Digital Art Zone

1 of 9
DazPeople would like to see tutorials at dazshop - teach people 3d character creation! (call to al CONTENT CREATORS)
Posted: 05 September 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2005-08-25

The biggest problem here, for many people is the learn proces of character creation.
how you work with daz models in Zbrush, texture it, rig them back in studio…
there are alot of Creators around here, but it’s seems that they don’t like to share goodies not even for tutorials you can buy!
if daz don’t teach this to the new 3d noobs, who does?

Only Cath tried to create a few youtube’s, but we still have not “1” well explained tutorial that explain you the full character creation proces with genesis. Isn’t that strange?

Tutorials where you start from the idea, sculpt in Zb (max, maya, silo or modeler you use), texture the character, rig the character with all morphs back to studio…

not “1” tutorial with this kind of subject available at the shop…
i tought daz, was a place where people could learn 3d?
how can they learn 3d without good well explained tutorials?

i am pretty sure there are, alot of us around here that would like to see more such kind of tutorials about complete character design
in the daz shop and not alone content anymore.

Tutorials that teach the whole proces of a character to Zb and back to daz textured and rigged.
these things are so hard needed for the community here.

Would you like to see such kind of tutorials appear here at the shop..

let the Content Creators here you message…

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

update:

Forget everything about Gen 4 figures and old tutorials we found enough here in the past…
it’s only GENESIS that counts for the daz people now.

‘m still very disappointed by the cooperation of PA’s (GENESIS content creators) that sell at the shop around here!
i’ve seen only a few replies by some of them, where are all the others?
Where are the tutorials that explain the GENESIS SHAPESHIFTER AND IT’S CONTENT CREATION PROCES OF CHARACTERS, CLOTHES,.... tutorials that teach all the new people around here.

a few useful tutorial links posted by users below..

a first help to learn you about the new GENESIS CHARACHTER DESIGN PROCES.

(http://www.jasonwelsh.com)

(Blender, Zbrush, Maya learning,...)

http://www.youtube.com/user/cannedmushrooms

Watch Jason Zbrush video’s…
really support this guy and buy his dvd’s, he is awesome!

(RAMWolff)
tutorial on making ANY PP2 or HR2 CONFORM to Genesis
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1866/

(Smay3d)
Rigging in DAZ Studio 4
Setup Snake character in DAZ Studio 4
Create Bikini for Genesis
http://smay3d.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

(another section)
Bobbie25 Rigging Tutorials
Patience55 Tutorials
Carnite’s Channel
Some guy named Rob Whisnant’s Tutorials
Procedural Cloth Shaders by AoA
Hexagon Cheatsheets by Daybreak Studio
Genesis Starter Kit (clothing Creation) and Classic Bikini (Clothing Design) By Fugazzi1968
Johnny Bevo’s Tutorials
Tecy’s Hexagon Tutorials
CG Dreams Hexagon Quickstart Tutorials

other great resources

(learn more 3d @)
http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/index.php
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(666 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 05 September 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

I agree.  Blondie9999 also released a nice tutorial which is for sale in the DAZ3D for rigging… found here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

I was actually considering getting Blacksmith 3D since it’s on sale to add to my ever expanding tool kit.  So asked Conan (Konan??) if his program now supported better handling of multi UV figures and how did one go about texture / projection painting genitals for Genesis.  Not the remapped one either but the default released one.  Mentioned that I was well aware that Studio Art Vartanian used his program to create her unbelievable character packages.  Would love a tutorial from Jo and her work flow in Blacksmith 3D for sure! 

Cath has provided many examples of how to get things working from ZBrush into DAZ Studio but yea, nothing that’s well explained for those interested in trying their hand at creating their own clothing.  Cath has shown a few of us how to work morphing magic in ZBrush but yea, making clothing is still a mystery!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 05 September 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-08-05

I for one am looking for a good one on Geografting. I dont like to read so somebody make a vid:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 05 September 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Well, I added the tutorials I made to the current forum but they don’t have the pics imbedded. Maybe later when the forum can imbed, then they will make a little more sense than there current versions. raspberry

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4 by RKane_1

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

I too would love to see some info/tutorials on:

geo-grafting

making clothes

making hair

working with the shader mixer.

