Digital Art Zone

7 of 48
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 07 September 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1009
Joined  2012-02-04

The Santa’s Helper outfit sold at the OptiTex store has stockings with garters in it.  I’ve used them a few times.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2009-04-20
DanaTA - 07 September 2012 08:43 AM
OptiTex - 07 September 2012 05:41 AM

I rigged the same freebie loincloth on genesis this is the download link https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/LoinclothGenesis.zip  when you guy’s can test this that would be great, it must be also possible to use the old textures on it with one click.

Will this go up in the freebie section on http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com when you are satisfied with the beta testing?

Dana

My idea is this; Lets test a lot of freebies together and see or it is working all properly, when that is the case I can make a plan to rigged all the existing Dynamic Clothes in the Daz store on Genesis and ask Daz or it is posible to give this to all the users as a kind of update and for new users it will be than with 2 options Genesis and V4, M4
But first we have to test the existing freebies and when it is all working I have to ask Daz for permission.

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2009-02-04

I love all the OptiTex stuff, but i really need to upgrade beofre I touch it again, I tried some of their pillows a while ago and I nearly died of old age while waiting for my ancient core duo to do its thing.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2003-11-11
old-dog - 07 September 2012 09:09 AM

Stockings

Something Thigh-High or with Garters.

PLEASE   -  There is no way to get the current (non-dynamic) offerings to fit, and stay fit, in any realistic way, on any modified, stretched, bent, muscled, morphed or manipulated leg. 

There would be 3 ways to make this work I imagine.

1.  Use a reversed gravity field so they do not fall down.
2.  Use a garter belt (which can be hidden) to hold them up
3.  Use a panel at the top with high Friction to hold them up. 

I can guarantee only that *I* would buy them…  but I think I am not the only one who wants ‘em.

Thanks

+1 right here grin

Posted: 07 September 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4542
Joined  2004-08-11

A question…. seeing how this is slowly getting more Genesis love…. I might be interested but .... how does things work when scaled.  Say you have a Genesis character that’s smaller, child, dwarf, fairy….. what happens with that?  Is that one of the draw backs currently? 

PS: The new God capes are really hot, lovely, super!  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-03-15
Martin for OptiTex - 05 September 2012 12:29 PM

You can give your wishes, ideas and comments in this thread

I’ve enjoyed using a lot of the Opti-Tex clothes, but I also find using them frustrating at times. What is needed is a way to better adjust the fit manually prior to draping and also a way to effectively pin and drag.

Consider the case of a simple towel. First of all, I don’t believe there is one. Second, if there were, we need a way to fit it using pins and drags.

Besides the towel I’d like a blanket and some bed sheets.

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3232
Joined  2007-06-22
OptiTex - 07 September 2012 09:19 AM
DanaTA - 07 September 2012 08:43 AM

I rigged the same freebie loincloth on genesis this is the download link https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/LoinclothGenesis.zip  when you guy’s can test this that would be great, it must be also possible to use the old textures on it with one click.

Will this go up in the freebie section on http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com when you are satisfied with the beta testing?

Dana

My idea is this; Lets test a lot of freebies together and see or it is working all properly, when that is the case I can make a plan to rigged all the existing Dynamic Clothes in the Daz store on Genesis and ask Daz or it is posible to give this to all the users as a kind of update and for new users it will be than with 2 options Genesis and V4, M4
But first we have to test the existing freebies and when it is all working I have to ask Daz for permission.

WOW thats very nice to hear.
Thank you

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1761
Joined  2010-10-10

There are some dynamic sheets in the shop.  They can be used for bed sheest or anything at all.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-sheets

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 07 September 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4762
Joined  2004-07-01
marcusfinnigon - 06 September 2012 01:23 AM

Its very mixed here at daz lol, half of us are obsessed with genesis (Including myself) while the other half (often poser users) refuse to move to genesis and remain with the generation 4. 

I have checked out your website, heaps of Items I love!! But again, I’m a genesis supporter. Recently I downloaded your M4 and V4 loincloth, as I’m right into tribal renders at the moment… Love it, but the only way i could get it to work with my genesis character was to have a similar shaped/scaled M4 (Who I set invisible) posed him accurately the same as my genesis character, then loaded the loincloth and draped it. Such a method notably has a low success rate. I cant get it to work on any smaller/younger Genesis character or on any more detailed poses.

It would be Heaps usefull to me if it were genesis supported! tongue wink

Render below.

this did not work for me in DS 4.5 - .114

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-09-11

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/LoinclothGenesis.zip
worked for me on v5, studio 4.5.

it would be great if the entire optitex store was in the PA one day 50% off sale… and i would purchase more items if i knew there was a genesis version was in the works for a later free download.

i can get most of the older items to work on the genesis v4 shape but really like the genesis rigged items.

i would also like to see dynamic genesis hair or the v5 pony made dynamic.

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

Hi Martin!  Thanks so much for taking the time to try to fix these for Genesis - I would be happy to try and test them for you, I’m just starting out in dynamic clothing though so I am not entirely sure I’m doing them right. 

I am using Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, the loin cloth worked just fine for me on Michael 5. 

I have the flaired dress, on the left is Victoria 4.2, and on the right is Genesis.  The material from the Victoria 4.2 dress worked fine on the Genesis model.  There is a little wrinkling at the top left side (her left side) of the Genesis dress - not too bad.  Both dresses seem to hang the same at the bottom. 

I couldn’t get either model to sit nicely though, the dresses were splitting apart at the knee, but I am sure that’s probably something I’m doing wrong.  I posed these with single frame, not animation.  (I haven’t really tried much animation.)  I hope that was helpful to you.  Thanks again for doing this!  I would love to see the dynamic clothing that’s available in the store also available for Genesis.  -Cathy
(edited to add 2nd picture to show front of dresses a little better)

Image Attachments
My_Tarzan.jpgMy_Tarzan_2.jpg

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

Looking forward to more stuff! Love the capes!

Nice to meet you, Martin!

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2005-12-04
Ikyoto - 06 September 2012 04:49 PM

Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

A version for men and women would be something I’d buy right off.

I’ve got those in the works. smile

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2005-12-04
MatTwassel - 07 September 2012 01:24 PM
Martin for OptiTex - 05 September 2012 12:29 PM

You can give your wishes, ideas and comments in this thread

I’ve enjoyed using a lot of the Opti-Tex clothes, but I also find using them frustrating at times. What is needed is a way to better adjust the fit manually prior to draping and also a way to effectively pin and drag.

Consider the case of a simple towel. First of all, I don’t believe there is one. Second, if there were, we need a way to fit it using pins and drags.

Besides the towel I’d like a blanket and some bed sheets.

Towels will be already fitted. There will be matching shaders so you can create images of them dropped on the ground with, say, the controllable dynamic shapes.

It’s going to be a bit, though, since it’s still in the beginning stages of production. They’re coming, though. smile

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
RAMWolff - 07 September 2012 12:15 PM

A question…. seeing how this is slowly getting more Genesis love…. I might be interested but .... how does things work when scaled.  Say you have a Genesis character that’s smaller, child, dwarf, fairy….. what happens with that?  Is that one of the draw backs currently? 

Unfortunately, if you shrink something, during the drape it goes back to its original size. You have to enlarge the child, dwarf, fairy, etc. instead.

I wish this worked differently. I wish scaling and morphs could be taken into account before the drape starts. But Martin can’t do anything about that. :(

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

7 of 48