Digital Art Zone

6 of 8
PA’s I would like to see in the PA Sale
Posted: 07 September 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Though I do have some wishlisted in anticipation of the PA sale, I honestly am not expecting to spend much.  Of course, the wishlist is so dang difficult to use anymore that I hate to even attempt to look at it.  Loved that on sale button that got lost in the website switch.

I spent my first PA money this year on ... Persian Fable for M4.  I also picked up the two Waiting in Lines.

Yesterday I spent ALL my normally budgeted PA money on ... the new Kindle Fire HD.  So ... I may not spend much more at all this year.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 07 September 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2006-09-06

I would like to see Fisty, Marieah, David Brinnen and Horo.

Signature 

Formerly: 900 posts

Bringing up a petition for our old and cute smileys ?!! rolleyes

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  1000
Joined  2006-02-27

Went ahead and bought From the Deep Aquatic Genesis

I had almost the exact amount extra in my account so figured what hell

Also I took a small nap at work today after I finished a few repairs and had I guess you can call it a waking dream of a scene of a little girl in a submarine looking out into the ocean and seeing one of these things out the window

I need some caustics for studio

Posted: 07 September 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2006-06-12

Holyforest, posermocap

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 07 September 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Both great choices

Holyforest has a lot of great shaders but all the ones i want are only for Carrara

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-09-09
Merlin Studios - 07 September 2012 03:17 PM
Flamewing - 06 September 2012 08:04 PM

Now the one I’d like to see is Merlin Studios. wink

<puts out a plate of cookies & drops down on floor, begging Merlin to put his store on the PA sale.>

What kind of cookies are we talking about here? wink

A whole vast variety…  cool smile

Signature 

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We are on the same side now.
cool grin
Old post count: 2426
cool smile
Me on Facebook
My Freebies
My Gallery

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2003-10-09
RawArt - 06 September 2012 07:33 AM

Only reason I would be offended is if my name isn’t mentioned ... Shop RawArt!!!...RawArt RULZ!!!!!!!!

I notice that the latest newsletter promises something from you over the weekend.

You may be glad to hear that when I read the newsletter, I immediately said to myself, “Oh, RawArt ... cool. Been waiting for that.”

And if you listen very carefully, you can hear my credit card quietly sobbing to itself ...

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m actually starting to wish that some vendors will not appear in the PA sale; September is already looking like a costly month, and there are certain vendors who are heavily represented in my wishlist. (No names, no packdrill).

In some DAZ sales, I find myself going “Please, can we have some more ‘toon’ figures ... and maybe some really absurd Victoria skimpwear ... and some rather dull but slightly implausible and rather overpriced contemporary female clothing ... because then maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to get through the day without spending any more money ... Otherwise, I’m doomed.”

(No disrespect intended to anyone who buys items in those categories: everyone has things that they’re not personally interested in, and those happen to be the ones that don’t do it for me).

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Yeah I know how that feels more than I want.

I miss a lot of sales over year and can’t always catch up.

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1126
Joined  2003-11-25

Yeah, it’s hard to pick a particular favorite vendor.  There are so many to chose from, and so many different talents. Texturists, character and morph creators, scenery and props creators,*cough*pose builders*cough, cough*, hair and clothing designers. I can never narrow it down, myself.

(Actually, I’m bemused that people never mention the pose builders.  I wonder why that is…?)

So, to put the spotlight on my fellow pose builders, this is for you.  Mattymanx, Don Albert, muscleman, Khory (although, to be fair, she does other things, too).  And I’m just not going to mention Rawn‘s forray into poses, or Blondie‘s,  ‘cause they both get enough attention as it is.  Lol. 

My deepest apologies if I have left out any of the other pose makers.  These were the ones I could immediately think of. ...So, don’t be like me - DO remember the pose makers, all of them.  Lol.

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9235
Joined  2007-11-06
FeralFey - 07 September 2012 08:27 PM

Yeah, it’s hard to pick a particular favorite vendor.  There are so many to chose from, and so many different talents. Texturists, character and morph creators, scenery and props creators,*cough*pose builders*cough, cough*, hair and clothing designers. I can never narrow it down, myself.

(Actually, I’m bemused that people never mention the pose builders.  I wonder why that is…?)

So, to put the spotlight on my fellow pose builders, this is for you.  Mattymanx, Don Albert, muscleman, Khory (although, to be fair, she does other things, too).  And I’m just not going to mention Rawn‘s forray into poses, or Blondie‘s,  ‘cause they both get enough attention as it is.  Lol. 

My deepest apologies if I have left out any of the other pose makers.  These were the ones I could immediately think of. ...So, don’t be like me - DO remember the pose makers, all of them.  Lol.

There’s one I can’t seem to remember the name of, I just bought two of her pose sets, In Her Defense and Rapier Thrusts Wards and Disarms.  Right on the tip of my tongue.  I’m sure I’ll remember later.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2005-08-23
FeralFey - 07 September 2012 08:27 PM

You forgot Elliandra, who does lovely “normal” poses—as opposed to the awesome and dramatic but not terribly useful for everyday render poses. wink And of course Danie and Marforno, but I think they too get quite adequate attention. wink

Someone I’m looking forward to, as ever, is Surreality—except I think I already own most of her store. raspberry I’m excited to see what new item Arien will have—if it will be textures for something or one of her own models.

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
fixmypcmike - 07 September 2012 08:48 PM

There’s one I can’t seem to remember the name of, I just bought two of her pose sets, In Her Defense and Rapier Thrusts Wards and Disarms.  Right on the tip of my tongue.  I’m sure I’ll remember later.

Ahh, you must be speaking of the demented one.  Yes, poor thing.  Squawks at her computer and has an unfortunate bacon obsession.  The other PAs take pity on her and throw scraps of polygons and pixels to her, to quell her fell ravings.

Thanks for the sales, btw.  smile

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-25
Zaarin - 07 September 2012 09:14 PM

You forgot Elliandra, who does lovely “normal” poses—as opposed to the awesome and dramatic but not terribly useful for everyday render poses. *snip*

A-hem.  I do know of another PA who has done a couple of “normal, everyday” poses.  Some standing around and waiting poses.  With props. (Of particular interest - the Dazbuck’s Coffee and the Dazzin’ Donuts Coffee cups.) 

We cater to all types here.  Lol.

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2005-08-23
FeralFey - 07 September 2012 09:22 PM
Zaarin - 07 September 2012 09:14 PM

You forgot Elliandra, who does lovely “normal” poses—as opposed to the awesome and dramatic but not terribly useful for everyday render poses. *snip*

A-hem.  I do know of another PA who has done a couple of “normal, everyday” poses.  Some standing around and waiting poses.  With props. (Of particular interest - the Dazbuck’s Coffee and the Dazzin’ Donuts Coffee cups.) 

We cater to all types here.  Lol.

Wow, I have all your sword and rapier poses—don’t know how I missed the waiting in line pose sets. O_O Added to the mental wishlist (my real one is too cluttered to be useful raspberry).

EDIT: By the way, I really appreciate your doing A Page’s Life. I know the kids aren’t the best selling model, so I like to show my appreciation to those that support them. smile

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

6 of 8