If you know something, please start posting! We would all appreciate it.,

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 05 September 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  845
Joined  2008-11-01

Hi, fixme12! smile Sorry to hear your having trouble finding help with content creation. Have you tried some of the Help Forums here? The Nuts and Bolts forum has some people hanging out that may be able to help with specific issues:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/5/

Or you can always check out the DAZ Studio Discussion thread. It is also a good place to ask questions:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/

And much of the Documentation is being completed online.

http://www.daz3d.com/help

Take a peek in the Knowledge Base or in Documents and Tutorials.

The real reason why it is difficult to find tutorials and things is because people use different tools to make things for Daz Studio and Poser. Some people may use ZBrush. Others use Hexagon or Maya or something else. Some Use Photoshop, others Paintshop Pro or Gimp, or.. we could go on forever….lol
Anyway, hope this helps a little and good luck!  smile

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  559
Joined  2009-04-14

I would love to see (and would be willing to pay for, depending on the quality of instruction) some tutorials built around the creation of some of DAZ’s more iconic images. The example I’ve provided is similar enough to the “Fiery Genesis” tutorial DAZ put out this past year—that was pretty good; now, let’s see some more.

Image Attachments
The_Art_of_DAZ_Melmoth_003.JPG

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  925
Joined  2005-11-06

While I see your points and agree this would be a great thing for customers and aspiring creators, look at the other side. If a vendor relies on creating DS/Poser to make a living, the last thing they would probably want is to share their workflow and secrets because it would hurt their income. This market is really small and the last thing needed for a vendor is any competition.

If anything, DAZ should be the ones to publish any tutorials since more vendors is a win/win for them.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3044
Joined  2004-04-14

Only problem I see with attempting an “All-In-One” tutorial is that no two people do things the same way.  I have spent most of August watching Hexagon tutorials by different people and differnt people do things different ways to accomplish the same goal.

There is a lot of information to be considered when doing any part of content creation.  Speaking just from the stand point of converting models for use in DS and Poser and having written a 14 page tutorial on that, I can tell you that you cannot include everything or go over everything.

There needs to be very specific tutorials covering certain subjects in great detail and nothing else without diving into other areas or the end user will be left with a lot more questions.  And what is the point of providing a tutorial when the people who get it are going to come back with more questions then before.

This also begs the question, why pay for it when there are already countless tutorials all over the internet covering differnt programs and how to use them?

If anyone wants to make content in any fashion, then start searching.  Expecting anyone to provide exactly what you need or want to making your own from start to finish is like expecting a professional photographer to reveal ALL their secrets.

But regardless, I’ll go back to my first comment.  People do things differently, think differently, respond in differnt manners.  So whats good for the goose is not good for the gander.

And speaking of tutorials…

3D Model Conversions
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?adtf0812j6py43i

Dealing with Zipped Poser Content
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?oqcf29kmigzd3gk

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

But, if labelled, will get someone off to a good start. if I can follow the steps for Exporting something into Hexagon and then reimporting it, I will be that much closer to doing it in Zbrush or Modo or whatever program I choose.

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2006-04-15

Genesis Starter Kit is available from the store here at DAZ showing how to create a basic clothing item using Hexagon and Daz 4 Pro.

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26

I made a tutorial for daz on creating cat like ‘eyeshine’ material/shader in the below link.

Creating cat like ‘eyeshine’ in Daz (Tutorial Page 6)
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6376/P75

Image Attachments
Eyeshine_promo.jpg
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7100
Joined  2005-08-15

There are also lots of tutorials on CG at http://www.cgdreams.co.uk/free.html also using Hexagon and ZBrush.

The site is run by ‘tez’ who used to post on the Hexagon forums here.  He does character modelling as well.

Posted: 06 September 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1809
Joined  2012-04-14

Only problem I see with attempting an “All-In-One” tutorial is that no two people do things the same way.

Not sure why this is a problem or different to any number of paid for tutorials on various subjects.

This also begs the question, why pay for it when there are already countless tutorials all over the internet covering differnt programs and how to use them?

