...nobody mentioned Thorne/Sarsa.

...pity.

You did..

Posted: 06 September 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2006-09-09

it’s strange…i have Favourite Vendors, and then I have Favourite Vendors Who Make The Sort of Stuff That I’m Constantly Using Because It Suits the Type of Art I Like to Do. Heh. I admire ALL vendors - they have skills and talent and dedication and the drive to make things - whereas I don’t have ANY of that. Someone who specializes in making textures - holy cow, I don’t know how anyone can have the patience for that. LOL. Someone who specializes in making characters and character skins -whoa, tried that once and realized my eye for detail was sadly sub-par, and I’m just TOO impatient and making the DS mats drove me nuts. Someone who specializes in modelling buildings and props - well, my attempt looked like an explosion in a fur & treacle factory. So I bow down before all vendors making things, regardless of what it is - because they are skilled and talented in their areas.

So while I may have a Favourite Vendor, I may not buy every single thing they put out - because while I think their stuff is awesome, it just doesn’t suit what I like to do in my art. And I may have another Favourite Vendor, who specializes in creating the things that suit my art perfectly, so I snap up everything they ever release. It doens’ t mean I don’t “like” a particular vendor - I can still admire their work, think it’s fabulous and then just buy one or two pieces, and get excited when they release something new.

For instance, my art tends to more be portraits of a character - if I do a “scene” it’s generally one or two characters doing someting particular, but I focus on them, not where they are. So while I bow down before Stonemason and believe he is the God of All Modelling (like a lot of us), I don’t tend to buy a lot of his stuff. I have a few pieces that I use, but I don’t do scenery art, or big mega scenes, so I find I’m using just a tiny fraction of a set more as a background than anything else. But he’s still one of my Favourite Vendors, cos like, he’s a God! And his work brings joy to my life because it’s just so wonderful and beautiful.  LOL. And I love seeing his new pieces and get quite excited reading his WIP or preview threads and seeing his fabulous art. And if there is spare cash floating around my credit card, and it’s kinda sci-fi’ish, then I might pick it up. But then, there is another vendor that I just buy as soon as they release, regardless of what it is, cos they specialize in doing stuff that perfectly suits my art and is something that I will use again and again and again.

So it’s sort of like, they are ALL my favourite vendors cos they all do spiffy stuff, but like everyone else around, I only have a certain amount that I can spend, so I wait with anticipation for certain vendors to release something new this month cos I know it’ll be suitable to what I do, and other vendors that I wait with anticipation to release something new so I can oooo and ahhhhh over the gorgeous work…and then figure out if I can really spare anything, and if not, maybe next month. I’ve got no “un-favourite” vendors at all. I kinda spent the whole month of September getting excited over EVERYONE.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  509
Joined  2003-10-09
jakiblue - 06 September 2012 09:53 PM

So while I may have a Favourite Vendor, I may not buy every single thing they put out - because while I think their stuff is awesome, it just doesn’t suit what I like to do in my art.

Which is why I try to be as varied as I can in what I produce, myself. smile

Signature 

A good pun is its own reword

“The greatest sin is to be willfully unteachable” - Dr. Pat Allen

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09
Valandar - 06 September 2012 10:01 PM
jakiblue - 06 September 2012 09:53 PM

So while I may have a Favourite Vendor, I may not buy every single thing they put out - because while I think their stuff is awesome, it just doesn’t suit what I like to do in my art.

Which is why I try to be as varied as I can in what I produce, myself. smile

You, dear, are like the King of Variety. grin Some of the things you put out I sit there and go “omg what a GREAT idea, how’d he think of that??” LOL. Now, you need to go model one of those gorgeous cats of yours along with textures, and I can snap it up. *laughs*

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  961
Joined  2006-02-27
Kyoto Kid - 06 September 2012 09:20 PM

...pity.

Now that you mention it they are suppose to come out with some very nice teen characters for genesis

That is something to look forward to

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10999
Joined  2007-11-06

..agh!  I think they did quite well for Gen 4.

