Digital Art Zone

4 of 9
DazPeople would like to see tutorials at dazshop - teach people 3d character creation! (call to al CONTENT CREATORS)
Posted: 06 September 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2865
Joined  2004-04-14

Geografting is new, so its no surprise there is limited info on it.  However,  we need a DS4 manual more then anything.  Im sure if we had that, we would have a tut on geografting already.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 06 September 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3415
Joined  2009-08-05

I know on the old forums there was a thread on it. However it is pointless since we cannot see any pics on the old thread. Unless they have solved that issue.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 06 September 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2865
Joined  2004-04-14
Zev0 - 06 September 2012 05:59 PM

I know on the old forums there was a thread on it. However it is pointless since we cannot see any pics on the old thread. Unless they have solved that issue.

If you have Firefox, install a plugin called Greasemonkey.  Then go here - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/4005/ - and get his GM Script. 

If your on Chrome, greasemonkey is built in (from what I was told)

ps, some really nice Greasmonkey scripts out there for general image viewing (greased lightbox) plus a few for youtube (prevent auto play and download)

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 06 September 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2003-10-09

it is more simple as you think and knowing you use Zbrush it would be for you a quick in 10 min to learn , I will make one for you as well

Zev0 - 06 September 2012 05:44 PM

Well all I want is one on geografting. Its one of the areas that has been kept in the dark. Its strange actually, you would expect Daz to put decent tutorials on these key features for all to see. What the hell is the point off having all these features in your app and nobody knows how to use it? Do they not want more content developed for their figures/app? EG if you release software and you want developers to create apps for it, you give them a developement kit. In our case, tutorials.

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3415
Joined  2009-08-05

Mwah thanks. Cant wait:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Here is a link to my tutorial on making ANY PP2 or HR2 CONFORM to Genesis!  Works great!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1866/

Just transferred AprilyYSH’s Lyon Hair set to Genesis.  The hat and ruff are both CR2’s but the hair is an HR2.  Following my tutorial it’s now all made for Genesis.  A note on the Ruff…. make sure and have it transferred as a loose bodysuit.  When it’s done select the bones icon (band-aid over bone icon) you will see the bones for the arms included. Select each bone (forearm and shoulder only) right click and in the Delete flyout, Delete Bone) that way when the figure is moving their arms around the feathers don’t deform funny, and they will, I know!  lol

Image Attachments
LyonHair-Ruff-Hat_to_Genesis.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29
Mec4D - 06 September 2012 06:59 PM

it is more simple as you think and knowing you use Zbrush it would be for you a quick in 10 min to learn , I will make one for you as well

Well all I want is one on geografting. Its one of the areas that has been kept in the dark. Its strange actually, you would expect Daz to put decent tutorials on these key features for all to see. What the hell is the point off having all these features in your app and nobody knows how to use it? Do they not want more content developed for their figures/app? EG if you release software and you want developers to create apps for it, you give them a developement kit. In our case, tutorials.

I would LOVE a copy of that tutorial, Mec4D.

BTW, you are awesome!  smile

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

RAMWolff, Thanks for that Tut! It is very helpful and easy to follow!

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Just updated the post above…. Your welcome.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2009-02-04

Well as a new vendor here, I learned several ways.

1) Google & Youtube
Much of the information is out there, but its not all in one place or tutorial.

2) Questions, questions,
Pestering people both here and at rendo - on the whole, if you ask nicely, people are helpful and will often give you the answers you need.

3) Paigerism saves time.
When in doubt, pick apart files of products you have purchased, you can examine everything from Topology to how a Pz2s has been edited.

4) trial and error raspberry

As for tutorial making, Im not concerned about competition, but I dotn want to get ahead of myself, im still learning and right now Im having too much fun using my newly aquired knowledge to actually create stuff….

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09
RKane_1 - 07 September 2012 10:56 AM
Mec4D - 06 September 2012 06:59 PM

I would LOVE a copy of that tutorial, Mec4D.

BTW, you are awesome!  smile

I second that Cath, would like that info as well.smile

Signature 

1drworx

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  174
Joined  2004-12-28

My tutorials: http://smay3d.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Rendo Store
My DA Profile
My Site

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

WOW… thanks so much SMAY!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
smay - 07 September 2012 03:04 PM

My tutorials: http://smay3d.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Wow, Smay!

I got Bad Guy on sale and now I feel I owe you the rest of the money!

That was intense.

I wish there was a way to slow down Youtube videos. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks for recording your work. It is informative!

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  752
Joined  2003-10-09

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am working on an advanced rigging tutorial that will include a section on geo-grafting.

The Aquatic Genesis product was created largely for the purpose of teaching myself geo-grafting.  I ran into a great many snags and unforeseen problems along the way, including one I discovered only after the product had been uploaded and was in testing—and nobody could figure out what was causing it!  Talk about hair-pulling! I finally figured out the cause of the problem, and it was something NOBODY had thought of—including me.  I blundered upon the answer entirely by accident.

4 of 9