Because it is in one place, and not everyone has time to trawl the internet looking for stuff. By that same token you could ask why should people buy things from vendors when there are plenty of sites with free content.

Expecting anyone to provide exactly what you need or want to making your own from start to finish is like expecting a professional photographer to reveal ALL their secrets.

And yet there are hundreds if not thousands of books on photography and how to capture the perfect shot. I’m not sure why you appear to be afraid of writing a tutorial that reveals your secrets. Nobody is saying anyone needs to reveal all their secrets. Just because a tutorial/book is produced that shows someone clearly how to do something does not mean they are going to do it. Or that they will be able to do it to the same standard. Of course there may be those who can do it better than you. Even if people do start selling content because of a tutorial, they might not necessarily be successful. Not everyone is going to buy their content. If the market is as small as some are saying in this thread then surely you’d be looking for alternative income streams to supplement?  Providing tutorials is another income stream, some people seem to do it quite successfully.

I would love to pick up more tutorials - I am one of those people who has limited free time and am willing to pay for them. I’m grateful to all those vendors who have provided tutorials and aren’t afraid that I’m going to start making content and competeing when them for customers.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04

Blondie9999 said that she’s working on advanced rigging and geo-grafting doc. So gonna get that one.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3044
Joined  2004-04-14
anikad - 06 September 2012 06:04 AM

And yet there are hundreds if not thousands of books on photography and how to capture the perfect shot. I’m not sure why you appear to be afraid of writing a tutorial that reveals your secrets. Nobody is saying anyone needs to reveal all their secrets. Just because a tutorial/book is produced that shows someone clearly how to do something does not mean they are going to do it. Or that they will be able to do it to the same standard. Of course there may be those who can do it better than you. Even if people do start selling content because of a tutorial, they might not necessarily be successful. Not everyone is going to buy their content. If the market is as small as some are saying in this thread then surely you’d be looking for alternative income streams to supplement?  Providing tutorials is another income stream, some people seem to do it quite successfully.

I would love to pick up more tutorials - I am one of those people who has limited free time and am willing to pay for them. I’m grateful to all those vendors who have provided tutorials and aren’t afraid that I’m going to start making content and competeing when them for customers.

My appologies if I did not come across clearly.  It is not a matter of keeping secrets in any fasion or fear of competition.  If so I would not have written the two tutorials I posted above or the one linked in my sig about the Poser Format Exporter.  Manuals are there to show how a program works and tutorials are there to show the combination of certain steps but a tutorial cannot teach a person how to think or observe or explain every possible reson for doing something.

Now again, please dont misunderstand me, I am not against people learning or being taught.  But if someone want to learn, they should not wait for someone else to provide exactly what it is they think they need or want, to do so.  Trial and error is the best teacher.  And yes you are correct, just because someone writes a tutorial, it doesn’t mean someone else is not better at it.  The different aspecs of content creation is best if explained in detail across multiple tutorials and guides so that anyone can have a better understanding of the different aspecs and see different ways of approaching the same task, which a single individual cannot do for another.

Back to photography, if anyone want to learn photography then they should start by learning about the different aspects of the camera and how it works. By this I mean F/Stop, Shutter Speed, ISO (formally ASA) plus other details like the distance to the subject, focal length of the lens and focal distance.  All these factors play a crucial role in how the image will turn out BUT a lack of understanding of any of these will undermine the one taking the picture.  So studying one or two of these aspects at a time and going over them again and again until its engraved in ones thinking is far more bennificial then a multi step guide.

Speaking of which, here is a nice little tutorial on Depth of Field Photography which relates to rendering as well since they use the same principals - http://www.photoaxe.com/depth-of-field-photography-tutorial-part-3/

Limitied time we all understand.  Over the past 8 years, until June of this year, anything and everything I have done, whether renders, freebies or products for sale, has all been done in my spare time.

ps, a potographer told me once that the secret of taking great pictures is to never show anyone your bad ones!

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Skiriki - 06 September 2012 07:32 AM

Blondie9999 said that she’s working on advanced rigging and geo-grafting doc. So gonna get that one.

Ditto!

Especially after seeing her work with the Aquatic Genesis.

Great piece of work there.

Signature 

1 of 9