My Leela built off of Tommi.

Image Attachments
Leela_9.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

Khory - 06 September 2012 09:30 PM

...pity.

You did..

It doesn’t mean I’m not buying other folks stuff, but I’m quietly looking forward to that, myself.  I need GenX to be upgraded for DS 4.5 though, as most of Thorne is still V4, but in the past Thorne’s stuff has GenX’ed very well.  GenX is evidently on its way/submitted, though…

The truth is, though, that the reason I shop nearly exclusively here is that all the PA’s produce exceptional products, and DAZ’s QA and vendor selectivity appears to help a lot.  I’ve already spent more than I should this PA sale, and I’ll probably spend more on folks who I’m looking forward to, and even folks who I may have never heard of before.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

Canary3d - 06 September 2012 09:04 PM

Here’s a 50/50 Genesis mix of Hitomi with Raiya’s “Summer Edition Liu.”  Liu is a lovely character (and is for both Genesis and V4) and she mixes very well with other morphs, too.  I use the Liu texture for all kinds of characters.

What shirt and pants are those, if you don’t mind?  That’s an ADORABLE render.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 07 September 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1227
Joined  2003-10-19

Have to say Im with Jaki… really hard to pick and choose only some vendors as faves, as literally anyone could release something I get tickled about. I guess Im an impulsive shopper :giggles:

Signature 

—- Don’t knock on death’s door… ring the doorbell and run (he HATES that)

| My Store on DAZ | D4IVI4G3 Iµ© | Facebook |

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 07 September 2012 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09
IgnisSerpentus - 07 September 2012 06:04 AM

Have to say Im with Jaki… really hard to pick and choose only some vendors as faves, as literally anyone could release something I get tickled about. I guess Im an impulsive shopper :giggles:

“Impulsive Buys” is my middle name.

Seriously! My full name is Jaki Impulsive Buys Blue. I think my mother was smokin’ something at the time. raspberry

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2009-02-04

Since 2008 when I started out with DS, I never once bought anything either here on Rendo based on the vendor, I just bought what I liked the looked of, or what suited my needs.
If i am to be honest, I can never remember who made what anyway, as I am rather crap with names. smile
So i guess I dont have favorite stores or vendors. 
I have bought Hundreds of things from Daz and Rendo in the past 4 years,and Im proud to say I dont think Ive ever been dissapointed with any one of my purchases at all. With that in mind they are all my favorite vendors, and I dont really want to stick anyone on a pedestal - in fear of who I might leave out.

Also since becoming a Vendor, I can really begin to understand the amount of work involved, and I appreciate that all Vendors work their cotton socks off for what seems to be a rather modest reward in the end.
Ive been toying with the idea for trying to to this for a living, while my heart says ‘I’d love to’, logic says ‘its probably not going to be very good for me in the long run.
Mind you, not having a boss is almost priceless smile

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  961
Joined  2006-02-27

Me when it comes to textures and characters from Daz I have two favorites, Morris and Liquid Rust/J.King.

For props and sets Stone Mason.

For Clothing and Clothing textures Arien and Luthbel

Morphs Beth,Capsces Digital Ink

Creatures and unique characters Raw Art

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23
IgnisSerpentus - 07 September 2012 06:04 AM

And there’s another vendor to look forward to. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2003-10-09
Cypherfox - 06 September 2012 10:39 PM

What shirt and pants are those, if you don’t mind?  That’s an ADORABLE render.

— Morgan

Thanks!  smile She’s wearing Flipmode’s FM jeans, my Mini Pinny romper, and Quarker’s radiant Jaguar hair.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2008-11-09
Flamewing - 06 September 2012 08:04 PM

Now the one I’d like to see is Merlin Studios. wink

<puts out a plate of cookies & drops down on floor, begging Merlin to put his store on the PA sale.>

What kind of cookies are we talking about here? wink

Signature 

Daz3D Store | DeviantArt | Renderosity Store | Facebook

5 of 8