September 2012 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Silverblade?

Meanwhile, anybody do any cool renders with it yet? :D

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Not YET! I’m still playing with my Drow. Give ma a few days, I’m digging out my Books for this one. cheese

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 September 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Nope…Paladin in Hell!

Image Attachments
paladininhell.jpg
 Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09
Valandar - 07 September 2012 07:49 AM
Silverblade The Enchanter - 07 September 2012 02:01 AM

Is this the pic you’re talking about?

that’s the one! smile

Posted: 09 September 2012 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
RKane_1 - 08 September 2012 08:40 PM

Nope…Paladin in Hell!

I know that one, I was just asking Silverblade if the pic I posted was the one he was thinking of, which he just now confirmed. :D

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1125
Joined  2010-09-19

In the infamous words of Dirk the Daring…
“Well I’ll be skullduggered…”

Image Attachments
skullduggered.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11
zigraphix - 06 September 2012 10:42 AM

Speaking of Valandar products, does anyone have a sample image handy that shows the lowest layer of the Harbinger skirt hidden? Is it a separate MAT zone? I like the whole flowing gown concept, but I might get more use out of it if I can also use just the top two layers, or even the top layer over another skirt. (I do love kit-bashing!)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-harbinger

Be very cool if the Harbinger outfit could be converted over to Genesis.  Never picked this up for V4 but could see using parts of it on Genesis male! 

Picked up your new armor… DOOD…. 332 Mb’s OMG!  *falls over*  I’m sure it’s just jam packed with goodies but wow…. hehehe raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
RAMWolff - 10 September 2012 11:03 AM
zigraphix - 06 September 2012 10:42 AM

Speaking of Valandar products, does anyone have a sample image handy that shows the lowest layer of the Harbinger skirt hidden? Is it a separate MAT zone? I like the whole flowing gown concept, but I might get more use out of it if I can also use just the top two layers, or even the top layer over another skirt. (I do love kit-bashing!)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-harbinger

Be very cool if the Harbinger outfit could be converted over to Genesis.  Never picked this up for V4 but could see using parts of it on Genesis male! 

Picked up your new armor… DOOD…. 332 Mb’s OMG!  *falls over*  I’m sure it’s just jam packed with goodies but wow…. hehehe raspberry

Yeah - that’s the result of three different hi-res bodysuit textures (V5, M4, and M5 UV’s, 4k x 4k body and limb maps of various types) and three different hi-res textures for the armor itself (Steel, Black, and paladin, for all parts, including Displacement - only 1 for each - diffuse, and specular/reflectivity, for 8 materials, all also 4k x 4k)... oh, and a simple 256x256 reflection map as default…

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Not complaining but with DAZ still not showing the size when downloading it’s like “mystery meat” lmao

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hopefully that’s something that will get rectified soo… err, with alacrity.

Signature 

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04

Welp, I’m doing a rendering commission and using this armor for the fighter-y dude in it. Will post renders later. smile

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 11 September 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04

Here we go. It is behind DA login, on account of technicolor violence heaped upon a hill giant.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ouch! Poor giant!

Signature