Digital Art Zone

5 of 9
DazPeople would like to see tutorials at dazshop - teach people 3d character creation! (call to al CONTENT CREATORS)
Posted: 07 September 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2004-08-11

Looking forward to it Blondie.  Request… ERC tutorial in there too please?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29
blondie9999 - 07 September 2012 03:40 PM

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am working on an advanced rigging tutorial that will include a section on geo-grafting.

The Aquatic Genesis product was created largely for the purpose of teaching myself geo-grafting.  I ran into a great many snags and unforeseen problems along the way, including one I discovered only after the product had been uploaded and was in testing—and nobody could figure out what was causing it!  Talk about hair-pulling! I finally figured out the cause of the problem, and it was something NOBODY had thought of—including me.  I blundered upon the answer entirely by accident.

Would be willing to give a brief summary of the issue? i am curious because i am trying to learn about geo-grafting as we speak.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 09 September 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2003-10-09

I put together some of the videos on my reopen forum and will post tonight 1 more about geo-grafting but not time lapse only with caption for the steps so check out later

MEC4D FORUM - VIDEO TUTORS IN TIME LAPSE

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks so much Cath! 

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Mec4D - 09 September 2012 01:09 PM

I put together some of the videos on my reopen forum and will post tonight 1 more about geo-grafting but not time lapse only with caption for the steps so check out later

OH JOY! YAY!

Thank you, Mec4D

You rock!

>:)

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

myself I would like to see advanced tutorial about wight mapping for custom figures as this is still not completely clear to me
transfer utility is quick but not perfect when working with complex clothing and manual edition is needed as well , but I would like to learn about setups on custom figures and stuff not related to genesis

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 09 September 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3418
Joined  2009-08-05
RKane_1 - 09 September 2012 02:21 PM

OH JOY! YAY!

Thank you, Mec4D

You rock!

In Mec4d’s GOZ DS 4.0 creating Full Body Morph for Genesis vid make sure the SMT (subdivide smooth modifier) is turned off in Zbrush before you start editing. This will smooth out the entire Mesh when you import your morph to Daz, or import via morph loader as an obj. It is something you do not want to happen. This video was made before that discovery.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  752
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 09 September 2012 02:22 PM

myself I would like to see advanced tutorial about wight mapping for custom figures as this is still not completely clear to me
transfer utility is quick but not perfect when working with complex clothing and manual edition is needed as well , but I would like to learn about setups on custom figures and stuff not related to genesis

The subject of weight-mapping (and bulge mapping) is pretty well covered in my tutorial, “Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro.”  The same techniques apply whether you’re making an original figure, or modifying the weight-mapping created by the transfer utility for a clothing item.

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  752
Joined  2003-10-09
RAMWolff - 07 September 2012 03:47 PM

Looking forward to it Blondie.  Request… ERC tutorial in there too please?

Yes, there will be a section on ERC as well. 

Right now the manual is kind of a hodge-podge of things—there’s some material on how clothing needs to be modeled to overcome the peculiarities of the smoothing feature, some material on setting the smoothing and collision modifiers, some material on topology, a section on ERC, and of course, a section on geo-grafting.  I have a number of other things I want to include, such as adding bones to clothing items to do various things, and so on.

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

blondie9999?

You rock so hard, Aerosmith is jealous. smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 September 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, blondie, what RKane_1 said!

I already have money hidden away just for your advanced tut.

Mec4D:

I highly recommend purchasing blondie’s tut she mentioned.  It is invaluable, and will be exactly what you need.  Not only did she bring to light the elusive, secretive details to complete a project that are hidden from the public in all the (nearly same) tutorials out there, but now I no longer have to hunt through 20 video tutorials, or 20 written tutorials for one small part of information.  She has condensed all the necessary information into one easy to use PDF tutorial (with all the secrets).

AND, to those of you out there who think there is no merit to an accomplished PA here at DAZ writing a detailed tutorial from beginning to store, I respectfully disagree.

Sure, there are hundreds, if not thousands of amateur (some Pro) tutorials all rehashing the exact same “basics” (and I probably have them all, or at least seen/read them over a period of 15 years).  I, for one, would appreciate and purchase an exact workflow tutorial with all the hidden “secrets” from a DAZ PA that shows exactly how they got that beautiful, and technically Poser/DS compliant product into the store.  And yes, not everyone works the same, but I have already mastered the basics.  I can adapt anything to my workflow, and programs.  I just need that push over the hump by someone in the know of what is or is not compliant in all facets of end product.

At least one PA thinks it worthy enough of her time to educate those beyond the “basics”, and kudos to you, blondie, for that.  Also, thank you…

Oh, and my short list is:

blondie9999
Valandar
Rawart
MidnightStories
Stonemason (whom I’ve already learned a great deal from)

and, yes, even you:

Mattymanx (I could write your two basic tuts in my sleep, BUT, I would pay for an all encompassing/dot-the-T’s, cross-the-I’s tutorial from inception to completion on how you create your amazing renders)

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 09 September 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

my meshes are never smooth out , and I explain it already in the old forum , it is not issue or bug it is that people switching in and back between high and low resolution , you can’t do that , if you work on high then do it until the end and not switch, for preview use the preview setting , the tutorial I made for the import was how to import and not how to model .. as my subdivide smooth modifier in Zbrush was in and always should be off for working with genesis morphs and this is not discovery as I mentioned it before when folk had problems with long before genesis was here ..

Zev0 - 09 September 2012 03:08 PM
RKane_1 - 09 September 2012 02:21 PM

OH JOY! YAY!

Thank you, Mec4D

You rock!

In Mec4d’s GOZ DS 4.0 creating Full Body Morph for Genesis vid make sure the SMT (subdivide smooth modifier) is turned off in Zbrush before you start editing. This will smooth out the entire Mesh when you import your morph to Daz, or import via morph loader as an obj. It is something you do not want to happen. This video was made before that discovery.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 09 September 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I think I purchased it and forgot to download as other stuff was going on .. as I remember now .. 
what I am mostly interested in was how to modifying the weight-mapping and I come across little troubles as well and just want to skip it and go into the finale so I am checking it out .. thanks

blondie9999 - 09 September 2012 05:48 PM
Mec4D - 09 September 2012 02:22 PM

The subject of weight-mapping (and bulge mapping) is pretty well covered in my tutorial, “Rigging Original Figures in DS4 Pro.”  The same techniques apply whether you’re making an original figure, or modifying the weight-mapping created by the transfer utility for a clothing item.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 09 September 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

There is a youtube video on that. You have probably seen that but, if not…

DAZ Studio 4 - Weight Map Brush

Hope this helps! smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 September 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes I saw it , it was made by Daz but it is not complete I missed the most important step after that , sometimes it is like my time-lapses ,  see what you can do with but how? figure by yourself ..  lol after the new update to 4.5 I am losing some stuff as things changed in the workflow ..
also returning to the geo-grafting , it is good if you are going to do your own creation something that can’t be reused without editing , as geo grafted figures not always allow you to reuse them on different shapes due to the textures that will never match , for stuff like horns or wings and tails using the half way of geog rafting is better , I was working the other day on a fish tail , and was for plan to full grafting the figure but then come to conclusion that no one can use different body textures to blend , so I use only half option to hide the lower parts automatic while fitting and blend the edges of the tail so it can be used with any textures people wish and this will have to do with anything else you going to do so not practical and not versatile , ge grafting process is as simple as it is mentioned in WIKI, but what the users get trouble with are the weld points, if they are shifted you will get zero grafting and that why people struggle with , so the correct skills in modeling and preparing your figure is the answer as the setup is 5 min .. and not different from what everyone know already , geo-grafting sounds mysterious but is nothing else as insert mesh ( Zbrush ) or merge weld points so a little bit modeling skills are needed to start with .
and as Blondie is going to make it in her advanced tutorial I better don;t go to spoil it and gentle back off at this moment and I hope you don’t mind , there is a lot of other subjects that can help everyone creating better stuff ..so I am going to find one

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

5 of 9